PDA

View Full Version : LAN Adapter help

Hatake Kakashi
06-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I recently purchased a LAN adapter but cause of the way my net's wired, it doesn't work. I don't really know why, maybe cause of the way I'm connecting it but I have no clue. My setup is:

Phone Line -> ADSL Filter ->ADSL Modem -> Computer

I usually just take the wire out of my modem and connect it to the adapter but it doesn't connect. Anyone able to help me with this?

Gnome
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I recently purchased a LAN adapter but cause of the way my net's wired, it doesn't work. I don't really know why, maybe cause of the way I'm connecting it but I have no clue. My setup is:

Phone Line -> ADSL Filter ->ADSL Modem -> Computer

I usually just take the wire out of my modem and connect it to the adapter but it doesn't connect. Anyone able to help me with this?

Have you got another ethernet port in your computer? Ive heard that works with 360's but i dunno about Wii's i just use wifi :[

PaulMacC
07-01-2008, 10:52 PM
Same as above.

Put the filter in and get a ADSL to phone line adapter, then plug the phone in one and have the other straight up to your Wii and plug your PC in and take Wii out when you need.

Thats all I can think of, or get a WiFi stick for £30, mine broke after 1 year but we have wireless now and thats sweet.

Hatake Kakashi
08-01-2008, 01:59 PM
The modem connects to the computer by USB. It's like the cable from the filter goes into this blue box thing (the modem) and then there's a second port in the modem for the usb to go in.
I would get the wi-fi USB connector but my system likes to shut down randomly which would disrupt online downloads or something.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!