PDA

View Full Version : How do you upload backgrounds? + can someone suggest a host?

Zak
11-01-2008, 03:17 PM
A little question I need to ask, I know its stupid but I need to find out :P

When you have all your background images for your website, do you need to use an FTP uploader & add the images to your host like that?

Also anyone know any good hosts? I'm currently using Uni.cc

Moved by 01101101entor (Forum Moderator) from Website Coding: Pm me back if you think i'm wrong, but as far as i can tell this isn't really a coding question, so i'm moving in to the root Design and Dev forum where it will get more attention from the relevant people.

Secondly your post doesn't appear to have anything to do with css which makes the title quite misleading/confusing (the title was originally just "css"). I've changed it for you to try and make it more obvious what the thread contains, in future try to pick a more appropriate title in future.

--ss--
11-01-2008, 07:33 PM
I'm not sure why you have CSS in the tittle as it doesn't seem to be a coding question :S
But the way I do it when I want to upload websites / several files I zip them all up then upload the .zip file using Legacy file manager then Unzip it all using Cpanel.

DarrenToogood
11-01-2008, 07:58 PM
This really isn't a coding question. I just upload my images via the file manager in cPanel, because Firefox does not support FTP. If I was using IE like I did before, then I would be using ftp://www.rangehost.com to upload the files.

cPanel now do something called a 'Web Disk' which allows you to download a network place and then access your site directory straight from your desktop, just like FTP but alot quicker.

Awfy
12-01-2008, 01:10 PM
This really isn't a coding question. I just upload my images via the file manager in cPanel, because Firefox does not support FTP. If I was using IE like I did before, then I would be using ftp://www.rangehost.com to upload the files.

cPanel now do something called a 'Web Disk' which allows you to download a network place and then access your site directory straight from your desktop, just like FTP but alot quicker.
Actually, Firefox has a plugin which runs as an FTP.

Also I would use Filezilla for uploading files to websites. Best FTP software there is and it's 100% free :)

cgweb
16-01-2008, 02:05 PM
Actually, Firefox has a plugin which runs as an FTP.

Also I would use Filezilla for uploading files to websites. Best FTP software there is and it's 100% free :)
Yeah, Awfy got the right idea, the file manager in cPanel or FTP on IE isn't all that great, Filezilla ftw!

Invent
16-01-2008, 05:09 PM
FireFTP ftw.

Florx
16-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Qunexhost.com for a host.

Good luck!

RangeHost
16-01-2008, 05:39 PM
www.rangehost.com for a host, and I find it quick to use WebDisk from cPanel to add things to my sites.

php.net
16-01-2008, 06:08 PM
www.rangehost.com (http://www.rangehost.com) for a host, and I find it quick to use WebDisk from cPanel to add things to my sites.

You've already said that, Darren.

Awfy
16-01-2008, 07:27 PM
You've already said that, Darren.
Ah so Darren is RangeHost, lmao. As he sent me a PM a couple of days ago saying I had contacted him about RangeHost. Just another scam I take it...

RangeHost
16-01-2008, 07:53 PM
'Another Scam'?

Nothing scam'my about this. 100% legit ;)

Mentor
16-01-2008, 07:58 PM
'Another Scam'?

Nothing scam'my about this. 100% legit ;)

The wink when saying that really boosts my confidence in you... *cough* :P

Colin-Roberts
16-01-2008, 08:20 PM
fireftp ftw..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!