PDA

View Full Version : Devode

Invent
19-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Hi,

My new web development forum Devode (http://www.devode.net) has been open for a couple of days now and I am currently thinking about what I could add to the Forum to make more people sign up.

Does anyone have any ideas? I was thinking maybe making scripts exclusively for the Forum (such as finishing my YANS script).

What do you all think? Please post any ideas you have :)!

Thanks,
Simon

Thread moved by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): This section was specifically made for threads like this ;).

RangeHost
19-01-2008, 08:41 PM
The chance for designers to buy forums named after them, linking to their portfolio.

MrPinkPanther
19-01-2008, 08:44 PM
There is a project forum....Use it.

Invent
19-01-2008, 08:48 PM
MODs feel free to move but I fail to see why this thread is any different to many other threads in this section about peoples projects.

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): To answer your question , This belongs in projects as you already have the site made and want ideas on how to improve the site there for making it a project you're working on, If you think other threads should be moved feel free to report them ;).

Cixso
19-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Yeah, stop spamming then I might sign up.

Why not ask this in 1 of the threads you already created? o.O

MrPinkPanther
19-01-2008, 08:49 PM
It was the WRONG section, only reason you posted there was because more people look at it.

Invent
19-01-2008, 08:49 PM
It was the WRONG section, only reason you posted there was because more people look at it.

Quite true like many other people :)

MrPinkPanther
19-01-2008, 08:50 PM
Quite true like many other people :)
Yes and it defeats the point of the forum ''/.

RangeHost
19-01-2008, 09:00 PM
so what are your thoughts on my idea. I think it would generate some income for you, while providing successful advertising for the designer.

Jackboy
19-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Yes and it defeats the point of the forum ''/.
It was me that -repped u for arguing with SImon, coz i like him duh.

I think u shud offer people free habbo furni if they sign up :)

Blob
19-01-2008, 09:18 PM
It was me that -repped u for arguing with SImon, coz i like him duh.

I think u shud offer people free habbo furni if they sign up :)

Its a coding forum not a habbo forum...

Mentor
19-01-2008, 09:27 PM
I still say thin down the top bar and make it look a little sleeker. Currenlty it just looks fat and blocky "/
Secondly youve split all the forums down way to much. Almost anything posted would need to fit in to about 3 at once.
You cant get xhtml unless you have css, so any topic to do with ether belongs in both, you cant have js with html/xhtml so those topics need both "/ php equally requres xhtml, and you could quite easly with any compex problem need all the forums at once.
Front end stuff and back end stuff should be shoved together really in my opinion.

Designs and in progress designes, reall just need one forum since the both asking for feedback on a project "/ (you have show off your website for advertising)

To many of your forums just seem a bit redundent "/

Forge
20-01-2008, 09:35 AM
We need general chat forums. members would leave the forum as they cant speak about anything else other than coding and designing. There needs to be a place for members to 'chill' if you like.

EDIT: And stop arguing over where a thread is posted you sad people!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!