PDA

View Full Version : If habbo bought back hobba's?

Clasus
12-01-2008, 02:39 PM
If habbo bought back hobba's, would you be tempted to visit, and what kind of impact would it have on habbo?

jesus
12-01-2008, 02:43 PM
a negative one coz peeps would abuse their powers agen and ban everyone they dont like

habbo is totally crap now compared to how it used to be

$$
12-01-2008, 02:52 PM
if they bought back old hobbas then yes.
but i don't want annoying immature people running around habbo thinking they rule the place.

Gangster
12-01-2008, 03:05 PM
i think that they should bring back hobbas. Don't even know why they took hobba's away in the first place.

Clasus
12-01-2008, 03:16 PM
The old days when Dollyeyes used to own the hobba drop in, i loved it.

Purposeless2
12-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Why would habbo buy hobbas :S

Clasus
12-01-2008, 03:39 PM
if they where brought back my bad

CHA!NGANG
12-01-2008, 03:47 PM
It would only work if they brought back the old hobbas, and most of them have either left habbo or have become Moderators so That wouldn't work. Also, why would they give up being payed to be Mods to become Hobbas, when they are the same thing and mods get paid. They took them away because they employed moderators as the hotel was expanding, and as I said most these Hobbas were offered jobs as moderators.

Kardan
12-01-2008, 03:55 PM
It would only work if they brought back the old hobbas, and most of them have either left habbo or have become Moderators so That wouldn't work. Also, why would they give up being payed to be Mods to become Hobbas, when they are the same thing and mods get paid. They took them away because they employed moderators as the hotel was expanding, and as I said most these Hobbas were offered jobs as moderators.

Hobbas wern't took away because the hotel was expanding, when Hobbas were around they already had numerous MODs. They were taken away for 'security reasons', but I think in the year leading up to them being away many of the passwords to the Hobba accounts were found out which lead to a lot of unfair bans etc. In my opinion, that's why they were moved, but it was for 'security reasons' not for expansion of the hotel.

mat64
12-01-2008, 04:00 PM
If your getting paid for it your more likely to do a good job with it, as you have got something to lose if you screw up. Having volunteer moderators doesn't really work, especially when you are giving access to people you have never met and therefore you have no idea about trust and such. Volunteer moderation may work well for small establishments, but not professional companies.

Clasus
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
They tried to replace Hobba's with Habbo X's in some ways, and in my opinion, it never worked.

msb.
12-01-2008, 04:08 PM
HAVE BOTH, CASE SOLVED

Kardan
12-01-2008, 04:12 PM
They tried to replace Hobba's with Habbo X's in some ways, and in my opinion, it never worked.

eXperts were never intended to replace Hobbas. The eXpert program was made before the Hobba program ever ended, I think it was September 2005 when it started in Sweden, or somewhere around then? And it was announced in early November when Hobbas were scrapped world wide and then UK eXperts were announced mid November 05.
Experts have different roles to Hobbas, Hobbas were to assist moderators by taking care of minor offenses such as mild swearing, blocking etc which can now be replaced with the 'Shut Up' function. eXperts are there to help new Habbos, show them how to make rooms, use furniture, play games and help with computer related problems.
If experts were to replace Hobbas, we'd have tools in public rooms to mute etc like Hobbas did, but this isn't the case as we're not Hobbas. Plus, if eXperts were intended to replace Hobbas, why did they get rid of Hobbas? Why not just change them to eXperts? At least they knew they could trust the current Hobbas instead of opening apps to find a different bunch of people to become experts :)

Fart
12-01-2008, 04:18 PM
hobba's was proper sweet, Denzel & CalvinR where the best hobba's , id love them to come back

Clasus
12-01-2008, 04:22 PM
If experts were to replace Hobbas, we'd have tools in public rooms to mute etc like Hobbas did.
Umm, if im not mistaken, Your head X's used to have mute and kick in public rooms, or welcome lounge.

Kardan
12-01-2008, 04:24 PM
If experts were to replace Hobbas, we'd have tools in public rooms to mute etc like Hobbas did.
Umm, if im not mistaken, Your head X's used to have mute and kick in public rooms, or welcome lounge.

And that was scrapped very quickly :)

:Act
12-01-2008, 04:30 PM
I know it was for 'security reasons' that Hobba's were scrapped, however, i think in the few years since they've gone, password security and general computer security have improved greatly. As long as you have a difficult password, and a good anti-virus, and don't download anything you can't trust, then you have a pretty good chance of not being hacked, so i think the Hobba programme hypothetically could be brought back, but with the same vetting process as before [over 18 yrs old, have to physically meet staff, long application process etc]. Hobbas also had more interaction with Habbos, so i think it brought the community together a bit then. Then again, i guess the Habbo X's have taken over most of those kinds of responsibilities :)
However, i can totally understand the unwillingness of Staff to bring them back. If an account was hacked or anything, then it could be a bit of a nightmare to sort out.
Then again, lots of MODs were hacked on .com if i remember correctly? And not too long ago.. who's to say MODs have better security?

Kardan
12-01-2008, 04:34 PM
I know it was for 'security reasons' that Hobba's were scrapped, however, i think in the few years since they've gone, password security and general computer security have improved greatly. As long as you have a difficult password, and a good anti-virus, and don't download anything you can't trust, then you have a pretty good chance of not being hacked, so i think the Hobba programme hypothetically could be brought back, but with the same vetting process as before [over 18 yrs old, have to physically meet staff, long application process etc].
However, i can totally understand the unwillingness of Staff to bring them back. If an account was hacked or anything, then it could be a bit of a nightmare to sort out.
Then again, lots of MODs were hacked on .com if i remember correctly? And not too long ago.. who's to say MODs have better security?

As far as I'm aware Hobbas didn't have to physically meet staff, they only had to provide proof such as a passport. If this were the case, then what about people that wanted to apply for the Hobba position that didn't live in the UK? And the 'hacking' of the MODs was due to the program or javascript or whatever that overtook the Habbo window.
Plus if MODs get hacked too many times then I'm sure Sulake can dismiss them, Hobbas however don't get any income or employment from it, so MODs have a reason to keep their accounts secure.

JackBuddy
12-01-2008, 04:39 PM
If Hobbas were reinstated then unfortunately, X's would get priority.

CHA!NGANG
12-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Ahh, So it was for security reasons, K :) I guess the real point is that they will never bring them back. I remember asking a staff a few months back and they said they will never be brought back.

WarezKid
12-01-2008, 04:51 PM
If your getting paid for it your more likely to do a good job with it, as you have got something to lose if you screw up. Having volunteer moderators doesn't really work, especially when you are giving access to people you have never met and therefore you have no idea about trust and such. Volunteer moderation may work well for small establishments, but not professional companies.

Argeed !

Virgin Mary
12-01-2008, 04:59 PM
Hobbas have to be 18+, which the majority of Xs are not. If an X who was 18+ were to apply I'm sure it would benefit them though. I would like for them to bring hobbas back though, the way they've made the CFH only for serious offences etc. is obviously because one MOD- can't deal with the workload.

Kardan
12-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Hobbas have to be 18+, which the majority of Xs are not. If an X who was 18+ were to apply I'm sure it would benefit them though. I would like for them to bring hobbas back though, the way they've made the CFH only for serious offences etc. is obviously because one MOD- can't deal with the workload.

Which is why since Hobbas were removed there is usually more than one MOD on at peak times now :)

Frisky
12-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Good thing about Hobbas was there was someone to look up to, you could have a favourite, visit their rooms, there were more events and it was fair. :)

Elkaa
12-01-2008, 06:23 PM
Being an ex-hobba from back in 2004, I can tell you that the system wasn't as amazing as some people seem to think. It was alot of work, with little praise and no pay. The application process in itself wasn't fun at all, especially in the rein of Glitterkat. Getting through the first application process (sending your application, then getting a reply) was the easiest thing, and that sometimes took upto 8/9 months. After that, it included a formal webcam chat to Becs (with microphone), followed by a telephone call to the offices with Glitterkat, followed by a non-legally binding contract being signed by yourself, and Glitterkat.

All in all, after getting through the first application part, it took another 2, maybe 3 months before you received your welcome email, telling you who your mentor was and about the details. It then sometimes took another month before you even got your badge.

From first application, to silver badge, took me 1 year 1 month. I quit the team before hitting gold badge, as it was alot different to what I expected, especially back then. (Hobba's at the end of 2005, once the system ended, were also advise not to apply for Habbo-X, but to wait for Safety-X as it would be more of a Hobba role. I hardly see that now.)

Edit: Infact, just looked through my stuff, I still have the badges, stickers and my half of the contract that they sent me. ("Habbo.com" - Before there was a Habbo USA. Good old days)

Favourtism
12-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Being an ex-hobba from back in 2004, I can tell you that the system wasn't as amazing as some people seem to think. It was alot of work, with little praise and no pay. The application process in itself wasn't fun at all, especially in the rein of Glitterkat. Getting through the first application process (sending your application, then getting a reply) was the easiest thing, and that sometimes took upto 8/9 months. After that, it included a formal webcam chat to Becs (with microphone), followed by a telephone call to the offices with Glitterkat, followed by a non-legally binding contract being signed by yourself, and Glitterkat.

All in all, after getting through the first application part, it took another 2, maybe 3 months before you received your welcome email, telling you who your mentor was and about the details. It then sometimes took another month before you even got your badge.

From first application, to silver badge, took me 1 year 1 month. I quit the team before hitting gold badge, as it was alot different to what I expected, especially back then. (Hobba's at the end of 2005, once the system ended, were also advise not to apply for Habbo-X, but to wait for Safety-X as it would be more of a Hobba role. I hardly see that now.)

Edit: Infact, just looked through my stuff, I still have the badges, stickers and my half of the contract that they sent me. ("Habbo.com" - Before there was a Habbo USA. Good old days)
WOW interesting stuff :D

Take some pictures

Elkaa
12-01-2008, 06:43 PM
I'd hazard a guess at saying I'm not allowed to take pictures of a contract, and post them online. Lets not go down that route. ;)

Favourtism
12-01-2008, 06:56 PM
I'd hazard a guess at saying I'm not allowed to take pictures of a contract, and post them online. Lets not go down that route. ;)
rofl of course. I meant the badges etc ;)

Shawnstra
12-01-2008, 11:30 PM
They should bring back Hobbas, but to only trustworthy people. The hotel is getting so many blockers/spammers nowadays it can help tremendously by bringing in Hobbas. They should have like the power to mute, send alerts, pass through room limit, but must be permed if they abuse the powers.

GommeInc
12-01-2008, 11:48 PM
Or only have Moderators but they should walk around rooms and check on things. Although that may mean you get banned for no reason.

Immenseman
12-01-2008, 11:53 PM
If they did I don't think it would be a great idea for current Habbos to become Hobbas because they may have fallen out with people in the past and could treat them different to someone they regard as a friend. It would cause too many arguements in my opinion and it's just not worth it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!