PDA

View Full Version : My first time on a Wii

Frodo13.
01-01-2008, 02:06 AM
Yeah, it's not bad. It's a little tricky to handle, but I suppose that gets better with time. Only played on Wii sports, which is fab - didn't play on boxing because my cousin only had 1 nunchuck.

Im thinking of buying one, but just wonderd if the novelty would wear off abit after a while, and if I have to use the Wiimote with every game. Like for Zelda for example [which would be one of the main reasons I'd buy a Wii] do you need it for that, as for me that would spoil the fun of the game.

Neversoft
01-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Yeah, it's not bad. It's a little tricky to handle, but I suppose that gets better with time. Only played on Wii sports, which is fab - didn't play on boxing because my cousin only had 1 nunchuck.

Im thinking of buying one, but just wonderd if the novelty would wear off abit after a while, and if I have to use the Wiimote with every game. Like for Zelda for example [which would be one of the main reasons I'd buy a Wii] do you need it for that, as for me that would spoil the fun of the game.

In my opinion, the novelty doesn't wear off at all. Theres hours and hours of fun to be had playing the Wii.

You use the Wiimote with every Wii game, because, well... thats the Wii's controller. Don't worry though, it doesn't spoil Zelda at all, it improves it. You basically only use it to slash your sword and aim your bow and stuff anyway. I'd choose to play Zelda with a Wiimote rather than a controller ANY DAY.

Naruto!
01-01-2008, 02:27 AM
Novelty wore off for me mate. It all depends on what kind of gamer you are.
I'm sure it varies massively and if you like the kind of games that are released on Wii than the novelty probably will not go.

PaulMacC
01-01-2008, 03:45 AM
Novelty hasnt wore off for me, Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 are amazing titles.
Guitar Hero 3 is great too, I prefer it on the Wii aswell, the graphics may be toned down and we may not be getting downloadable content until feburary but the star power is so much easily more activated and it's easier to attack your opponents in battle mode with the motion sensing on the Wiimote, the Wiimote also rumbles which is helpful when you miss a beat.

Personally the Wii is the best console out atm, it's sold the most consoles despite being out for only a year and a bit against the 360's 2 and a half years, it's amazing.

I'd highly recommend one more than a 360 or PS3

MrPinkPanther
01-01-2008, 12:01 PM
I hate people using the word novelty. The wii remotes are not a novelty at any point they are just the most sophisticated control system out there.

Neil
01-01-2008, 12:18 PM
I think it gets a bit old to quickly, the games out for it don't really seem all that great, Wii sports is the best I have atm and I've got Zelda and Mario Galaxy, I haven't really done much in Zelda because the "explanation" on fishing sucks

Wootzeh
01-01-2008, 12:21 PM
I played on one for my first time a couple of days ago, 12of our family together, was good fun, but that's the only good thing i can see about the Wii, it's best played together, other than Super Mario Galaxy which sounds good.

Frodo13.
01-01-2008, 03:16 PM
I played on one for my first time a couple of days ago, 12of our family together, was good fun, but that's the only good thing i can see about the Wii, it's best played together, other than Super Mario Galaxy which sounds good.

Yes, if I get one I'm keeping it downstairs so everyone can play it.

Simmzay
01-01-2008, 03:59 PM
I hate stupid people.

If you don't like the game selection, it isn't even remotely related to "novelty". Please bring some valid criticism to the table, it'd be easier to digest.

GommeInc
01-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I think it gets a bit old to quickly, the games out for it don't really seem all that great, Wii sports is the best I have atm and I've got Zelda and Mario Galaxy, I haven't really done much in Zelda because the "explanation" on fishing sucks
Lol I won't disagree. It doesn't really tell you what to do. It's like game creator doing that part of the game sneezed and forgot all about that part, so it's just a collection of words that make no sense. I think you wiggle the nunchuk while keeping the wiimote pointing upwards.

Anyhoo, I like the Wii. It's good for games and if you want to show your family something, you can turn it on and show them without having to go on the computer and wating for that to start up.

fweggy
01-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Golf/Tennis/Baseball are good - Bowling sucks - Boxing kind of annoying

Only games ive played on a wii at my mates house :P

Neversoft
01-01-2008, 05:01 PM

You swoosh the remote forward to cast, then gently move the remote side to side to attract fish. Once you have a bite, quickly raise the remote up and then twist the nunchuck left and right to reel it in. Eventually you'll catch a fish. It does get tiring though, but it's quite fun once you get the hang of it. :P

Golf/Tennis/Baseball are good - Bowling sucks - Boxing kind of annoying

Only games ive played on a wii at my mates house :P

Bowling and Boxing are great! I think Bowling is probably my second most played game on Wii Sports, and Boxing is probably my third!

Stitch
01-01-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm starting to like Bowling becuase i'm getting better at it. I don't like Boxing because its too hard lol

If you do get a Wii get Wii Play for the remote :D

Neversoft
02-01-2008, 12:30 AM
I'm starting to like Bowling becuase i'm getting better at it. I don't like Boxing because its too hard lol

If you do get a Wii get Wii Play for the remote :D

Ahh, boxings easy. :P

I just block and jab at their head continuously using the nunchuck. Might go and have a go now. :8

Neil
02-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Lol I won't disagree. It doesn't really tell you what to do. It's like game creator doing that part of the game sneezed and forgot all about that part, so it's just a collection of words that make no sense. I think you wiggle the nunchuk while keeping the wiimote pointing upwards.

Anyhoo, I like the Wii. It's good for games and if you want to show your family something, you can turn it on and show them without having to go on the computer and wating for that to start up.

Yea I mean I was trying everything from what it tells you to trying to actually reel it in

You swoosh the remote forward to cast, then gently move the remote side to side to attract fish. Once you have a bite, quickly raise the remote up and then twist the nunchuck left and right to reel it in. Eventually you'll catch a fish. It does get tiring though, but it's quite fun once you get the hang of it. :P

Bowling and Boxing are great! I think Bowling is probably my second most played game on Wii Sports, and Boxing is probably my third!

I tried that but nothing happened, if that's what you have to do why the hell does the "tutorial" only mention the wiimote and having to pull it to catch the fish? :S

They really didn't go into the details with it did they? xD I'll have another go tomorrow anyway, it's quite a nice looking game you probably just need to pass all the dull stuff lol

I pwn my bros on boxing and bowling (H)

I have an awesome technique to get a stick almost everytime, when you start have the wiimote down by your side, then move your arm up so the ball is in the air, bring it back then lift it back up, when it's sorta in this angle "/" let go and it'll almost always strike, I got 3 in a row at the end of one of my games when I learnt it

Neversoft
02-01-2008, 03:19 AM
Yea I mean I was trying everything from what it tells you to trying to actually reel it in

I tried that but nothing happened, if that's what you have to do why the hell does the "tutorial" only mention the wiimote and having to pull it to catch the fish? :S

They really didn't go into the details with it did they? xD I'll have another go tomorrow anyway, it's quite a nice looking game you probably just need to pass all the dull stuff lol

I pwn my bros on boxing and bowling (H)

I have an awesome technique to get a stick almost everytime, when you start have the wiimote down by your side, then move your arm up so the ball is in the air, bring it back then lift it back up, when it's sorta in this angle "/" let go and it'll almost always strike, I got 3 in a row at the end of one of my games when I learnt it

I think you have to shake the wiimote when you're holding it up aswell.

I played boxing earlier. Nearly pro now and still unbeaten. :8

Cool, I'll try your technique next time I play it. :D The most strikes I've got in a row is four.

Ekalb
02-01-2008, 06:31 AM

Im not a fan of bowling, its kinda weird. I've only played it once though.
I like boxing, got some nice and quick knockouts but was a bit tired after a few.

Neil
02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
I think you have to shake the wiimote when you're holding it up aswell.

I played boxing earlier. Nearly pro now and still unbeaten. :8

Cool, I'll try your technique next time I play it. :D The most strikes I've got in a row is four.

My bros always try and copy my technique but keep failing and getting gutter balls xD

Loqo
02-01-2008, 12:32 PM
I played it for a week and with only having Wii-sports. The novelty worn off abit. Not too say its bad. I'd love a wii. :)

Cryptoo
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
soz but dont get zelda
so borin goin through the tutorials.
its rubbish i thinkz

Neversoft
02-01-2008, 02:21 PM
My bros always try and copy my technique but keep failing and getting gutter balls xD

I'll try it in a minute. :P

Im not a fan of bowling, its kinda weird. I've only played it once though.
I like boxing, got some nice and quick knockouts but was a bit tired after a few.

Bowling isnt so good by yourself, but it's great with friends!

Yeah, Boxings great! :D I had a double knockout last week. Both knocked eachother out at the same time some how. :P

I played it for a week and with only having Wii-sports. The novelty worn off abit. Not too say its bad. I'd love a wii. :)

You should all listen to Simmzay. (http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4313279&postcount=9)

soz but dont get zelda
so borin goin through the tutorials.
its rubbish i thinkz

If Zelda is one of the main reasons he'd buy a Wii, then I assume he must be a fan of the series. Twilight Princess might not be as good as Ocarina, but it's still awesome.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!