PDA

View Full Version : Just bought Cod4 :) tips

BowTies1
20-01-2008, 04:29 AM
i just obught cod for 37.99 :) im not to good at these types of games but i want to get better so any advice on the game either in campaign or on live :)

thanks

Ross

yido
20-01-2008, 11:16 AM
get right on live add me arcuatedan

just practice untill u get good on free for all or team deathmatch

SKEEN
20-01-2008, 11:31 AM
I don't see how we can give 'tips' on how to play good.

Err. Aim your crosshair at the head? :).

Breakfloor
20-01-2008, 11:32 AM
ok i got some tips

get a gun

aim

fire

run

Oleh
20-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Never use the starting setups always make your own as they are crap also i found the mp5 the easiest gun to start off with (im to sexy for the better guns) and i got to like level 30 with it but its your decision whats good

Naruto!
20-01-2008, 11:40 AM
On Live:
Guns will damage helicopter strikes so don't hestitate to use some bullets on them if you have some good cover, especially if you have a good LMG with an effective perk.

Try and narrow down the movement of enemy players before dropping an airstrike. Where they are on your radar when you launch the airstrike might not be where they will be when it gets there. Try and anticipate where they are going. Knowing choke points on the maps and where they are on the overview map helps.

Always make sure your cover is sufficient for you to reload and run to the next spot. "Dry walls" and cars will only protect you for a second or two, whereas hiding behind barrels or a building corner can give you some more time.

If you are low on ammo, don't reload in a fight when there is a weapon you can pick up on the ground. This is useful when you are caught with your secondary weapon or something when there is a good automatic lying right next to you.

If you know an enemy is hiding behind a wall, always take the chance to use a clip on them because you can usually hit your target through a thinner wall, especially with the Deep Penetration perk.

If you are proficient with using the iron sights, there is no reason to waste an attachment on a scope. Take some time to practice with the iron sights so that if you feel comfortable enough with them, it may be more effective to add a silencer or grip attachment.

If you combine SMG's with the Steady Aim perk, only use your sights for long range engagements.

Snipe and move. Try and avoid getting two kills from the same spot twice in a row. Get a kill, and move away. If you're missing targets and taking multiple shots, move and go somewhere else so that you're position won't be as obvious.

Make use of walls and other things by bouncing grenades off of them. It helps get grenades in tight spaces without having to expose yourself needlessly.

If you're using a sniper class, swap out your pistol with a higher power weapon from a dead corpse whenever you can. This gives you an extra perk slot as you don't need Overkill anymore.

When planting claymores take care to place them so that the blast radius of the explosive is maximized. See Tip of the Week #10 for more information.

Never ignore the grenade indicator since you can never be sure how close the grenade really is. Doing so will tell you which wall or corner to dive behind based on which way the indicator points to.

If you think that there may be multiple enemies in a room or small area, throw a flash bang or a stun grenade in before entering. This will give you those important seconds to eliminate some targets before you are actually confronted.

If you run out of ammo with your primary weapon, switching to your secondary weapon is always faster than reloading. Do this when running into an open area so you aren't caught in the middle of reloading.

On some weapons like the shotguns, the Stopping Power perk is nearly useless. Try to apply other perks that will improve other areas, rather than increasing an already fatal shot.

If you get the chance, reload after every "confrontation" as you can never be sure how much ammo you will need for the next time. As always, make sure you have some good cover when you do this.

Take advantage of your mini-map when you are moving into an open or usually crowded area as you will know whether there are multiple enemies waiting for you.

Unless at point blank range, always use the sights. Even with Steady Aim, it is better to use your sights in medium range combat to get off the kill quicker with controlled bursts rather than spraying.

If you have the opportunity to knife someone, do it. This saves ammo, and it helps prevent others from knowing your location from the mini-map or from the sound.

Crouch instead of walking regularly when possible. Only walk upright if you are in a hurry. By crouching, you emit much less sound, you can more easily catch people off guard, and you minimize your target area.
Credit: GameReplays.ORG

Minstrels
20-01-2008, 11:53 AM
ok i got some tips

get a gun

aim

fire

run
u wel elped me get 2 lvl 33!!!!! +repzzzzzz

Breakfloor
20-01-2008, 11:57 AM
OMG ITS OK I LOVE TO ELPPPPP

REP BACK

BowTies1
20-01-2008, 01:37 PM
you can give me tips buy saying should i stay in cover full game waiting for guys to come to me or go out full guns blazing ? what class i should use ? what gun is the best to use on live ?

Ashley 12344
20-01-2008, 03:28 PM
£38? Where from?

Alan_Carr
20-01-2008, 09:45 PM
jus try and nick kills

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 07:17 AM
£38? Where from?
Ikea luv.

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 07:40 AM
sweaty swedish

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 03:56 PM
sweaty swedish
sven aint sweating do...

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 08:25 PM
basically jus hang wid ur possy and when they killin someone, shoot them before they getz the kill bruv

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 08:26 PM
basically jus hang wid ur possy and when they killin someone, shoot them before they getz the kill bruv

Or just take it back to the shop!

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Or just take it back to the shop!

lol i told like a million nubz to take it bk to the shop, cos they jus are so shocking, waste of money

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 08:29 PM
lol i told like a million nubz to take it bk to the shop, cos they jus are so shocking, waste of money
lol i luv winin games on it init.

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 08:38 PM
yeh cos i love it when the arab music comes on, i start singin

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 08:39 PM
yeh cos i love it when the arab music comes on, i start singin
i sing da kazakstan anthem!!!!

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 08:41 PM
i sing da kazakstan anthem!!!!

i scream down the mic when i get a headshot

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 08:53 PM
i scream down the mic when i get a headshot
i get a tissue when i get a helicopter!

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 08:55 PM
i get a tissue when i get a helicopter!

LOOOL!
How can i beat that? :(

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 08:56 PM
LOOOL!
How can i beat that? :(
u cant. ;)

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 08:58 PM
(8) slap da pikey, slap da pikey (8)
im gna change it tomoz, and its gna be

You just got killed by xSlAp dA PiKeYx :D

Minstrels
21-01-2008, 09:02 PM
(8) slap da pikey, slap da pikey (8)
im gna change it tomoz, and its gna be

You just got killed by xSlAp dA PiKeYx :D
poor... :D

Alan_Carr
21-01-2008, 09:04 PM
but peeps will report it sayin its "racist"

g
22-01-2008, 03:43 PM
play headquaters on live to get ranked up quick,

Alan_Carr
22-01-2008, 03:48 PM
headquarters is crap tbh, search and destroy gives 50 points per kill :)

Jake145
22-01-2008, 08:41 PM
To get exp play Search and Destory, but if you want to unlock guns and get "Blue Tiger Skin","Red Tiger Skin" for your guns then play Team Death Match.

Minstrels
22-01-2008, 08:44 PM
To get exp play Search and Destory, but if you want to unlock guns and get "Blue Tiger Skin","Red Tiger Skin" for your guns then play Team Death Match.

I PLAY GROUND WAR!!!111!!

Alan_Carr
22-01-2008, 09:01 PM
I PLAY GROUND WAR!!!111!!

I PLAY CLUBTROPICA!!!111!! OOPS SOZ I MEANT TO SAY I PLAY SABOTAGE

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!