jesus
12-01-2008, 01:38 PM
what summoning is

i mean like just tell me in short dont copy and paste somethin off a website

wot is it and what do you do on it and what does it achieve

thanx

JackBuddy
12-01-2008, 01:49 PM
it's a new combat skill which will probs be released next week and in february.

it will raise the max combat level to 138 and is animal- related... that's all i know lol

Rafiki
12-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Well basically, Summoning is going to be a new skill were u can summon monsters :D

And get different ones to help skills !

Also u can also fight with them

jesus
12-01-2008, 01:50 PM
so you just go round killin stuff and your summoning level goes up? or is it done in a different way

@above: how do you summon them? like what happens if you summon something?

Rafiki
12-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Well what u do is cast a spell ! And it will summon and then fight them nd stuff

No 1 nows actually what u do

Also start quest in tavelry for it wen released

Basically ull have a minster following u i think

jesus
12-01-2008, 01:54 PM
is the quest members only?

Rafiki
12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
We are not sure at this moment if it is going to be members only or not

Well i think it is members (:

JackBuddy
12-01-2008, 01:55 PM
summoning will be f2p too

Rafiki
12-01-2008, 01:56 PM
O.O But aint tavelry members only =s

--ss--
12-01-2008, 01:57 PM
summoning is a skill that should be comming out soon. The skill is like magic / hunter , you will be able to 'summon' up monsters like pets to follow you arround / fight etc
The higher the level the better the monster will be :p

jesus
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
i think ive got all i need to know now, thanks people who posted above :)

Rafiki
12-01-2008, 02:07 PM
No problem = ]

Youheard
12-01-2008, 02:11 PM
Sounds much like a 'lock from WoW tbh. Jagex really really must start coming up with their own ideas soon.

micky.blue.eyes
12-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Nobody knows how to train Summoning and what it's going to be like because Jagex hasn't give much information.
All we know is that you can summon creatures (well duh) which will assist you in most (or all) skills. It won't be cheap but not expensive either, but the higher summoning spells will be expensive ofcourse. Training it will be slow, we don't know how slow or how expensive it's really going to be.
Summoning and hunter will be linked like fishing and cooking or smithing and mining.
Every 8 levels you'll gain a combat level.
Summoned monsters will only stay around for a limited time, depending on your summoning level and the monster.
You get dogs at level 1.
In February we get another load of monsters, they're not releasing them all at once to prevent loads of lag.

So basically we know nothing, which is exactly what Jagex wants.

Doesn't take that long to read the development diaries. =/

Sounds much like a 'lock from WoW tbh. Jagex really really must start coming up with their own ideas soon.

Jagex decided to make summoning 3 years ago. ;)

jesus
12-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Nobody knows how to train Summoning and what it's going to be like because Jagex hasn't give much information.
All we know is that you can summon creatures (well duh) which will assist you in most (or all) skills. It won't be cheap but not expensive either, but the higher summoning spells will be expensive ofcourse. Training it will be slow, we don't know how slow or how expensive it's really going to be.
Summoning and hunter will be linked like fishing and cooking or smithing and mining.
Every 8 levels you'll gain a combat level.
Summoned monsters will only stay around for a limited time, depending on your summoning level and the monster.
You get dogs at level 1.
In February we get another load of monsters, they're not releasing them all at once to prevent loads of lag.

So basically we know nothing, which is exactly what Jagex wants.

Doesn't take that long to read the development diaries. =/

Jagex decided to make summoning 3 years ago. ;)so when you summon your little monster thingy, you can fight with it or make it fight other things for you?

micky.blue.eyes
12-01-2008, 02:31 PM
so when you summon your little monster thingy, you can fight with it or make it fight other things for you?

It'll help fight monsters with you and it'll assist you with most (or all) skills. Don't ask me how, Jagex didn't tell us.

Cwmbran
12-01-2008, 02:38 PM
It'll help fight monsters with you and it'll assist you with most (or all) skills. Don't ask me how, Jagex didn't tell us.
Oo that would be cool if your smithing or something get your pet to perhaps go to the bank for you.

jesus
12-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Oo that would be cool if your smithing or something get your pet to perhaps go to the bank for you.haha yer that would be a lot better than goin there back n forward

micky.blue.eyes
12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Yeah, I wonder how they'll assist us. I can only think of banking items and fighting. =/ Maybe a dragon pet will superheat ores for you? Or a monster with a head like an anvil? lol

Conorx0
12-01-2008, 03:01 PM
gnna be a new page like the mage spell books and then u use summoning runes to summon ur monsterrrr

not rly i just made that up

micky.blue.eyes
12-01-2008, 03:11 PM
gnna be a new page like the mage spell books and then u use summoning runes to summon ur monsterrrr

not rly i just made that up

Jagex said that's what they were planning to do but because of the Lunar and Ancient books they made a whole new skill. :P

Youheard
13-01-2008, 12:26 AM
Jagex decided to make summoning 3 years ago. ;)

WoW is older than that Micky.Poo.Eyes.

DJ-Vimto
13-01-2008, 02:56 AM

summoning was first concepted back in the days of RS Classic...reading the development diaries will tell you that much

Grimmauld
13-01-2008, 04:20 AM
it relates to summoning creatures and apparently jagex had thought of this ideas ages ago but they didnt release it and now theyre going to release it and itll change the max combat level from 126 to 138.

micky.blue.eyes
13-01-2008, 09:52 AM
WoW is older than that Micky.Poo.Eyes.

Yes but Jagex isn't releasing it because of the succes of Wow. They've always wanted to something like this but were limited to the technology (or lack of it) when they had RuneScape classic. ;) :P (Still trying to find a name for you lol)

deagle
13-01-2008, 05:01 PM

Mining sure sounds like gathering ore in WoW

DJ-Vimto
13-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Mining sure sounds like gathering ore in WoW

thats because its the same thing :eusa_clap

Poor
13-01-2008, 07:11 PM
Summoning is a disturbance in the force.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!