PDA

View Full Version : Do We Care?

Luno1599
11-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Hi,

I live in the UK and we have been having some TV programs about chickens and how they are kept before slaughter.

What have I posted this for? Well, what I want to know is the following

1. Do you buy free-range chickens?
2. Do you think it is right they way they are kept?
3. If you answer is no to question 3 please tell the nation you care by signing up for this petition! http://www.chickenout.tv/

I would appreciate it if you can post your answers and show your support for the millions of chickens who give their lives every day to help us live! Show you support and sign up today!

Danny

(Mods: Please dont move this, This is the only but on the forum I use. Show your support)

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Thread moved to 'Discuss anything'. Do not blatantly post in the wrong section.

MrCraig
11-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Course we care.

Imagine if you were shoved in a box with the village idiot chicken and forced to lay eggs all day *Sore i think*
+
If theyr being slaughtered, then they might as well have an ok-ish life before we kill and eat em.

They deserve to be freeee
(No, im not a tree-hugger, I like the idea of nuclear power and golf courses)

Invent
11-01-2008, 04:29 PM
3. If you answer is no to question 3 please tell the nation you care by signing up for this petition! http://www.chickenout.tv/

There isn't a question 3 o_o

php.net
11-01-2008, 04:31 PM
You can't request your thread to stay in the wrong forum lol.

If everyone done that, the forum would be a mess.

Anyway, I don't really see why they should live hampered lives. They don't do anything for us when they're alive, and we do plenty for them.

Milk-fed lambs can be as young as 26 days before slaughtering.

Jamieb
11-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Sorry for being off topic i saw something like this on Tv its on every night diff animals Called "Kill it Cook It Eat It" were a avatwar (sorry if spet bad) is attached to the restrant they show u how they kill them and what happends and then cook them.. I could not watch it I felt DED bad..

php.net
11-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Sorry for being off topic i saw something like this on Tv its on every night diff animals Called "Kill it Cook It Eat It" were a avatwar (sorry if spet bad) is attached to the restrant they show u how they kill them and what happends and then cook them.. I could not watch it I felt DED bad..

I was watching it, it's really interesting.

Well, suppose I've watched post-mortems lol.

MrPinkPanther
11-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I'm a vegetarian, of course I care.

Jamieb
11-01-2008, 04:48 PM
I was watching it, it's really interesting.

Well, suppose I've watched post-mortems lol.

How the hell do you watch it with out wanting to cry or feel bad for them

Invent
11-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Do you break down in tears when you eat a burger? No. You know that an animals been killed and you just have to deal with it.

Think of it in a stupid way, if pigs were the dominant species, they would be killing us.

Luno1599
11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
There isn't a question 3 o_o
Sorry I ment Q2

You can't request your thread to stay in the wrong forum lol.
I know but for this once I want people I know to reply as I use this but of the forumthe most.

I also watch this, It makes me sad but we do it to live and most have had a good life.

Also the title was abit missleading, I do care im asking you if you care!

Has anyone signed up on that site?

Dan

php.net
11-01-2008, 05:03 PM
How the hell do you watch it with out wanting to cry or feel bad for them

Since I've seen a post-mortem live, it was really nothing. I've disected a sheep before - I don't see why you would would cry. :S

Jamieb
11-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Do you break down in tears when you eat a burger? No. You know that an animals been killed and you just have to deal with it.

Think of it in a stupid way, if pigs were the dominant species, they would be killing us.

No but to watch it.. its abit hard hitting don't you think?

But as I took Agriculture and Horticulture as one of my options I know they have good life.
And that makes it abit better and If you notice that we were meant to eat meat if you read the bible (I haven't read it all) you know that all people in start of time eat meat..

Also i don't cry but i feel i would feel really bad if i saw the whole thing

Luno1599
11-01-2008, 05:08 PM
To be honist seeing it Live or on TV hits you hard and you have to care, I care that is why I posted this to see if you care. I see this is having a mixed reaction.

Jamieb
11-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Yeah but sing that is worse then some horrors I have saw because its 100% true unlike movies

today
11-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Tbh, i dont care.

Breed it. Kill it. Eat it.
Thats their life in three phrases. So what, i dont care its a friggen pig/chicken. Its meant to be killed to eat.

-Waits for flaming-

Luno1599
11-01-2008, 05:17 PM
For those who would like to watch some TV shows about this issue the times can be found below:

Kill it, cook it, eat it = Tonight 10.30-11.30PM GMT
Jamie's Fowl Dinners = Tonight 9.00-10.00PM GMT

Don’t forget Kill it, cook it, eat it contains scenes of animal slaughter some views may find disturbing

Danny

php.net
11-01-2008, 05:24 PM
No but to watch it.. its abit hard hitting don't you think?

But as I took Agriculture and Horticulture as one of my options I know they have good life.
And that makes it abit better and If you notice that we were meant to eat meat if you read the bible (I haven't read it all) you know that all people in start of time eat meat..

Also i don't cry but i feel i would feel really bad if i saw the whole thing

No, not really. I've seen it all before without thinking about it, and I honestly would not mind being a coroner. (money involved there is unbelievable).

I didn't cry or think about their lives.

To be honist seeing it Live or on TV hits you hard and you have to care, I care that is why I posted this to see if you care. I see this is having a mixed reaction.

Never hit me at all. Watching a post-mortem of a real dead body and looking at it never hit me either, I felt normal and fine - it's just part of life. (well, y'know what I mean)

Luno1599
11-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes I do get you, Has anyone signed up on that website?

today
11-01-2008, 05:40 PM
Yes I do get you, Has anyone signed up on that website?
No i havent and i wont.

php.net
11-01-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't and have no intentions to.

Mrak-Face
11-01-2008, 05:50 PM
No I don't.

I'm not a chicken, I never will be a chicken... so it's not my problem.

Luno1599
11-01-2008, 05:57 PM
I say we lock this person up in his own *removed* and make him live in the dark for 26 days and seeing light then ur dead... see how you feel

Edited by Immenseman (Forum Moderator): Please don't avoid the filter.

MattyBoy
11-01-2008, 06:17 PM
that program made me vege

Ramones
11-01-2008, 06:32 PM
couldn't care less. They taste nice, that's all that's important.

today
11-01-2008, 07:08 PM
couldn't care less. They taste nice, that's all that's important.
Well said mister! :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!