PDA

View Full Version : FansiteGroup - The Plan & Your Suggestions

Awfy
11-01-2008, 03:01 AM
The FansiteGroup is now in the works and has gotten some good feedback from this forum and other places about the general idea. So the next step really is fully deciding what the site should allow fansites to do and how they do it. The general idea is simple;

"Connecting fansites to make one big community via advertising."

What I've planned to do is allow fansite owners to register on the site with a fansite attached to their account. Once the site has been reviewed and rated it will then be added to the system. The owner can edit things such as name, url (link), description, date of opening, owners (which includes images using habbo imager), previous version screenshots and whether they want to enable reviews and ratings.

This brings me onto my next part which is the reviewing and rating. Many have said this can overwrite the main purpose of the site to stop competition and arguments. So my thoughts were that the owners of the sites can choose whether or not they want them to be displayed. They can also choose if they want to allow other members review and rate the site in a secondary rating called Member's Rating instead of just FG's Rating. This means that they can get more opinions and thoughts about their site. The main purpose of the reviewing is to help the fansite owners see where their site could or needs to be improved. Over time they can get their site reviewed again so it can be improved on the system.

Aspects of reviewing will include;
Design
Coding
Structure
Maintenance
Content
Staff
TimelinessAllowing the general overview of sites to be taken from all angles instead of the usual "popularity" one that Habbo provides. Meaning that sites who put more effort into the site's coding and design will get noticed for once. Instead of fansites who are just popular due to owner's or staff.

Once a user is registered they can add as many fansites as they wish to their account however they must be the owner of that site for it to be added to the system.

Our party piece at the minute is in the works. As the main thing will the possibility of Habbo UK using the system to find the next official fansites. This means that the chosen fansites will have quality about them instead of quantity. This isn't a done deal yet though, however colmc did sound very interested in it. If this does go ahead we will be aiming to take it into other hotels, obviously the English speaking ones first. Then branch out if possible.

So if you have any suggestions or ideas please tell us. We're very interested in hearing about solutions to the reviewing and rating issues also.

Thanks,

Awfy

Alexz0r
11-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Sounds very interesting! i'll be sure to support this once its opened, well depending if my site is up by then of coarse.

Awfy
11-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Sounds very interesting! i'll be sure to support this once its opened, well depending if my site is up by then of coarse.
Hope to see your site on it once it's complete then :D

Chippiewill
11-01-2008, 01:24 PM
sounds good, if you get popular enough then habbo may realise that you dont rate on popularity :P

Assassinator
11-01-2008, 04:47 PM
If you need help with designing/Maintenance/managing i'de love to help:P

today
11-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I'll actually like to help with this :) Either review wise or just generally.

:)

Jackbee
11-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Looks like its going to be a good idea.

Blob
11-01-2008, 05:47 PM
The coding has begun =D

Scania
11-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Greg, but isn't it basically just like a TopSites SYSTEM, but without voting etc?

Awfy
11-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Read it Sam, you will see the difference if you bothered to read instead of just trying to diss :D

Alexz0r
11-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong Greg, but isn't it basically just like a TopSites SYSTEM, but without voting etc?

well it does sound sort of like that, just more as a community were the users can interact more and have different features.

Scania
11-01-2008, 11:30 PM
well it does sound sort of like that, just more as a community were the users can interact more and have different features.

Well in that case, for once, I'm with it :)

Awfy
12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Any other ideas...?

Assassinator
12-01-2008, 06:37 PM
Any chance i could help?:)

Jackboy
12-01-2008, 09:58 PM
I gotz a domain we cud use, habbofansites.co.uk ?

Awfy
13-01-2008, 01:05 AM
I gotz a domain we cud use, habbofansites.co.uk ?
Already got a domain FansiteGroup.com :P

RedCrisps
13-01-2008, 09:13 AM
oh god. better learn how to code using divs :D

MrPinkPanther
13-01-2008, 09:47 AM
I don't see the point in it.

Awfy
13-01-2008, 09:49 AM
oh god. better learn how to code using divs :D
It's coded in divs, or do you mean another site that's being submitted?

RedCrisps
13-01-2008, 09:57 AM
i mean my site for the coding review

Awfy
13-01-2008, 10:19 AM
i mean my site for the coding review
Ah right :) What's your site :P

RedCrisps
13-01-2008, 10:32 AM
MochaFM.com i have had it for ages but i havent had the time to do it so i just redirected it to lolm.us

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!