PDA

View Full Version : Which games console is the best & why? - [Closes 11/03/08]

Mr.OSH
20-01-2008, 05:51 PM
With many large companies such as Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo spending years attempting to develop the best gaming experience possible for players and spending millions in order to achieve that, which console that is currently in the market do you think has got the closed to achieving this and why?

Which is the best? Is it the PS3, XBOX 360 or maybe the WII? What do you think?

Happy Debating. :)

-:Undertaker:-
20-02-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't think the PS1 or PS2 can ever be beaten to be honest :)

warezkid3
20-02-2008, 10:00 PM
They are all different for each things,

I dont think any are best for one thing.

For reason, the wii is a family fun, where abouts PS3 is more serouis gaming.

Wootzeh
20-02-2008, 10:01 PM
360 LOL
only good thing about ps3 is that it has built in blu-ray.
Wii doesn't give the best 'gaming experience' so i wont bother with that.

kardiogram
20-02-2008, 10:03 PM
im a fan of the 360 tbh.

Tiked
20-02-2008, 10:03 PM
The nintendo Wii is for groups, but the PS3 is for serious gaming which beats the 360.

warezkid3
20-02-2008, 10:06 PM
The best thing about 360 is the controller. and i heard it better online?

all of these are different, since some of the games are only going to be for 360/PS3/WII

Tiked
20-02-2008, 10:09 PM
You have to pay for Xbox live, whereas with the PS3 and the Wii its free.

Wootzeh
20-02-2008, 10:09 PM
You have to pay for Xbox live, whereas with the PS3 and the Wii its free.
You get what you pay for. Better service. Oh well, if you cant afford £3.33 a month not my loss :D

Roboevil
20-02-2008, 10:29 PM
Well the Wii is just one big waste of £180 worth of a giant party game; the graphics are pretty goodthough , they're almost as good as the PS one!

Jordy
20-02-2008, 10:36 PM
Xbox 360 is much better than the PS3 in many ways of gaming, especially online gaming.

However the PS3 is the best value despite it being the most expensive, mainly because it has so many features. Blu-ray, built-in wifi, Bluetooth, free online play, internet browser and bigger HDD in most cases.

brandon
20-02-2008, 10:43 PM
Wii has the best graphics by far.

N!ck
20-02-2008, 10:46 PM
Wii for interactive hands-on fun, 360 for online, PS3 for the truly awesome Gran Turismo 5 when it's released.

Technologic
20-02-2008, 10:48 PM
All have their good points and all have their bad points. You can't actually say which is the best, especially between the PS3 and 360.

However, if i were to pick a console it would have to be the Playstation Two

Gangster
20-02-2008, 11:09 PM
I'd say PS3 because it has alot of features and good games

GommeInc
20-02-2008, 11:12 PM
The Wii and PS3 are reliable, while the Xbox 360 has terrible reliability judging by the amount of complaints. The Wii has the best customer support compared to the Xbox 360. They send free things and fix consoles quickly, while the Xbox 360 seems to take a few months. Not sure on the PS3 as I've not heard any problems with the support.

The Wii and PS3 have free internet, which is good for online gaming because you don't have to pay (duh) while the Xbox 360 you have to pay for. There seems to be an excuse going around that you get what you pay for. You get free internet, who cares if you get online play when you pay for it? Free beats paying.

The Wii and PS3 have built-in wireless which work very well, which is what a majority demand, while the Xbox 360 only has a cable connection, and you have to pay for an adaptor.

The Xbox 360 can connect to PCs on the same network and share files to play on the TV etc. The Wii and PS3 lack such a feature. The Xbox 360 has expandable memory, while the PS3 and Wii don't (even though the Wii supports SD cards, which aren't that big).

The PS3 has blu-ray and is the cheapest blu-ray player around, which is good because bargains are always good, especially when you get an HD games console and media centre built-in too.

The Wii seems to have alot more creative games than the PS3 and Xbox 360, but this is probably down to Nintendo taking an innovative approach to gaming. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are really only good for shoot 'em ups and racing, while the Wii focuses on adventure and party games. No console does all of them successfully.

The Wii makes it more interactive and approaches gaming with a more 'hands-on' approach. This is due to the Wiimote mainly, which has different fittings such as a steering wheel and tennis racket, to make gaming slightly more realistic. Although it does need to focus on a more 1st person view to really get that experience. The Xbox 360 sticks to classic interactivity and the PS3 sits in the middle, which is good for people who like them.

Virgin Mary
21-02-2008, 02:55 AM
The original playstation... consoles these days are more about the graphics and internet and w.e. rather than the actual games.

GhostFace-
21-02-2008, 03:05 AM
Wii = 360 > PS3

and i have a C in math :<

e5
21-02-2008, 08:03 AM
PS3 is the only new console i've got but I loved N64, super ninentedo and gamecube and stuff :D

le harry
21-02-2008, 08:19 AM
i prefer an xbox, mainly because i'm use too them. wii's are good fun but i get bored of them easily. :<

---MAD---
21-02-2008, 10:24 AM
The nintendo Wii is for groups, but the PS3 is for serious gaming which beats the 360.
I disagree. The xbox 360 has the best online service out of the 3 consoles. I have seen the PS3 one and I really dislike it.

Everlong
21-02-2008, 10:26 AM
N64 or PS2 FTW!!

MattyBoy
21-02-2008, 12:20 PM
360 beats wii and ps3 becuz, it has very good online gaming, the graphics are superve, brilliant games, great start up menu and has different editions such as the elite, un like wii when it doesnt have a ny and the p3s only has a silver one and a black one

Dan2nd
21-02-2008, 01:23 PM
I know someone who's been through four Xbox 360's since september 2007 all broken lol...so their not very reliable but meh i prefer PS3 because I'm not really into online gaming I prefer playing the games in story mode.

lew!
21-02-2008, 02:03 PM
I reckon, Xbox 360's graphics, wii's controls & ps3's gameplay would make the ultimate console :P

Misawa
21-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I have all three, my brother bought me them, don't ask, he's just a freak like that.

Wii is a fantastic party accessory. Whenever friends around or you're having a family event, etc, the Wii is great, on your own it pretty much sucks though.

The XBOX 360 has a nice interface, and its online gaming service is good, but it is a pretty unreliable console. The light of death seems to be pretty common with my friends.

Out of the three, playing them in hi-definition, the PS3 shows me that it has the best graphics on the majority of its games, they're just smoother and better looking, but the advantage isn't THAT great over the XBOX. The online experience is just as good as the 360, except it's free.

My favourite console is the PlayStation, followed by the XBOX and the Wii. It's good to see that people are actually pointing out the pros and cons of both consoles and having constructed discussions for once in such a thread, rather than going, "PS3 IS OMG BETTER, XBOX SUCSK".

Ad-ham.
21-02-2008, 04:11 PM
All consoles have different points which they 'win' over the competition with.

The Playstation 3 has amazing graphics and gameplay, supporting Full 1080i HD resolutions. It's gameplay is also brilliant. However, the PS3 doesn't have a huge array of titles at the minute. The PS3 also has free online services, WiFi, internet browsing and of course, GT5, which will render the competition irrelevant.

The Xbox 360 has a wider array of games and was released earlier than the Playstation 3, so people may have purchased it waiting for the PS3 to be released. (The Xbox 360 also has HDMI output but the graphics are not as good as the PS3) The X360's online service may be better, but you have to pay. (which also includes a wireless adapter or a long ethernet cable if you're not close to your modem)

Thetan
05-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I own a wii myself, so Ill try and give an unbiased opinion.

The ps3 is powerful, but for games it comes up short as alot of companies cannot afford to make games that takes advantage of the capabilities of the system, so alot of the games are just like ones you would get on a ps2. The controller is pretty nice. But it costs alot. Its a decent system.

The Xbox 360 is unreliable, it breaks down alot. But XboxLive is quite a good gaming experience, even if you have to pay. The games are pretty good, Halo series being one of my favourites. Graphics are good enough for me, gameplay is good. Over all this is quite a good system.

The Wii is quite a fun system. All the games find some way to take advantage of the unique controller. Alot of people say its only good for party games, but I have had so much fun playing The Godfather and Super Paper Mario and I almost never got bored playing them intill I finished them and played it intill I did everything possible in the game. The graphics are good, alot of them arent realistic, but instead they are fun and quite unique. Almost all the games I have played are quite fun. The price is good, compared to alot of the systems. One word to sum it up is unique. It is my system of choice.

Pyroka
05-03-2008, 08:09 PM
I like my XBox 360.

I think it's the best because of it's sheer amount of games which are available to every single gamer profile you can think of. I think they more or less made the new internet gaming generation, take off. Tell me off for being a fanboy, but that's the way I look at it. I also think that the controllers are pretty comfortable, and the Xbox itself is easy to use and even to customize, opening more doors for another community of XMODDING.

My system of choice. ;)

Misawa
05-03-2008, 09:02 PM
I like my XBox 360.

I think it's the best because of it's sheer amount of games which are available to every single gamer profile you can think of. I think they more or less made the new internet gaming generation, take off. Tell me off for being a fanboy, but that's the way I look at it. I also think that the controllers are pretty comfortable, and the Xbox itself is easy to use and even to customize, opening more doors for another community of XMODDING.

My system of choice. ;)

The wireless feature is horrible though.

The new Unreal Tournament game has been delayed for XBOX but released on PS3 because it's not powerful enough.

Minstrels
06-03-2008, 05:55 PM
The wireless feature is horrible though.

The new Unreal Tournament game has been delayed for XBOX but released on PS3 because it's not powerful enough.
Wrong... Microsoft paid the company for more features just like they did for GTA. :)

KnuxIBF
06-03-2008, 08:07 PM
Wii - It's continually fun, and it's gonna be the year of the Wii this year :]

shizzle
10-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Xbox 360, because its has good graphics and fun to play XBL.

Nereo
10-03-2008, 07:27 PM
wii cant even be considered

the debate is between Xbox 360 and ps3

personally I like the PS3:D

Adam$
10-03-2008, 08:43 PM
wii cant even be considered

the debate is between Xbox 360 and ps3

personally I like the PS3:D
I agree, the Wiii has its strong points but it's not really in the same league as the PS3 and the X360.

Thetan
11-03-2008, 12:33 AM
The Xbox 360 and the Ps3 are for hardcore gamers, Wii is for casual gamers. I am a casual gamer, and I love to play Super Smash Bros, Legend of Zelda, The Godfather game and Scarface.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!