PDA

View Full Version : Now I'm getting ******.

Invent
17-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Ok, now I'm getting pretty ****** off with Habbcrazy.net

http://habbcrazy.net/profilefiles/

That looks very similar to ANOTHER design by me :\

Edited by H0BJ0B (Forum Moderator): Thread Closed.

RangeHost
17-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Rippers do BEEP me off sometimes.

Is there no website/agency that you can report illegal activity like this too?

L!nK..
17-01-2008, 09:56 PM
lmao...

Edited by H0BJ0B (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Forge
17-01-2008, 09:56 PM
© 2006 - 2008 HabbCrazy Profiles were created for HabbCrazy and is copyright to HabbCrazy.Net

BULL BULL BULL

EDIT

We welcome ****, our newest member!
I love the person who did that x]

Sorry, just had to make a little adjustment there - 01101101entor

MrCraig
17-01-2008, 10:05 PM
ROFL.

Gotta admit, i would of let them away with 1st one, but doing twice is just chancing it.

QuickScriptz
17-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Ok, now I'm getting pretty ****** off with Habbcrazy.net

http://habbcrazy.net/profilefiles/

That looks very similar to ANOTHER design by me :\

Yes that's true, but if you look at the actual Habbo sites I see some similarities also..... Anyway....

Nope. You generally have to just report it to their host or if their host won't do anything you go to the hosts datacentre.

Moh
17-01-2008, 11:31 PM
The only thing which is simular is the way the banner is, and how the buttons are places. Its not exactly "Your Design".

cunning
18-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Lol, it was only released this week? That's crazy...

Awfy
18-01-2008, 05:45 AM
Rippers do BEEP me off sometimes.

The DMCA always come in handy at this point. Although you will most likely not have the time to go through everything with them :P

Moh
18-01-2008, 07:41 AM
When the profiles layout was made, we tried it in different positions, but when they were on the site, they looked crap. So what was we going to do? Have it in a different position which looks crap? Or have it in a position which looks ok?

Also, the profiles skin was based on HabbCrazy's home page layout, so it not based on yours (Not like we would want yours anyways).
Do you realy think the DMCA will take action because it "looks" like it? I don't think so.

So in the end... ITS A BLOODY HABBO FANSITE!

RedCrisps
18-01-2008, 08:30 AM
does look simular but it isn't ripped ;]

[Oli]
18-01-2008, 03:53 PM
does look simular but it isn't ripped ;]

I don't think thats what he's saying, he's just saying habbocrazy's main site and profiles pages are (VERY) inspired on habbolake's ones.

Aflux
18-01-2008, 04:00 PM
Well, what do you know - it looks like Habbo.

On closer inspection, I agree with you.

[Oli]
18-01-2008, 04:41 PM
Well, what do you know - it looks like Habbo.

On closer inspection, I agree with you.

Yeah well it all is habbo related in the end, but still, look at where buttons are,
which box is where and contains what content & how they display it

then check it on habbolake's. Habbocrazy should atleast admit they inspired themselves on habbolake.

myke
18-01-2008, 04:45 PM
I wouldn't say it's ripped, but you've inspired them perhaps or maybe you had the same ideas, be flattered. Not angry.

Decode
18-01-2008, 04:52 PM
The menu on there main site looks like the one from your site aswel :(

Invent
18-01-2008, 05:00 PM
The menu on there main site looks like the one from your site aswel

Exactly why I'm a bit annoyed as they claim they came up with the design theirselves :\

L!nK..
18-01-2008, 05:23 PM
When the profiles layout was made, we tried it in different positions, but when they were on the site, they looked crap. So what was we going to do? Have it in a different position which looks crap? Or have it in a position which looks ok?

Also, the profiles skin was based on HabbCrazy's home page layout, so it not based on yours (Not like we would want yours anyways).
Do you realy think the DMCA will take action because it "looks" like it? I don't think so.

So in the end... ITS A BLOODY HABBO FANSITE!

True.. brb

I'm just editing some stuff from your layout, its only a bloody habbo fansite after all isn't it?

Moh
18-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Exactly why I'm a bit annoyed as they claim they came up with the design theirselves :\
We didn't say we came up with the design, neather did we say the idea was yours. Look at Club Habbos navigation for example, nearly every fansite has it.

The navigation isn't realy a "Design" its just a rectangle.

But this thread topic is about the profiles not the site right?
And isn't there already a thread on the site?

Zak
18-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Its actually sad that people make habbo fan sites lol

Falcon
18-01-2008, 05:30 PM
pmsl..
everyone getting messed up over a few graphics that look the same.

Invent
18-01-2008, 05:31 PM

I do actually agree in a way with you there ;p

Cixso
18-01-2008, 05:32 PM
This thread is for publicity, a vague attack on another website.

Invent, try to contact them next time?

You can't just bust in to the data center/host and say they ripped my layout. You'll need proof, not a template looks similar, it needs to look the exact same in terms of images. Not gradients... :S THEN you'll need proof you are the owner? o.O

Reality states there is over a billion template layouts/designs and the chances of a couple looking the same is reasonably high.

I could make a design similar to yours, without the actual images but just the divs, etc etc and make ti all from scratch and just basically "copy" where you put them, doesn't mean I ripped?

L!nK..
18-01-2008, 05:32 PM

You can talk because you visit habbo, makes no difference if you got one or you go on habbo

lol

myke
18-01-2008, 05:33 PM
I do actually agree in a way with you there ;p

Uh, whats this website about then...

Habbo much? :S

You confuse me, you really do.

Moh
18-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I don't understand why people make websites and have a fit if some one rips there layout (Even though I havent ripped it anyways)

Invent
18-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Yes I run a Habbo Fansite and I admit it's quite sad, lol.

You can't just bust in to the data center/host and say they ripped my layout. You'll need proof, not a template looks similar, it needs to look the exact same in terms of images. Not gradients... THEN you'll need proof you are the owner? o.O

I never said they "ripped" it.

[Oli]
18-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I don't understand why people make websites and have a fit if some one rips there layout (Even though I havent ripped it anyways)
Oh dear god, can you guys please stop with the:
"It's just a habbo fansite", What does that even matter ?

Simon spent his time & skills into designing a design for it.
He didn't even say you guys -ripped- it,..
And becouse you designed something which you think looked bad, doesn't mean you can use the same style someone else has already used and claim you came up with it, or just admit you were inspired by habbolake's homes page.

Please admit you were inspired by it.

Moh
18-01-2008, 05:42 PM
;4367413']Oh dear god, can you guys please stop with the:
"It's just a habbo fansite", What does that even matter ?

Simon spent his time & skills into designing a design for it.
He didn't even say you guys -ripped- it,..
And becouse you designed something which you think looked bad, doesn't mean you can use the same style someone else has already used and claim you came up with it, or just admit you were inspired by habbolake's homes page.

Please admit you were inspired by it.
Erm, I have already admited that simons layout inspired me, why are you getting me to say it again? Use the "Search tool".

Cixso
18-01-2008, 05:46 PM
So the whole point of thid thread Invent is too what?

Just warn people another website looks like yours? Lol...

No seriously, what do you hope to achieve from this thread?

[Oli]
18-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Erm, I have already admited that simons layout inspired me, why are you getting me to say it again? Use the "Search tool".

I didn't know that so for that I am sorry.

Florx
18-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Why did you create a spam thread named story no.2 ?

Invent
18-01-2008, 05:49 PM
What did you hope to achieve from your thread? To make people find you funny or to be a *Text Removed*

The point of this thread is to ask Jack to maybe come up with his own designs rather than use me for major inspiration and not even comment about it on his layout which I would do if it was the other way around. It's flattering that he uses me for inspiration but I think he could also use his own mind a little bit on his designs rather than just copy me.

Theres a PM system, USE IT rather then gather attention?

You can talk, making a stupid thread trying to what? Oh yeah...gain attention..

Edited by mat64 (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't use inappropriate language or be rude to other forum members

Invent
19-01-2008, 03:18 AM
Thought I'd use this thread as it's easier.

Jack, could you please not use my coding on http://habbcrazy.net/dnd/. I don't even know why you'd want to use my coding, it sucks :P

Oh and could you please remove my images/stop hotlinking me (:

Also, isn't it weird how I have loads of refferals from habbcrazy.net/profilefiles/(index.php) and file://C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jack\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\FrontPageTempDir\\pvw9.htm :o

MrPinkPanther
19-01-2008, 09:02 AM
Simon stop over reacting, this could have been sorted out via a simple private message, you could have explained to him that its your design and you want him to remove it. To me it seems like you're just looking for attention.

Awfy
19-01-2008, 10:14 AM
Nah, Jack deserves this. I totally agree with Simon to post a thread as he deserves to be pointed out. That site has stolen tonnes of work from Simon, be it designs or coding. The fact they are official just makes them more vunrable. As Habbo don't take lightly to Habbo sites stealing other people's work.

lolwut
19-01-2008, 10:22 AM
Hm, how come whenever anyone else reports any infringment, you're all "It happens all the time."... But, when it happens to you, you start acting like a proper 3 year old.
Go file a DMCA or cry to mummy.

Awfy
19-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Hm, how come whenever anyone else reports any infringment, you're all "It happens all the time."... But, when it happens to you, you start acting like a proper 3 year old.
Go file a DMCA or cry to mummy.
I've never agreed with ripping on this or any other forum. So can count me out of that.

lolwut
19-01-2008, 10:27 AM
I've never agreed with ripping on this or any other forum. So can count me out of that.
That's true. It's only really Invent, like agesss ago when some dude ripped off mine and Oojamaflip's HSP, Invent was all like "Happens all the time, just ignore it." (I'm searching for the thread)
I mean I'll grant to him that there's a line between a layout and a script, but all the same.
And the fact that he goes and starts getting mad when it happens to him just ticks me off.
EDIT: Got it; http://habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4125714&postcount=5

DuxRawr
19-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Thought I'd use this thread as it's easier.

Jack, could you please not use my coding on http://habbcrazy.net/dnd/. I don't even know why you'd want to use my coding, it sucks :P

Oh and could you please remove my images/stop hotlinking me (:

Also, isn't it weird how I have loads of refferals from habbcrazy.net/profilefiles/(index.php) and file://C:\\Documents and Settings\\Jack\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files\\FrontPageTempDir\\pvw9.htm :o

Thats not your coding ! unless your Razor of Techtuts.com that aint you coding

Awfy
19-01-2008, 11:58 AM
No it's the fact Jack keeps on stealing from Simon. On countless occassions Jack has stolen from him then posted directly onto this forum. It's obvious Habbcrazy is a crap site with awful staff who haven't got a brain cell between them.

Edited by Aflux [Forum Moderator] - Please don't accuse other forum members of stealing or any other bad things.

Moh
19-01-2008, 12:15 PM
I find it funny how its only Simon and Awfy who thinks i have ripped. And its even more funny how you both are something to do with HabboLake & TheHabbo.

Also Simon, nothing is hotlinked to your site, and the Drag and Drop script is from Tech Tuts... I don't think thats yours, also who do you think you are going through our directorys?

Also, what page did you say there was pages which had temp files from my laptop on?

Blob
19-01-2008, 12:20 PM
I find it funny how its only Simon and Awfy who thinks i have ripped. And its even more funny how you both are something to do with HabboLake & TheHabbo.

Also Simon, nothing is hotlinked to your site, and the Drag and Drop script is from Tech Tuts... I don't think thats yours, also who do you think you are going through our directorys?

Also, what page did you say there was pages which had temp files from my laptop on?

Just to note, if the directories are left unprotected, unless, said so on the main website, or in the Terms and Conditions of viewing the website, that you can't view the directories, they can be viewed freely.

Moh
19-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Just to note, if the directories are left unprotected, unless, said so on the main website, or in the Terms and Conditions of viewing the website, that you can't view the directories, they can be viewed freely.
Still, he thinks he has the right to do what he likes, but if some one did it to him, he would just think its an outrage.

Forge
19-01-2008, 12:31 PM
At the end of the day you have released a profile system just like simons (No problem with that) but adding a very similar design to it.. it does bring up suspisions..

Moh
19-01-2008, 12:34 PM
At the end of the day you have released a profile system just like simons (No problem with that) but adding a very similar design to it.. it does bring up suspisions..
The design of the profile system is based on the main sites layout.

Also, I would find it very hard to rip simons layouts since there site goes down every day.

[Oli]
19-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Oh my god.
I don't get how you can still try and defend it, I mean common, look at ur site then simon's both main+profiles

They're practicly the same :| appart from different header images & minor details :|

Moh
19-01-2008, 12:55 PM
Yes, it looks simular, but is not the same. Therefore, IT IS NOT A RIP!

Forge
19-01-2008, 01:01 PM
So say if jaguar took a ford design. but changed the headlights.
That wouldnt be classed as a rip?

Moh
19-01-2008, 01:03 PM
So say if jaguar took a ford design. but changed the headlights.
That wouldnt be classed as a rip?
Were talking about Habbo Fansites... not cars.

Forge
19-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Dont get cocky. Its basically what you said. Your design looks the just like it. But its not the same...of course it isnt the same as you have changed a few colours and edited the header abit.

Awfy
19-01-2008, 01:05 PM
Were talking about Habbo Fansites... not cars.
You ripped face it. No one cares for your crappy little website which is only official as it's for the hotel which allows any old fansite become official..

Now please stop stealing/ripping and get some talent.

Forge
19-01-2008, 01:06 PM
Off topic: Awfy does devode work for you?

Moh
19-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Dont get cocky. Its basically what you said. Your design looks the just like it. But its not the same...of course it isnt the same as you have changed a few colours and edited the header abit.
Sucking up to simon wont get you a free copy of LakeHouse btw.

Like I said in my other post its a HABBO fansite.

Awfy
19-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Sucking up to simon wont get you a free copy of LakeHouse btw.

Like I said in my other post its a HABBO fansite.
God, you're so stupid. Simon doesn't give out free copies of his Homes script due to the fact it would then make the entire system very common. He's not sucking up anyway since he's speaking the truth...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!