PDA

View Full Version : Scared of flying?

Vicious-Elmo
04-06-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm going on holiday on 2 weeks abroad.. But i'm scared of getting on the plane? Its my first time on a plane.. Anyone have any reasuring facts or tips on how not to be scared or anything.. :p

infatuation
04-06-2005, 04:17 PM
well.. I advise you to bring earmuffs/something to cover your ears..
as when you fly up high, your ears POP!

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Well im not a keen flyer myself and I have to fly to america on the 11th june, its quite fun actually its just I dont like it much... anyway heres a few facts:
+ your more likely to be struck by lightening than be in a plane crash
+ Travelling by plane is the safest way to travel

Hope they make you feel good about flying :p

Vicious-Elmo
04-06-2005, 04:19 PM
What if i get struck by lightening in a plane :O:O lol thanks for your tips making me feel better XD

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:22 PM
:P lolz when I was flying over india once there was this fantastic fork lightening storm.... it wont hit you... your too high up, its a fantastic site to see though

Steven
04-06-2005, 04:25 PM
I go on planes alot so here is some handy helpful advice,
when taking off and in flight and landing **** on a sweet, it's so your ears don't go funny. next try and sleep, sleeping on a plane is best gets rid of your scared-ness
and cover your eyes, when sleeping take a magazine or a book, they pass time quickly some planes give you blankets to keep warm this is handy if on a high flight.
relax sit back and watch a film if your nervous, also put you chair back a bit , it helps.

Helpful tips for a first timer.

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I fly a lot too
eat a sweet or a mint :p I dont know why but when I take off I cant stop laughing :p Hmm I cant sleep on planes and thats normal for a lot of people, get something to mess with like a wordsearch or sumat :p keeps you busy and makes you forget about flying

:.bEx.:
04-06-2005, 04:32 PM
I go flying a hell of a lot and i h8 it more than i h8 anything i have absulutly no reassuring news except ...u cant be any worse than me! i puke the whole way ...lovely fact ;)

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I go flying a hell of a lot and i h8 it more than i h8 anything i have absulutly no reassuring news except ...u cant be any worse than me! i puke the whole way ...lovely fact ;)

fasinating bex :) it'll make everyone feel great :p

:.bEx.:
04-06-2005, 04:34 PM
i think so, its a great fact. i h8 flyign so much i woz sick on the way to the airport last time lmao and when i got off the plane - im a skank when it comes to flying :p

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:36 PM
ewwww :p ive never been sick on a plane but I get coach-sick but I dont get bus-sick or car-sick rofl

Jase
04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
I'm going on holiday on 2 weeks abroad.. But i'm scared of getting on the plane? Its my first time on a plane.. Anyone have any reasuring facts or tips on how not to be scared or anything.. :p

you will seriously love the bloody take off, its the best part for me. but when we are landing i feel like i am gonna puke cause its forcing you back :s bring a MP3 player and chill out listening to music lol

kasi
04-06-2005, 04:38 PM
bring bubble gum while your on the plane. it makes your ears not pop.. oh and dont sit by the window if your afraid of heights. i've been on 42 planes. ;D

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:41 PM
im not allowed to eat anything sweet or chewing gum no more :p
I guess il just have 2 have poppy ears :p

Eckuii
04-06-2005, 04:41 PM
Buy some sweets and just chew on them and hopefully your eyes wont pop.
There is nothing to be afraid of :p
I remember the third time i ever flew. The wheels didnt come down :p So we nearly crashed. But that is a 1/100% thing that can happen.
You will be fine.
That Funniest bit is where the show you the exits. Always get sommat to read. Puts your mind of things :)

-Soph-
04-06-2005, 04:43 PM
hehe when the hostess showed us the exits and then she put that jacket thingy on she fell over xDDDD

Vicious-Elmo
04-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Thanks for all your great tips, I'm actually looking forward to it XD

lukeisok
04-06-2005, 08:07 PM
When up high.

Dont poke your ears.

Trust Me.

When you start to land my ears seriously hurt. i had a sharp pain in one of them.

Vicious-Elmo
04-06-2005, 08:16 PM
Great.. now i'm gonna poke my ears because i'm curious :p I went swimming and went really deep down.. and i had loads of pressure in my ear so i held my nose and blew they seemed okay until i got out and i had sharp pains in both of them..

Mentor
04-06-2005, 08:34 PM
to get rid of the pressuse in your ears(what cause the pain) ether **** on a hard boiled sweet, or most effective yawn (athogh that cant be done on will so much)

Plus, your more likly to be killed by a cocanut falling of a tree than hiting you on the head than in a plain crash.
Same with being killed by a cork of a wine bottle poping off

lucyecc
04-06-2005, 08:46 PM
wear suitable shoes ur feet will get uncomfy during flight.. you could get thrombosis or summin like that ! take your own bottle of water plane water is ikky ! and u can get dehidrated if your not careful avoid fizzy drinks.

once at night it was abit damp.. we were coming into landing and went through a big cloud and the plane shuk i was like ahhh i actually screamed and cried *yeah im a wuss* but its true ! i dont like stuff like that its scary :s then the lights went out !

Mentor
04-06-2005, 09:01 PM
its only a plain? unless your a perntioner you have little to worry about from thrombosis.
Whats wrong with fizzy drink? most flights you dont need any drink? if your on an 8 hour flight, maybe - but they serve food on them. if your on a 1 hour, most people woldnet even need a drink, plus they have the little carts going up and down seeling stuff anyway "/ with there favert items being there massivly over priced head phones :D

Redmoon Evil
04-06-2005, 10:25 PM
I would advise you to bring:
Digital camera - incase of emergency
toilet paper - you never know
i always bring a plank of wood advised 2x2 but 3x3 is ok
a shotgun - people be really friendly towards you
keyboard - to go with the invincible pc
and a china dinner set - i have no idea it just looks fin

all these items were randomly chosen to help make you look like a clown on your flight abroad

also do me a favor when in the air jump up and down 3 times and tell me how you felt just cos im curious

lucyecc
04-06-2005, 10:35 PM
its only a plain? unless your a perntioner you have little to worry about from thrombosis.
Whats wrong with fizzy drink? most flights you dont need any drink? if your on an 8 hour flight, maybe - but they serve food on them. if your on a 1 hour, most people woldnet even need a drink, plus they have the little carts going up and down seeling stuff anyway "/ with there favert items being there massivly over priced head phones :D

the mini pringle packets are £1.50 each or summin though some stuff is expensive.. but its normal it happesn in train stations

I would advise you to bring:
Digital camera - incase of emergency
toilet paper - you never know
i always bring a plank of wood advised 2x2 but 3x3 is ok
a shotgun - people be really friendly towards you
keyboard - to go with the invincible pc
and a china dinner set - i have no idea it just looks fin

all these items were randomly chosen to help make you look like a clown on your flight abroad

also do me a favor when in the air jump up and down 3 times and tell me how you felt just cos im curious

a shot gun wouldnt get through customs..

Pulchritudinous
04-06-2005, 10:52 PM
Swallow your spit when your ears pop.

Take a walk around the plane to stop your feet swelling. (If it's a long flight).

Don't try and watch every film in the brochure, cause you'll eyes with ache, especially if the person seated infront of you has their seat reclined!

Try and fall asleep as soon as possible.

Take regular trips to the toilet, to avoid discomfort.

Don't fall asleep with your chin against your chest or you'll have the worst pains in your neck.

Relax.

Hold someones hand on take-off and landing if you get nervous.

Be careful when taking bags of crisps cause the air-pressure makes them expand, (looks really funny), and they might explode, and it might cause you to think the plane is exploding...so if you feel the need to take crisps, eat them soon after take-off or whatever.

If sitting next to a stranger, don't lean to the side when attemping to sleep, cause you just might wake up clinging to their arm.

GommeInc
04-06-2005, 11:30 PM
the mini pringle packets are £1.50 each or summin though some stuff is expensive.. but its normal it happesn in train stations

a shot gun wouldnt get through customs..
Mine did, you disguise it as a baby ;)

ChloeDust
04-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Omg, i remember my 1st flight, i was pooing my pants :( (Not literally lmao) i was so scared, it wasn't too long after september 11th either so i was like dun dun dun dun dun lol anyways:-

-I súcked a sweet when we took off because of the pressure..but my ears still popped and they were sceffy pear drops eugh +o( lol

-Also during take off i clinged onto the chair and was like screaming like a loser...lmao

-I would advice to exercise your legs ever so often to avoid getting clots in your legs (Not common at all don't worry) plus it can make you feel better to get the occasional exercise (They show you a video anyways dont worry)

-Occasional toilet trips are good too..but the ques are a pain in the neck plus when the loo flushes it scares me lmao its like its going to súck up your bum LMAO :\ or thats just me x.x

-I flew in the air early morning the meals they were serving...was breakfast.. it was a frie up..lol i didn't eat much cause it didn't look too appetising plus afterwards gave me awful gas :| lol so i recommend taking your own food lol

-Taking an mp3 player can help as music can carm you down...also watching movies can carm you down too

-Having naps makes you carm down plus it passes time :D

Hope i helped a bit..dnno what else to say lol hope you have a nice holiday anyways :D lol

Mentor
05-06-2005, 12:08 AM
there nothing to it "/ once youve done it yous see its nothing big.
Its also one the safeist mode's of transport, in comaprison to cars one of the most dangeros.

Athogh one tip thats been touched on. food on airoplanes is not ediable to humans :D

Steven.
05-06-2005, 04:27 AM
ahh, i havnt Flown' before so i wouldnt have a clue, i just likesticking to Boat's Train's and car's :)

-Soph-
05-06-2005, 10:30 AM
- Bring some mints, although mints make moi illl :'(

- Don't take those things that are ment to calm your nerves.... they dont work they just make you go to the toilet :P

- Bring something to offput other people from you :p - means that everyone will move away from you and you get all the seats around you to yourself..... you get to chill out and put your feet up

- Wear cool clothes or warm clothes :p - planes can get very cold or very hot.... your choice on which one you pick

- thats all my tips :eusa_eh:

Bef
05-06-2005, 10:36 AM
I love flying! I think im the only person in the world who actually looks forward to aeroplane food ;] Last year we went to Ibiza and my mates mum is petrified of heights and was panicking badly before we got on the plane but by the time we were up in the air she was fine!! Theres some amazing sights to see from an aeroplane but if that doesnt appeal to you, you can easily just shut the blind on the window and get on with reading a book or drawing! And like someone said earlier, flying is the safest transport! I just cant wait till my holiday! Only like 5 weeks. Wooot.

cocaine
05-06-2005, 12:15 PM
You are more likely to get hit by a bus or get struck by lightening that be in a plane crash. I would just bring a good book (No, I'm not a book freak) or bring some music, but bring a walkman as they won't allow anything else.

Mentor
05-06-2005, 12:30 PM
I love flying! I think im the only person in the world who actually looks forward to aeroplane food ;] Last year we went to Ibiza and my mates mum is petrified of heights and was panicking badly before we got on the plane but by the time we were up in the air she was fine!! Theres some amazing sights to see from an aeroplane but if that doesnt appeal to you, you can easily just shut the blind on the window and get on with reading a book or drawing! And like someone said earlier, flying is the safest transport! I just cant wait till my holiday! Only like 5 weeks. Wooot.
i quite like flying? but how you like airoplain food goes way beoned me lol "/

Redmoon Evil
05-06-2005, 02:12 PM
a shotgun would get thru custos if it was made out of paper haha i outsmarted a customs officer

Re-Call
05-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Grrr could they make the seats my comfy? rofl
I fidget alot when sitting for long hours i need to move in my seat and you hardly can't in airplane seats, My god i hate ppl who feel sick and be sick it makes me sick too :(
On the way to florida thy had games on the TV infront of you it was cool Played all the time! and watched the movies <-- Boring :l best bit is! the cabin crew o.o
Lol, I suggest you find a female cabin crew you think looks nice and just stare at her, The time will fly by!

Bef
05-06-2005, 03:19 PM
Aeroplane food rocks!

Re-Call
05-06-2005, 03:26 PM
Aeroplane food rocks!

To right! especially to America and fly with richard branson's airline which migh tbe classed as swearing if i said it :P He has bootay! meals :P

Bef
05-06-2005, 03:32 PM
Mmmmm its like the food they give u in the cells -dreams- Potatoe, bacon and beans... Mmmmm!

Pulchritudinous
06-06-2005, 03:43 PM
i quite like flying? but how you like airoplain food goes way beoned me lol "/

I know, it's disgusting, I was going to mention it until I realised we were meant to be reassuring him, on my last holiday, I was sick just from smelling it, the smell is gross.

cocaine
06-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I know, it's disgusting, I was going to mention it until I realised we were meant to be reassuring him, on my last holiday, I was sick just from smelling it, the smell is gross.

Yeah, me too. It just smelt of really disgusting stuff. I threw up, and then it smelt even worse.

Pulchritudinous
06-06-2005, 04:03 PM
Yeah, me too. It just smelt of really disgusting stuff. I threw up, and then it smelt even worse.

Yay it's normal, after the flight everything seemed to smell disgusting too, there was restaurants and stuff when we got off the plane, and all the smells just made me puke, everyone was staring, and I puked again about 4 times, all I could hear was 'Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww', I just legged it to the toilets before anyone else knew it was me. :P

Magnet
06-06-2005, 08:55 PM
I have flown quite a few times, I don't like it, especially after watching The Day After Tomorrow, but I can be ok.

Heres some tips:
Don't sit next to the window if you feel scared, if you do, shut it. Because looking outside may frighten you.

Bring earmuffs, so that you can protect your ears.

Concentrate on something, such as the radios you get, so that your minds isn't on flying.

Go to sleep if you feel scared, think of something comforting.

Mentor
06-06-2005, 08:58 PM
how would ear muffs protect your eats? its the pressure that cuases the problem "/

All i get from flying is ears going odd, aka you cant hear to well just after, and ears hurt when desending etc. other than that im fine, its never made me feel at all "/

Ranger
06-06-2005, 11:11 PM
I don't fly at all. And in that respect I mean the passenger side.

However I have flown a few aircraft myself, due to my line of work, including a grob tutor ('lil prob job) A Jetstream (small transport) and for a few minutes I got control of a hawk a couple of years ago.

Pulchritudinous
07-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Even if it did help, I wouldn't wear earmuffs, I just think I'd look a fool.

Annihillating
12-06-2005, 12:29 PM
me m8 was on a plane it got struck bi lightenin then crashed in2 another plane e died instantly :( :( :(

cocaine
14-06-2005, 12:20 PM
me m8 was on a plane it got struck bi lightenin then crashed in2 another plane e died instantly :( :( :(

That isn't true. If it was, it would be on the news, plue you're trying to make us feel bad.

It isn't funny to the people that are terrified of flying, especially me.

:Hazel
15-06-2005, 12:23 AM
I personally love flying although i don't eat plane food. I was always told to eat a sweet as you take off as it stops your ears from popping- works for me anyway.

Vicious-Elmo
15-06-2005, 01:22 PM
Uh, Don't be so stupid. Just because I disagreed with something you said once, Isn't a reason to make me feel bad.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!