PDA

View Full Version : Portillo Seconds From Death - How to Kill a Human.

Mr.Sam
09-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Intresting video, They are trying out a method of humane execution by starving the brain of oxygen.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEJKvbpOF0

Former Conservative MP, Michael Portillo pushes his body to the brink of death in an attempt to discover a method of executing criminals that is fundamentally humane in How to Kill a Human Being - the first programme in a new series of BBC Two's Horizon. It is an investigation that will take us into the darkest reaches of science.

Across the world capital punishment is in crisis. In Vietnam shaky marksmen have brought into serious question the reliability of the firing squads. In Iraq Saddam's half brother was hanged and decapitated by mistake. And in the United States -- the most technologically advanced nation in the world -- the use of their primary method of execution, lethal injection, has ground to a halt as the Supreme Court examines whether prisoners are actually dying in unnecessary pain.

Michael looks to science to find a better solution and explore the key execution methods still available today. He discovers why convicts can catch on fire in the electric chair, how easy it is to botch a hanging and explores the terror of the gas chamber.

Armed with the startling evidence he uncovers, Michael sets out to establish what he believes are the criteria for a perfect humane execution. As he does so he sets his sights on a wholly new method, utilizing a biological phenomenon known as hypoxia -- the lack of oxygen to the brain. Could it be the solution?

Roboevil
09-01-2008, 06:17 PM
That skinhead's voice is really funny.

8-3=4 lol!

PaulMacC
09-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Thats pretty cool.

[Chris]
09-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Thats pretty cool.

yeah.. actully it is..
that could be done without the person knowing..because theres no pain you just have a sudden wave of stupidness and you dont realise

sounds.. good

Lycan
09-01-2008, 11:48 PM
I'll have to wait that,

Intresting way of executing... the one i'd most agree with, but i'm against the death penalty.

Mr.Sam
09-01-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm against it also, But think the program will be really interesting.

I'll have to wait that,

Intresting way of executing... the one i'd most agree with, but i'm against the death penalty.

Lycan
09-01-2008, 11:52 PM
I'm against it also, But think the program will be really interesting.

In my previous post i said "i'll have to wait that" , i meant watch it.. . i'll have to watch it

Intresting to see that they are looking for new ways to execute... you'd think they'd be beyond that by now... mind you brain starving without oxygen is more common sense then discovery i guess.

Infrontation
10-01-2008, 12:40 AM
tbh, if you kill someone / many people and are sentenced to the death penalty I don't see why you deserve to die a humane death. However for medical purposes etc. it would be alot easier than being injected.

PaulMacC
10-01-2008, 12:43 AM
I'd prefer it over execution though they could do it with dogs and animals and stuff rather than giving them the needle :'(

I still think the needle is crueler.

FlyingJesus
10-01-2008, 01:19 AM
The most humane way that it's been done in history is the guillotine (proven), as it doesn't miss and it's very quick. Just very gory and people around it don't like it much. Firing squad also effective if they do it right. Seems pretty obvious to me but would it not be possible to make some sort of mechanism whereby a person's head is locked in place and a bullet put through the correct part of the brain without fail?

Mentor
10-01-2008, 02:24 AM
The most humane way that it's been done in history is the guillotine (proven), as it doesn't miss and it's very quick. Just very gory and people around it don't like it much. Firing squad also effective if they do it right. Seems pretty obvious to me but would it not be possible to make some sort of mechanism whereby a person's head is locked in place and a bullet put through the correct part of the brain without fail?
Meh, most the humain ways dont look very humain, and its really all about how it looks rather than how much suffering they cause.
Why do you think they use the electric char and lethal injection when the guillotine and hanging work much better and are painless. Hangings useually out for much the same reason as the guillotine as examplifed by saddams hanging, dont time it right you get a flying head. Which for some reason people seem to equate with more suffering, dispite the fact its just as quick and painless as if it was done right "/
The real problem is, capital punishment in general, just isnt humain. Getting nicer ways of killing people doesnt really solve the problem of you killing them in cold blood when you use it.

FlyingJesus
10-01-2008, 02:52 AM
Bring back gladiator fights

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!