PDA

View Full Version : The Wii

Jordie
02-01-2008, 11:27 AM
right so we are thinking of getting one what id like to know is whether they are worth the money and what games are best

rep to all that comment:)

Nick-
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
I've had my Wii for several months now and I have not once grown tired of it even though all I tend to play is Wii Sports. Its completely interactive and puts you in the game rather than forcing you to press button combinations endlessly to complete the game. Tennis on Sports is a prime example, all you really need to know to play it is that the A button serves, the rest is based on your movement of the Wiimote.
The graphics may be a bit sub par and wasted on a HD screen but they become irrelevant when you realise that your actual actions and movements are what's dictating what the game does. Its just great fun to play, especially with other people either online or split screen because it adds a slight competitive edge to the game without becoming too serious (a problem I got sick of on Xbox Live).
Unfortunately it is missing a few functions that could have been added e.g. it doesn't play DVDs and the online features are limited at best but the online ability is not particularly missed if you have family/friends who want to play it with you.
I haven't experienced any errors on the Wii or any problems with it, the only real problem that may arise is if you abuse the remote too much and don't follow the instructions, if you're playing tennis or baseball on an expensive TV and you don't have the remote strapped to your wrist your TV may experience a few dents. ;)
Best games would probably be the Resident Evil games with the added light gun controller, Guitar Hero, Wii Sports and Red Steel, I wouldn't recommend buying any games that aren't specifically made for the Wii, CoD3 was terrible on the Wii because it was built for the more expensive consoles.

Jordie
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
wow great detailed post

definetly going to get one just gotta find a decent package with a few games included and where they are in stock!

+ repp

Blue
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
I would reccomend: Zelda, thats one of the best games out, Super Mario Galaxy is excellent and so is Guitar Hero 3, red steel too.

The Wii is definatly worth the money, and is so much more fun if you have extra remotes to play with friends and family :)

myke
02-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Jord, I got one for Xmas, have fun trying Lut and Dun are all out, we had to go on a waiting list, luckily we got their first before anyone else, if you need help you've got my msger, it's great fun for the family :)

BowTies1
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
they are in stock in quite alot of places just places are taking advantage and putting the wiis in package bundles and selling them for like £300 and the games in bundle arnt worth it

kk.
02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
im sorry but do we really need another thread on this subject? just read the threads already made:
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=437829
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=430740
http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=437692

Juch
02-01-2008, 08:43 PM
the wii is more fun when playing with other people rather than on your own (unless youre playing a 1 player game)

i recommend buying super mario galaxy as i think thats one of the best wii games out atm

GommeInc
02-01-2008, 10:50 PM
right so we are thinking of getting one what id like to know is whether they are worth the money and what games are best

rep to all that comment:)
For the price you pay, they are deffinitely worth it in my opinion. Cheap, fun and has got some good games lined up (with some released).

Neversoft
02-01-2008, 11:58 PM
I've had my Wii for several months now and I have not once grown tired of it even though all I tend to play is Wii Sports. Its completely interactive and puts you in the game rather than forcing you to press button combinations endlessly to complete the game. Tennis on Sports is a prime example, all you really need to know to play it is that the A button serves, the rest is based on your movement of the Wiimote.
The graphics may be a bit sub par and wasted on a HD screen but they become irrelevant when you realise that your actual actions and movements are what's dictating what the game does. Its just great fun to play, especially with other people either online or split screen because it adds a slight competitive edge to the game without becoming too serious (a problem I got sick of on Xbox Live).
Unfortunately it is missing a few functions that could have been added e.g. it doesn't play DVDs and the online features are limited at best but the online ability is not particularly missed if you have family/friends who want to play it with you.
I haven't experienced any errors on the Wii or any problems with it, the only real problem that may arise is if you abuse the remote too much and don't follow the instructions, if you're playing tennis or baseball on an expensive TV and you don't have the remote strapped to your wrist your TV may experience a few dents. ;)
Best games would probably be the Resident Evil games with the added light gun controller, Guitar Hero, Wii Sports and Red Steel, I wouldn't recommend buying any games that aren't specifically made for the Wii, CoD3 was terrible on the Wii because it was built for the more expensive consoles.

Totally agree.

The only third party title I'd recommend is Guitar Hero.
I'd also recommend the three main games, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3 and Twilight Princess.

Wootzeh
03-01-2008, 12:01 AM
My family are getting one when they're in stock, anyone know when they'll be in stock in the UK?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!