PDA

View Full Version : nw gta iv release date ?????

BowTies1
19-01-2008, 06:20 PM
well in the new argos book it says available 7th of march :)

Breakfloor
19-01-2008, 06:37 PM
nope, always been 7th of march.

BowTies1
19-01-2008, 08:41 PM
but in game and stores like that it says 1st of april

Jamesy
19-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm just hoping with all the new features it hasn't lost the GTA charm...

Neil
19-01-2008, 11:23 PM
I'm just hoping with all the new features it hasn't lost the GTA charm...

I don't think it will, with SA they tried to hit a bit more into realism and it worked quite well, I know alot of people didn't like it because it was to much like an RPG with all the stat type things and weapon leveling but I think GTA4 will turn out alot better

myke
19-01-2008, 11:25 PM
ooo... what new features and yeah I realised this too.

Neil
19-01-2008, 11:33 PM
ooo... what new features and yeah I realised this too.

Loads of stuff, I really can't be bothered to list them all but if you search GTA4 you can find a thread with loads of info I've posted about it but some that I can remember atm

- Mobile phone where most of your options are I suppose, you can call people and start the mission via phone intead of travelling across the whole city to see them in person

- Taxis you can pay to be driven by taxi, you can pay extra for them to drive faster

- Shooting is over the shoulder (like resident evil)

- Police are smart

- Gun concealment is nessercary, this means no more walking down the street past like 15 cops while carrying an assult rifle, rocket launcher and sniper rifle, you can store the guns in the trunk of your can (I would also assume this might give you the ability to buy cars)

- Pedestrians are more dynamic, they do different things like talk on the phone, read papers, cough, sneeze, talk to each other and other stuff, it's meant to be almost impossible to see the same person twice now

And that's all I can remember at the moment xD

Shoovers
20-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Taken from gta4.tv

Some more;

Bums can be seen warming their hands in a burning trashcan in an alleyway. Hot Dog Venders scream for people to buy their wieners.
You can be mugged by other criminals
You can bribe characters.
Cops will sport more than just the nightstick and Colt 45.
They are more intelligent when it comes to spotting a stolen car. Your broken window will give it away
Committing crimes isn't as easy in GTA IV. You gain a wanted level for every crime you commit, as long as there are witnesses present.
There are 6 levels to the wanted level.
Cops now can crouch to improve their accuracy for the long-range shot at youhttp://www.gta4.tv/page/12/the-gameplay/

Ashley 12344
20-01-2008, 09:53 PM
I actually can't wait for this game.
I though SA was brilliant. The length of it, as well as some of the other features gave it more of a boost than losing some of its GTA'ness from others.

Dan
21-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Ooh ;o i thought it was april but yay even better :D

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 09:14 PM
wow i cant wait

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!