PDA

View Full Version : Java or Actionscript?

Jamie.
03-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Yeh whats easier to code, ummm also i'd need to be connecting to a mysql database through either one, which is easier to intergrate?:rolleyes:

Moved by Agesilaus (Forum Moderator) from Designing and Development: Please post in the correct forum next time. :)

Ini
04-01-2008, 12:36 AM
I'd says Java but thats only becuase ive never used Action script

Mentor
04-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Java dosnt requre you to have flash, which is one big advantage.

WarezKid
04-01-2008, 03:39 AM
agree with above!

MrPinkPanther
04-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Depends what your going to be using it for but considering that I know, Java.

Jme
04-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Ye java doesn't have any requirements like flash player but tbh who doesn't have flash player? Actionscript is by far easier (for me anyway) I find javascript extremely hard haha, although the syntax is very similar for the 2 languages. it's easy to connect to a database in flash aswell using php and xml to feed the data into the flash. I suppose java is the better option but i just said actionscript because i prefare it :]

Ini
04-01-2008, 04:45 PM
As i said above..

Java

MrPinkPanther
04-01-2008, 05:09 PM
I prefer AS personally but Java is better for what he wants.

Mentor
05-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Ye java doesn't have any requirements like flash player but tbh who doesn't have flash player? Actionscript is by far easier (for me anyway) I find javascript extremely hard haha, although the syntax is very similar for the 2 languages. it's easy to connect to a database in flash aswell using php and xml to feed the data into the flash. I suppose java is the better option but i just said actionscript because i prefare it :]

javascript != java

Plus, i much prefer java's syntax and nice oop approach of the latest action script, 2.0 was ok but 3.0 just seems like bloat to me (not really used in) in much the same was vb.net seems like a downgrade on vb6. It adds complexity without any major benefit

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!