PDA

View Full Version : [vb] is it possible?

Krapid
10-01-2008, 08:30 PM
Due to the lack of response in my thread on vb.org i've posted it here, hoping some expierenced vb user can help out.

Using vb 3.7.0 Beta 3 - no bugs sofar.

Is it possible to have the profile urls (/member.php?u=1) to be renamed to members/username.php or members/username/ ??

I want to use my vbulletin forum as a website for my friends from college to connect and comment on guestbooks and pictures etc...

I want to move the album box up what is located under Friends to be moved up? - v3.7.0 profile section

I also want it so that in profile albums members create, there is a guestbook under every photo uploaded?

And the Mini Statistics what is at the top i want that to show extended fields like first name, country, City and gender onto it (also shown on about me)

Now the techinical?

I want to add a new .php page with the forum template (i'll have to copy and paste the images to my host i think unless you can make an template page?) and with this new index.php I want my content i want on it, and with blocks showing you "new members" "hottest members" "shoutbox"

new members - pictures not there names?
hottest members - it'll show you the featured member of the week
shoutbox - ppl communicate.

thanks to you kind people who can respond and help.

today
10-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Is it possible to have the profile urls (/member.php?u=1) to be renamed to members/username.php or members/username/ ??
Yes, there is a SEO on vBulletin.org (Zoins) which will rewrite the urls hopefully. You can do it manual but it would require alot of effort and coding.

I want to move the album box up what is located under Friends to be moved up? - v3.7.0 profile section
Once again you will need to edit the templates.

I also want it so that in profile albums members create, there is a guestbook under every photo uploaded?

And the Mini Statistics what is at the top i want that to show extended fields like first name, country, City and gender onto it (also shown on about me)
You'll need to create profile fields which users need to fill in and then do a if condition to show them.

Now the techinical?

I want to add a new .php page with the forum template (i'll have to copy and paste the images to my host i think unless you can make an template page?) and with this new index.php I want my content i want on it, and with blocks showing you "new members" "hottest members" "shoutbox"
The link below will tell you how to make your own .php pages and use the styles still!
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62164

Jongo
10-01-2008, 09:38 PM
You did not correctly spell Zoints. He may get confused! :P

You provided him with good feedback there, and why not search the vbulletin.org forum, he obviously got the link by doing that.

today
10-01-2008, 09:48 PM
You did not correctly spell Zoints. He may get confused! :P

You provided him with good feedback there, and why not search the vbulletin.org forum, he obviously got the link by doing that.
My bad about Zoints, i know my fair share about vBulletin ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!