PDA

View Full Version : Web 2.0 Portfolio & Blog / Wordpress Design

Scania
12-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Hey people.

I've wiped a clean slate and welcomed in 2008 for the best. Im going to be getting into photoshop alot more than what I done, if you remember I done a 'Portfolio Splash Page', I followed a tutorial to that and I've been since getting the hang of tools etc and been following through other tutorials and taking users comments into consideration about not posting work.

However the main aim of this thread is because I'm going to be creating a Portfolio or a Wordpress Design pretty soon, and I would like you to help me put ideas towards it. (Give me suggestions etc).

So if you have any that may be of a help to me, I'd take them in with great appreciation!

Regards,

Hxf Santa
12-01-2008, 01:34 AM
pink&black if you're that type of guy.

if not.

electricgreen&black . :D

d17c
12-01-2008, 03:02 AM
pink&black if you're that type of guy.

if not.

electricgreen&black . :D

Nice choice of colours :)
As you're just starting, remember to keep it simple and clean, don't over complicate things.

Awfy
12-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Sam, have you actually seen how much goes into a Wordpress theme? I'm currently working on one for my dad's car site due to the fact he needed somewhere to provide car updates. It's quite confusing (mostly time consuming) work much like vBulletin, trying to learn what everything does and so on.

I would suggest for going for something pretty basic before going wild. Unlike myself who hits troubles often so had to restart to make it easy on myself :P

Scania
12-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Sam, have you actually seen how much goes into a Wordpress theme? I'm currently working on one for my dad's car site due to the fact he needed somewhere to provide car updates. It's quite confusing (mostly time consuming) work much like vBulletin, trying to learn what everything does and so on.

I would suggest for going for something pretty basic before going wild. Unlike myself who hits troubles often so had to restart to make it easy on myself :P

LOL! - Okay, I'll start simple.. how about a Blog / Portfolio layout?

Liberation
12-01-2008, 12:39 PM
As said on MSN Sam, take a look at other sites, insperation sites where you can gather a few ideas from it. But obviously dont rip it..

www.colourlovers.com - Great site for getting colours that tend to go well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!