PDA

View Full Version : No mods online for a good hour.

Hypertext
31-12-2007, 05:03 AM
K, news, no mods online for a good hour or so. Ohnoes.

kthx.

edit: sailor finally on.

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Moderator): Thread Closed as it is not considered news.

j
31-12-2007, 05:05 AM
GOOD NEWS +REP.

Okeanos
31-12-2007, 08:33 AM
they dont have to be on the actual hotel to be moderating it btw

Minstrels
31-12-2007, 08:54 AM
LET'S RIOTTTTTTTTTTTT!
DESU
DESU
DESU
DESU
DESU
DESU

Jahova
31-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Offtopic;
OMG SKAM, I WAS BEIN HARASSED AND I CFH'ED 10 TIMEZ AND NO-1 CAME AND THEN WHEN I AD FINISHED THIS SKAMMA CAME AND NICKED ALL ME FURNI BY ASKING ME A QWESTIN AND I ANSERD.
WHAT THW HEL I NO INIT.

Ontopic;
They said they are moderated 24/7/365 - If they are not, someone could actually sue them.. I think.

Pyroka
31-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I think we should send a very angry letter.

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 10:28 AM
they dont have to be on the actual hotel to be moderating it btw

They do.. or someone does.

And there are mods that we dont know about (my we I mean yourhabbo status because i know that where you are looking)

WarezKid
31-12-2007, 10:28 AM
They dont have to be on habbo to mod.

:rolleyes:

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 10:30 AM
They dont have to be on habbo to mod.

:rolleyes:

Oh really? I cant post chat logs but.. :)

Hitman
31-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Oh really? I cant post chat logs but.. :)I've seen before, they have the housekeeping, and george to ban and see whats happening.

WarezKid
31-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Oh really? I cant post chat logs but.. :)

since your a good friend and i trust you, but honestly, i thought they didnt have to be on, because of housekeeping lol

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I've seen before, they have the housekeeping, and george to ban and see whats happening.
GEORGE is only a moderating program... like all things automatic, it needs someone there to monitor it... when you get banned for swearing.. it isnt GEORGE that bans you, GEORGE only suggests to an ONLINE Mod, that somthing bad is going on, a Mod will then look at the speech and take action.

And FYI, a Mod DOES need to be logged into Habbo to moderate.

Hitman
31-12-2007, 10:42 AM
GEORGE is only a moderating programme...like all things automatic, it needs someoneone there to monitor it... when you get banned for swearing.. it isnt GEORGE that bans you, GEORGE only suggests to an ONLINE Mod, that somthing bad is going on, a Mod will then look at the speech and take action.

And FYI, a Mod DOES need to be logged into Habbo to moderate.
I know what it is, thanks for explaining anyway.

Yes, I've seen screenshots of it. MODs can use that without logging in, as it's a program (or a java based application).

WarezKid
31-12-2007, 10:43 AM
But honestly, you cant sue habbo lol, i sure they had someone on.

Minstrels
31-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I think we should send a very angry letter.
Can we write a angry letter to you pls?

Blissa
31-12-2007, 11:23 AM
yeah like the others said they dont actually need to be online to be moderating the hotel because they have this housekeeping thing or something. :) lol. its nice of you to post it though because i don't remember the last time there was a moderator offline.

WarezKid
31-12-2007, 11:25 AM
got proof from dan,

Hitman
31-12-2007, 11:32 AM
They have george, which Xavier kindly explained what it is. I'm 99% sure it has the functions to ban, kick etc... to Habbos, therefore they don't need to be logged in. Housekeeping is web based, which requires a login but not the Habbo client login.

If they had to be logged in, why have housekeeping for certain things.

e5
31-12-2007, 11:33 AM
They don't have to be online to moderate the hotel..

Pyroka
31-12-2007, 11:33 AM
Can we write a angry letter to you pls?

Nty tbh. :P It's a shame they don't let us in on how they moderate... hehe.

Hitman
31-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Nty tbh. :P It's a shame they don't let us in on how they moderate... hehe.Some people have found out, the ways they moderate, ie, george and housekeeping. I used to have loads of images of george and HK but I reformated my laptop. :@

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 12:05 PM
Everyone is arguing because they think I will post some chat logs confirming that mods need to be online to moderate..

Well tbh get ******, people like elliott will just spread anything like wildfire, and blissa.. well blissa LOL

As Jake already said, he knows, :)

And Hitmat, pictures of George and HK is on Habborator.org :)

WarezKid
31-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Rofl xD

GoldenMerc
31-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Everyone is arguing because they think I will post some chat logs confirming that mods need to be online to moderate..

Well tbh get ******, people like elliott will just spread anything like wildfire, and blissa.. well blissa LOL

As Jake already said, he knows, :)

And Hitmat, pictures of George and HK is on Habborator.org :)

Where?

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 12:22 PM
http://habborator.org/frank/index.html > next

GoldenMerc
31-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I didnt think Mods could give name changes.

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 12:26 PM
I didnt think Mods could give name changes.

No ****, different skill groups.

Technologic
31-12-2007, 12:27 PM
OH GOD NO, HOW WILL WE SURVIVE?

This is not news

Loqo
31-12-2007, 12:38 PM
Just messaged a MOD over some idiot making me scam rooms for nothing. How do i get rid of them? +Rep to anyone who helps.

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 12:39 PM
Just messaged a MOD over some idiot making me scam rooms for nothing. How do i get rid of them? +Rep to anyone who helps.

www.habbo.co.uk/home/[habbo's name]

> click Show report buttons > report the room names.

Loqo
31-12-2007, 12:42 PM
www.habbo.co.uk/home/ (http://www.habbo.co.uk/home/)[habbo's name]

> click Show report buttons > report the room names.

Thanks Xavier.. +Rep. Not that it means anything much now since they changed it! :@

Ecoutez
31-12-2007, 01:18 PM
I bet someone has already posted this, but I really can't be bothered looking through the posts, soz.

MODs can and do moderate without being on the hotel. MOD-Hermione and MOD-Sailor both do it a lot, I've sent quite a few CFH's when there has been no MOD on and then I get a reply, and it is dealt with.

One time there was something unacceptable on a sticky, I reported that and MOD-Hermione answered me saying "thanks, i'll be there as soon as I can", and 5 minutes later she came on and delteted it, then logged back off the hotel again.

So yeah, although there was no mod actually on the hotel, it was still being moderated somehow.

--ss--
31-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I believe they have an automated system witch picks up certain keywords and auto bans you / warns you appropriately , It's called the allseeingeye ;)

WarezKid
31-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Where?

I believe they have an automated system witch picks up certain keywords and auto bans you / warns you appropriately , It's called the allseeingeye ;)

Ye, really how that gonna work when they dont know it direct

Resign
31-12-2007, 01:24 PM
No, that's not true - you're probably thinking of George.

The allseeingeye is their HouseKeeping name.

le harry
31-12-2007, 01:29 PM
great news.. ''/

Jordy
31-12-2007, 03:50 PM
No, that's not true - you're probably thinking of George.

The allseeingeye is their HouseKeeping name.Yeah I think you're correct there, but everyone's on the right lines anyway.

http://www.status.yourhabbo.co.uk hasn't updated the staff members on there for a while, and along with what Ecoutez says, there is probably Moderators we don't know.

Minstrels
31-12-2007, 03:59 PM
I bet someone has already posted this, but I really can't be bothered looking through the posts, soz.

MODs can and do moderate without being on the hotel. MOD-Hermione and MOD-Sailor both do it a lot, I've sent quite a few CFH's when there has been no MOD on and then I get a reply, and it is dealt with.

One time there was something unacceptable on a sticky, I reported that and MOD-Hermione answered me saying "thanks, i'll be there as soon as I can", and 5 minutes later she came on and delteted it, then logged back off the hotel again.

So yeah, although there was no mod actually on the hotel, it was still being moderated somehow.
You report stickies? lul...

Hazza
31-12-2007, 04:02 PM
LOL.

and yeah, I think Xavier is right. You have to be on the hotel to do most of the moderating but they can be offline and still moderating? I dunno.

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Boxi how/why would you have chat logs anyway? :S

Ecoutez
31-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Well it was about me, so yeah..

Boxiel
31-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Boxi how/why would you have chat logs anyway? :S

Read ya PM

bo$$
31-12-2007, 04:27 PM
They don't have to be online to moderate the hotel..

Why the hell would you even bother posting that after it was pretty much settled? xavier clearly knows what he's talking about so how about you and the others just hush.

I was thinking - couldn't they be on clone account? But then I also got the thought that if they were on a normal account, they wouldn't get the cfh's..
Nevermind :)

Ecoutez
31-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Read ya PM
Feel free to tell me too! :>

Black_Apalachi
31-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Read ya PM

Aye aye ;).

lScottl
31-12-2007, 06:12 PM
Oh no, I think I might cry. And Dan I have a feeling I already know why you have chat logs.

Carbrini
31-12-2007, 06:15 PM
what time was this?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!