PDA

View Full Version : FansiteGroup System

Awfy
10-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Hey!

The FansiteGroup is under way, everything seems to be purchased and the design is coded and ready to be filled with a good system.

Various people have offered to do the system however I haven't heard from them since so don't know what happening. If you can do the system for the site please tell me.

Here's a quick run down of the site from the about page;

Intro
The FansiteGroup was setup due to the lack of communication or at least good communication between fansites of HabboHotel. Every fansite would compete and disagree with each other. So what FG (FansiteGroup) set out to do was create one big community of all the fansites that wanted to take part. They would all be placed onto our system to connected via the likes of on site advertising. Each site would be reviewed, rated and debated so it's final release onto the site was as accurate and professional as possible.

New Fansites, Not Always Good
The increase in fansites (especially radio) has lead to the poor creation of sites. Things such as general design rules and coding have went down the pan. So it is FG's job try and put a common rule down that all fansites in it's community. Things such as layouts being coded via online sites that do it for you or designs being directly copied or influenced from other sites. These can not stand due to the pure cheek of the fansite owner to release such a project to the Habbo community.

Official Selection
We're currently in the process of trying to get Habbo UK to use our system for selecting new official fansites. Due to the fact only popular fansites become official which doesn't technically make them good. This can be down to things such as the owner's popularity on the particular hotel or the wealth of the site staff to be able to give away a lot in competitions. Making it very unfair on those sites which put a lot into the development of their site.

Thanks,

Awfy <3

MountainDew
10-01-2008, 10:46 PM
What exactly would it require? I don't know much about it. :)

today
10-01-2008, 10:49 PM
I like the name... :) And i agree about so many fansites there getting abit crap, but it seems the crap ones actually get somewhere sometimes.

Awfy
10-01-2008, 11:00 PM
A user must be able to register by submitting a site. By this I mean they register when they choose to submit their first site as part of the process. For instance they'd select a username and so on then give their site's information. However, once registered they can add new sites via their dashboard. Members must be able to upload advertisement banners of different sizes to the system. This allowing them to be displayed on all the other sites in the group. They should also be allowed to upload what I'm calling a Widget Graphic which is a small graphic (like a logo) which goes onto their button that displays on the fansite lists. Then of course the main thing is there has to be a away for members of the site to easily integrate the advertisements into their site. Using javascript or something like that, so they are rotating and can be chosen to fit specific parts of their site.
Quoted that from a previous PM, sorry for any spelling mistakes.

MountainDew
10-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Hmm sounds pretty simple, wasn't Invent doing it?

Awfy
10-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Yeah I thought so too, but haven't spoke to him in a couple of days. Plus he's busy with Homes.

MountainDew
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Yeah I thought so too, but haven't spoke to him in a couple of days. Plus he's busy with Homes.
Shouldn't matter, he should be interested in something else in a couple more days, he switches back and forth :P

Awfy
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
Lol, nah Simon is cool.

paramoree
10-01-2008, 11:14 PM
sounds interesting. :D

MountainDew
10-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Lol, nah Simon is cool.
Thats true that he does that though :P

Baving
11-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Make the sites interact with each other using SOAP and API.

Awfy
11-01-2008, 02:34 AM
API isn't really for interaction between sites though, it's interaction to sites via applications more than anything.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!