PDA

View Full Version : [KP] Version 1 Previews.

Agnostic Bear
12-01-2008, 06:02 PM
I have been busy working for the past few days on the old source I made a while back and have finally come up with some working stuff (alpha type code) when the backend is running I'll get some features slapped in and you can go and check it out.

Also, there is a pic of the design in the preview folder (with some more images) which you can see here: http://techtuts.com/~enumeric/kp

Go check it out, also C&C about the design:
http://techtuts.com/~enumeric/kp/main_design.png

Forge
12-01-2008, 06:04 PM
Clean and simple design. I like it :P

RedCrisps
12-01-2008, 06:10 PM
;o not saying your ripping or nufin but that looks like the old habbohome.net staff panel LOL. buh i can tell its not ripped because i just can ;]]

blanky12!
12-01-2008, 06:11 PM
techtuts is down??

Forge
12-01-2008, 06:16 PM
techtuts is down??

They are having DNS issues

php.net
12-01-2008, 06:17 PM
What happened to the one you made before?

RedCrisps
12-01-2008, 06:19 PM
What happened to the one you made before?
if your on about rc2 it was released AGES ago

Blob
12-01-2008, 07:49 PM
There was also 2 designs (RC3 and I dunno the otherone) which I will send a screenshot to if you want.

DarrenToogood
12-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Umm I am not keen on the design. I think its a little old school, however you should use the same layout of page just bring it up to date :)

Blob
12-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Umm I am not keen on the design. I think its a little old school, however you should use the same layout of page just bring it up to date :)

Its a DJ Panel?

DarrenToogood
12-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Still, more people will want to use it if the design is more attractive and up to date.

Would you use windows if it looked like that, or your washing machine xD!?

php.net
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
if your on about rc2 it was released AGES ago

No, I'm on about an old design. (Ryan I think that was the one.)

Forge
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Darren. A Dj panel doesnt need a full on design. It needs to load fast so it would use as little images as possible.

Blob
12-01-2008, 07:57 PM
You insulting my washing machine?

Ill insult your signature:

Your sig is like brown, which is like the colour of poo, just like the whole sig is, it has a brown background and a grass brush, with a font with the first letter a different colour. WOW, yes, professional. Learn the word, please.

Anyway, its a DJ Panel, why make it look nice when you're only using it for the functions? Its like your portfolio, why are we viewing it? Its like poo coloured.

Agnostic Bear
13-01-2008, 02:54 AM
;o not saying your ripping or nufin but that looks like the old habbohome.net staff panel LOL. buh i can tell its not ripped because i just can ;]]

lolling status: not

Darren. A Dj panel doesnt need a full on design. It needs to load fast so it would use as little images as possible.

Correct, which is why my panel uses 1 image (2 if you count the little arrow next to "Home Links") the other arrows are html (→)

Still, more people will want to use it if the design is more attractive and up to date.

To answer your statement and question in order:
More people do want to use it if it is "attractive" yes, but when they're bugging about on the request line and they don't get their requests as soon as they click the damn button, who do they come to? Me. And I'm not having that so I'm using 1/(2) images.

Also to answer your question, yes I would use Windows if it looked like that, only a little thinner.

VistaBoy
13-01-2008, 03:08 AM
hmmm i do not see the image and that link dose not load?

RedCrisps
13-01-2008, 09:07 AM

most people who own habbo fansites change the designs anyway. and i don't think theres anything wrong with blobs washing machine

Many Thanks x]

Agnostic Bear
13-01-2008, 11:11 AM

most people who own habbo fansites change the designs anyway. and i don't think theres anything wrong with blobs washing machine

Many Thanks x]

I've made a stupidly basic template engine so people can just change it without buggering about with the internals.

Lilian
13-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Love the layout :p

craigg.
13-01-2008, 12:56 PM
I like the simplicity of the layout but I dont like the title being inside that block it makes the layout look too linear.

Good luck.

Agnostic Bear
14-01-2008, 04:11 PM
I like the simplicity of the layout but I dont like the title being inside that block it makes the layout look too linear.

Good luck.

Y know there's not really much you can do with a dj panel design without lacking functionality in some way / making it too complex, but i'm always open to ideas.

craigg.
14-01-2008, 06:52 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't disagree with you there. All I was really suggesting is possibly make a free-standing logo (not inside the box). At the moment it just looks like it is wasting space.

Y know there's not really much you can do with a dj panel design without lacking functionality in some way / making it too complex, but i'm always open to ideas.

Agnostic Bear
15-01-2008, 03:42 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't disagree with you there. All I was really suggesting is possibly make a free-standing logo (not inside the box). At the moment it just looks like it is wasting space.

I'm thinking that I could put some kind of user info there, like new pm's or something, like vb does on it's little top boxkind of thingy.

Blob
15-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Looks very good on VNC dan =D

Ini
15-01-2008, 08:47 PM
Link dont work

Agnostic Bear
15-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Link dont work

You have one bad ISP then, DNS servers should have updated by now, or just use www.opendns.org

Blob
16-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Link works for me. Live preview is nice aswell.

Zaub
17-01-2008, 05:02 AM
Looks like a pretty good design, but remember, it's more about what it can do and the security.

I'm sure it'll turn out well!

Agnostic Bear
17-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Looks like a pretty good design, but remember, it's more about what it can do and the security.

I'm sure it'll turn out well!

function clean_string( $string )
{
$string = htmlspecialchars( $string, ENT_QUOTES );

if( get_magic_quotes_gpc() )
{
$string = stripslashes( $string );
}
$string = mysql_real_escape_string( $string );

$string = preg_replace( "/(include|require|require_once|include_once|exec|ws cript\.shell)/i", "", $string );

$words = array( "/javascript/i",
"/onclick/i",
"/onload/i",
"/onsubmit/i",
"/onkeydown/i",
"/onmouseup/i",
"/onmousedown/i",
"/onkeyup/i",
"/onchange/i",
"/document/i",
"/script/i"
);

// 097 = a, 111 = o, 115 = s, 100 = d - \o/
$replace = array( "javascript",
"onclick",
"onload",
"onsubmit",
"onkeydown",
"onmouseup",
"onmousedown",
"onkeyup",
"onchange",
"document",
"script"
);

$string = preg_replace( $words, $replace, $string );
return $string;
}

How's that for ya.

QuickScriptz
17-01-2008, 10:23 PM
How's that for ya.

Oh lovely Dan, you have fun with that ;)

Agnostic Bear
18-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh lovely Dan, you have fun with that ;)

Oh ha ha :P I will! It's still not finished though, gonna add a few more bits to it.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!