PDA

View Full Version : Using images to control a embed object?

Topps
20-01-2008, 07:46 AM
I have been looking around and asking on loads of forums, but no one knows how to do this, if you know what I mean, I need it so I can link an image and on onclick it either plays/pauses/stops the radio, so as in an image for each one. A play image would play the radio, pause would pause and stop would stop, obviously.

I hope someone knows how to do this. :)

Invent
20-01-2008, 03:08 PM
I've told you, you can only use the MS IE Player tools. That's the only way you can do it using html/js.

iUnknown
20-01-2008, 03:11 PM
There's an example of this on www.ivanw.net (http://www.ivanw.net). View source it and I'm sure you'll work out how to use it.

You basically put the player code somewhere on the site but make it's height and width 0/1 pixel so that you can't see it. You can then design your own player and use hotspots that use the object functions to target the player to play/pause or stop it. Using rollover effects on it make it look good too ;)

MrCraig
20-01-2008, 03:22 PM
They also use it on www.HFFM.co.uk

Topps
20-01-2008, 07:29 PM
I've told you, you can only use the MS IE Player tools. That's the only way you can do it using html/js.

OK, well I'm gonna try and do it using the player you use on your sites all the time, the really nice one, forget the name again. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!