PDA

View Full Version : Should women be banned from men's football?

Mizki
05-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Should women be banned from men's football?
The world football governing body, Fifa, has ruled that a leading female Mexican footballer should not be allowed to play for a professional men's club.
Maribel Dominguez had signed for the Mexican second-division club Celaya which would have been a first for football in North and Central America.

However, the Fifa executive committee has said that the division between men and women in the sport should be maintained.

Do you agree with the Fifa ruling? Should women be barred from playing men's football? Do you think men and women can compete on the same level?

This was a bit of a debate back in 2004... and it really annoys me...

I played football all my life in a football team, bieng the only girl - we were doing really well in the league untill a law came in contact with my team demanding I find a girls team elsewhere. Do you think that's right?

If it was maybe a country team, I think they should seperate - but a small local, but good team, I think it shouldn't matter!

the wombats
05-06-2005, 11:16 AM
lol, trust you to bring this up, erm , they should be aloud to play in teams like you were, and dont you thenk should have a full pro devivsion aswell for the ladies ;p lol

Dreams...
05-06-2005, 11:18 AM
i think its unfair that girls cnt play 4 a pro football team because of our gender so i think she should be able to play were just as good as tyhe boys better mayb!!!

Zephur
05-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Finally, a good thread to post on. Kudos Mizki!

I'm split. I really don't think that in your case, playing for your team you should have been kicked off. At that level what is the point in losing their start player? The manager knew you where carrying that team. Yet he still let you go? No, it's not right.
However, at professional level, I think it is right to have to seperate leauges for Men and Women. For many reasons, which I will elaberate on later, but right now I have to grab a bacon sandwhich.

the wombats
05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
lol, trust you to bring this up, erm , they should be aloud to play in teams like you were, and dont you thenk should have a full pro devivsion aswell for the ladies ;p lol

and a womens world cup :p

Mentor
05-06-2005, 11:25 AM
shouldbe in debats forum. but i think it should be unisex, if femails are as good as the males then of cause they should be allowed to play?

BlueTails
05-06-2005, 11:31 AM
They Should If Good

cocaine
05-06-2005, 11:32 AM
No, they shouldn't be banned, as that would be totally biased in my opinion. The majority of women think that they should be treated equally as men do. This includes opportunities, Pay (To Live On), and many other items.
So, no. Women shouldn't be banned from football.

the wombats
05-06-2005, 11:33 AM
also think of years ago when women were not aloud to vote, it was alot stricter, but women should be in pro football

Steph=04=
05-06-2005, 11:34 AM
i think.... it shouldnt matter for any. local team or country team both girls and boys should be able to play football
(as long as they have seperate changing rooms)

Mizki
05-06-2005, 11:35 AM
If i'm right, the law is now that girls can't play in boys football clubs over the age of 10.

& Mentor the debate for has silly passwords, i'm not going to wait for a pass to post.

Zephur
05-06-2005, 11:36 AM
Ok I'm back.

The only reason I can think of them not being in the mens leadues. Is that some of the men might not tackle as hard, and generally not treat them like they would a man. This could bring scores into jeopardy.
However, thats a pathetic excuse.

Like some great footballer or other said: 'If your good enough your old enough'
so like some great Habbo called Zephur now says: 'If your good enough, theres not reason why not'

the wombats
05-06-2005, 11:38 AM
hhhhhmmmmm over ten, that means the goverment is biased

Mizki
05-06-2005, 11:43 AM
As a female junior coach who has two girls in my team I think that girls are on a par with men/boys. I will lose two very good players next season as the girls are not allowed to play as part of a mixed team when they are 11 years old. Pathetic or what?

the wombats
05-06-2005, 11:45 AM
very pathetic, take it to the town hall mwahahahaha or parliment

Zephur
05-06-2005, 11:49 AM
Steph, I don't think they should have seperate changing rooms.
If they can share the same pitch they can share the same changing room.

If the want to be treated equally why discrimate them by putting them in a seperate changing room?

Mizki
05-06-2005, 11:54 AM
I disagree with that, Football is a GAME, a sport... Having the same changing rooms is personal....

I'm sure the men would like it, but I know for a fact most woman wouldnt.

Anyway this is what the the football association had to say:

Currently girls and boys can play football together up until the age of 11. After this they have to play in single gender teams only. The website run by the Football Association says the "physical differences between the average secondary school boy and girl mean that the way they play the game begins to change too. Boys' football involves more long passing and crossing, while girls' football tends to feature more dribbling and short passing" (www.thefa.com).

Are they saying girls cannot cross the ball or do long passes? Football is football, not two different games. So say they are right... the girls game is more about dribbling and short passes - a team needs a mixture of skills.

I know some woman footballers who can cross the ball as good as Beckham.

the wombats
05-06-2005, 11:57 AM
i am not a football fan, but why have 2 seperate gender teams, cant they play like one big happy family?

Zephur
05-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Mizki they can have pre-match warm up sessions...
;)

Mizki
05-06-2005, 12:02 PM
What do you mean? do you mean they can join in with the men while they are warming up? oh boy gee wizz ! heaven is a place on earth!

But maybe you didn't mean that

the wombats
05-06-2005, 12:03 PM
mizki is a girls football coach, i bet, and she wants war with parliment

:.bEx.:
05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
Yeah it was annoying for me at primary i was the only girl in football team absolutly loved it i was a good player and then i was told when i got to 11 for my sunday league club i had to stop and find another i was distaught. i went n played for ipswich town womans fc and it was amazing but u had to travel all over the country every weekend so i had to give it up i was a so unhappy. Luckily my skool has a big interest in girls football and i play for them which is great.
I feel there should be unisex footy plus a bigger enphasis on ladies football as well, remember watch ladies euro 2005 today cmon england!

Football for Life
Ipswich For Life

the wombats
05-06-2005, 12:08 PM
Yeah it was annoying for me at primary i was the only girl in football team absolutly loved it i was a good player and then i was told when i got to 11 for my sunday league club i had to stop and find another i was distaught. i went n played for ipswich town womans fc and it was amazing but u had to travel all over the country every weekend so i had to give it up i was a so unhappy. Luckily my skool has a big interest in girls football and i play for them which is great.
I feel there should be unisex footy plus a bigger enphasis on ladies football as well, remember watch ladies euro 2005 today cmon england!

Football for Life
Middlesbrough For Life

get it right bex

:.bEx.:
05-06-2005, 12:10 PM
:o Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe Ipswich 4 Lyfe

...........You get My point?!

the wombats
05-06-2005, 12:11 PM
ye i do, Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life Middlesbrouhg 4 life

Mizki
05-06-2005, 12:14 PM
plus a bigger enphasis on ladies football as well

Yeah where Beckham earns millions a year... one of the best woman footballers earns just 40 thousand a year - that's still lots but look at the difference! Mens england on BBC1, womans if EVER on tv - BB2.

the wombats
05-06-2005, 12:16 PM
lol mizki, are you a girls football coach lol, take it to parliment

Colourfulâ„¢
05-06-2005, 12:17 PM
Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva Afc Telford United 4 eva

Mizki
05-06-2005, 12:19 PM
Grow up...

Edit: thanks for changing it, that was very annoying.

the wombats
05-06-2005, 12:21 PM
hhhhhmmmm ye telfrod are so you know lol, back on topic, women should be aloud to play in mens football

Mentor
05-06-2005, 12:26 PM
i still call the disscusion forum (used to be sort of debts forum) the debates forum.

Anyway, its genralsation, the FA's facts may not be correct for some, but not for all. plus even if it were, would not both of those trates lead to a more balenced team.

The problem is the fix will be unisex foot ball where you have to have "this many males and this many girls"
wich is no better,
the best way would be just the abilty to choose the best, if there all male, or all femail ? so be it.
but if some females are better than some of the males oviosy the femails would be picked, as any good foot ball team should choose the best players they can, what ever gender they may be?

Wich is why i think saying you "cant" have mixed is just stupid.

Mizki
05-06-2005, 12:52 PM
You gave a good reason why there should be mixed teams, then said it was stupid to have mixed teams. I think the best should be picked for the team whatever gender they may be... That way it wont turn into maybe a future rule... each team have to have an equal ammount of players within the gender.

Mizki
05-06-2005, 12:54 PM
Wait I just re-read your post. I agree with you.

Mentor
05-06-2005, 12:55 PM
You gave a good reason why there should be mixed teams, then said it was stupid to have mixed teams. I think the best should be picked for the team whatever gender they may be... That way it wont turn into maybe a future rule... each team have to have an equal ammount of players within the gender.

Im not sure if my point got confused but

I think the best should be picked for the team whatever gender they may be.

Was the main point about it. rather than haveing stupid rules about having to have a certain amount on each team, rather than just haveing the best of all people.

if ye follow?

I just read you reread my post sort of makeing my explinational post pointless lol... now im confused

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!