PDA

View Full Version : XBOX LIVE HELP :@

Alan_Carr
01-01-2008, 01:40 PM
Hey guys, basically ever since Christmas Day, my xbox live connection has been really poor, and it keeps having blips etc, i assume its because my 360 is in my room upstairs and the router is downstairs, but how can i improve my connection?
If i got a wireless router in my room, would that make it better?
It also hasnt been working for a few days, due to downtime with xbox live.
Help guys, i need tips pls!:eusa_wall
+rep for helpful answers!:eusa_wall

yido
01-01-2008, 02:33 PM
i feel for ya soz

A28.
01-01-2008, 03:02 PM
Well Xbox LIVE has been terrible the past few weeks. Lots of people cant even connect. I have got my router downstairs and Xbox upstairs and i didnt have any trouble with lag before christmas so i doubt its anything to do with that. Just wait untill Microsoft sort it out.;)

Swearwolf
01-01-2008, 03:04 PM
more than likely got something to do with the fact loadsssss of people got 360 at xmas and made live accounts at the same time, overload microsoft rofl

Alan_Carr
01-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Takes the mick tho man, seriously.
Cos all my settings work etc when i test connection, then it lags up, then goes off. >:(

Viruz
03-01-2008, 01:29 PM
first off buddy if it is wireless then its not the best choice for xbox live, the live servers have been playing up since a week before christmas and cod4 servers are playing up all the time. i suggest you make sure you connections are all plugged in correctly then it still a problem check you equipment for faults and ring your isp for help with you broadband.

fweggy
03-01-2008, 01:31 PM
Yesterday xbox live on halo 3 was hit badly, but i havnt had problems.

Perhaps move the router to your room and see if its better

sock
03-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Ye, it mucks up quite a bit recently, come on 1 win to go!!! - cod4 - *the server connction has timed out* oh mannnnn.

flux
03-01-2008, 01:36 PM
my xbl wasn't working all yesterday evening, haven't checked it today because people are in the living room.

Viruz
03-01-2008, 01:47 PM
most people do panic when a game stops working well on live, but 8 out of 10 times the server is being updated has crashed or there are too many people playing that game. Cod4 is a perfect example of this i find when its like mid day in central america then the game times out more and there may be some lag between you and the host. i just switch to a different game or join a diffrent match/party.

Alan_Carr
03-01-2008, 02:05 PM
It seems to be working now :)
Thanks guys, thread closed.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!