PDA

View Full Version : Car Site - Big Problems...

Awfy
04-01-2008, 04:48 AM
I've hit designers block as I like to call it. I basically done a banner which I thought would look nice then had no clue what to do for the content. It just doesn't look right and whenever I add light boxes to it, it makes it look worse. Btw, ignore the fact the menu inside the white box looks ugly for the moment. I've not attempted to edit that yet. Just needing ideas on how to contain the content and sidebar in a way which looks good and works well.

Just like to point out also, this is my first ever attempt at a Wordpress template and it's already coded like you see below.

If you have any ideas please tell me :(

http://up.thehabbo.com/1199467396.png

Ini
04-01-2008, 04:46 PM
Don't like it..

today
05-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Maybe fade the banner (bottom area) into the content box? And then carry the gradient on

So i mean have a gradient on the box but its faded at the top so the banner overlaps and then fades into a solid colour near the bottom?

Go play.

Information.
05-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Love it all, apart from the right hand side navigational pane.

I am a rallying fan and involved within rallying hugely, and evos always look good ;)

Awfy
05-01-2008, 10:21 PM
Love it all, apart from the right hand side navigational pane.

I am a rallying fan and involved within rallying hugely, and evos always look good ;)
Well, it's my Step Dad's car. So he wanted a site, just struggling to make it look good.

Jamie.
05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
needs alot of padding :(

padding: 10px;

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!