PDA

View Full Version : Testing Phones?

tdi
15-01-2008, 01:41 PM
How do you become a tester for phones? I quite like the idea of recieving a free phone for writing a review. :P

Hitman
15-01-2008, 02:22 PM
How do you become a tester for phones? I quite like the idea of recieving a free phone for writing a review. :PHm not quite sure, try Google if you haven't already.

I'd like to be a game tester. Saw it somewhere, you get the games before anybody else, get paid to play them and sometimes get free copies! :D

mangle
15-01-2008, 07:35 PM
Hm not quite sure, try Google if you haven't already.

I'd like to be a game tester. Saw it somewhere, you get the games before anybody else, get paid to play them and sometimes get free copies! :D
One of THE most dissapointing jobs in the world apprently. You have to take EVERY route possible in the game and have mass amounts of patience , note every bug/glitch down and tbh i'd get sick of games!

Being a games journalist wouldn't be bad!

Metric.
15-01-2008, 11:53 PM
I hate switching phones, so that wouldn't be a good job for me.

lew!
15-01-2008, 11:57 PM
If your a game tester, you dont play the game.. You play one little section of a level over and over and over again so you go everywhere and do everything.. first i thought you would just keep playing the game.. but then i found out you play one tiny bit of the level over and over again.. Its on youtube somewhere from the gadget show i think

And phone tester sounds good.. unless it messes up your sim card lol

Hitman
15-01-2008, 11:57 PM
One of THE most dissapointing jobs in the world apprently. You have to take EVERY route possible in the game and have mass amounts of patience , note every bug/glitch down and tbh i'd get sick of games!

Being a games journalist wouldn't be bad!:O You'd think it'd be a good job, but then I suppose you'd get bored of it...

But if you're a game-a-holic then maybe it'd be a good job. :P

benjamin
16-01-2008, 12:00 AM
If your a game tester, you dont play the game.. You play one little section of a level over and over and over again so you go everywhere and do everything.. first i thought you would just keep playing the game.. but then i found out you play one tiny bit of the level over and over again.. Its on youtube somewhere from the gadget show i think

And phone tester sounds good.. unless it messes up your sim card lol
errrrrrrrr no that aint true
my mate was a games tester for his work experience and basically he just played on the games 24/7

lew!
16-01-2008, 12:09 AM
It is true, It was on the gadget show. Its probberly different for work exp.. But i know that they just sit there assigned a part of a level to just go over and over trying to find the bugs in the game.

Edit: Taken from wikipedia

This type of "playing" is tedious and grueling. Usually an unfinished game is not "fun" to play, especially over and over. A tester may play the same game — or even the same level in a game — over and over for eight hours or more at a time. If testing feature fixes, the tester may have to repeat a large number of sequences just to get to one spot in the game.

Hitman
16-01-2008, 12:28 AM
It is true, It was on the gadget show. Its probberly different for work exp.. But i know that they just sit there assigned a part of a level to just go over and over trying to find the bugs in the game.

Edit: Taken from wikipedia

Wow that sounds like a drag eh. I wouldn't like doing the same level for 8 hours. :(

beau03
16-01-2008, 02:48 AM
Wow that sounds like a drag eh. I wouldn't like doing the same level for 8 hours. :(

lmao, I couldn't do a level or a game for over 2 hours mind the 8 hours!

lew!
16-01-2008, 07:20 AM
Nor me.. I suppose its more work. Lol i would just hope i got the easy levels :P
But yeah i thought you could just play the game all thr way through.. like all the other people because your not going to take the same route.. but it must be annoying and boring after a while playing just the same thing

Hitman
16-01-2008, 09:02 AM
lmao, I couldn't do a level or a game for over 2 hours mind the 8 hours!
True I wouldn't even manage over an hour, on the same level. You'd never want to play the game again... well, that certain level anyway. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!