I need an Code for Expandable Iframes?

Has anyone got it?

Florx
21-01-2008, 01:15 AM
Use the search feature!

www.dynamicdrive.com

chrisgocrazyH
21-01-2008, 07:25 AM
some reason they dont work on my site i've done it right..

Anyone elce?

Caleb
21-01-2008, 07:31 AM
It is called google, use it. If it doesn't work right, you didn't do it right.. seriously?

<?php
fecho "hey";
?>

Thats not going to work, its echo.. apparently you did something wrong ;)

Decode
21-01-2008, 08:26 AM
This is the iframe code:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
window.onload = function() {
var f = document.getElementById("mainframe");
function resize() {
var h = "";
var w = "";
if (f.contentDocument) {
h = f.contentDocument.documentElement.offsetHeight + 20 + "px";
(f.contentDocument.documentElement,"").getPropertyValue

("width");
} else if (f.contentWindow) {
h = f.contentWindow.document.body.scrollHeight + 5 + "px";
} else {
return;
}
f.setAttribute("height",h);
f.parentNode.setAttribute("height",h);
}
if (window.addEventListener) {
f.onload = resize;
} else if (f.attachEvent) {
f.attachEvent("onload", resize);
} else {
return;
}
resize();
}
//]]>
</script>

<iframe name="frm" id="mainframe" src="URL HERE" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="no" scrolling="no" target="_self" height="150"></iframe>

And to target links into it use this code;

<a href="URL OF PAGE" target="frm">Name Of Page</a>

:)

Awfy
21-01-2008, 08:43 AM
Hello All HxF Users..

I need an Code for Expandable Iframes?

Has anyone got it?
Quit posting help threads for every little thing you hit, there's google which does it a lot faster than here!

Use AJAX for expanding content not iframes. iFrames are one of the most annoying pieces of coding on god blue earth.

chrisgocrazyH
21-01-2008, 10:03 AM
Well im Sorry BUT I HAVE used google i found bull ---- and ill try Ajax and also ill see if above code works :)

Caleb
21-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Quit posting help threads for every little thing you hit, there's google which does it a lot faster than here!

Use AJAX for expanding content not iframes. iFrames are one of the most annoying pieces of coding on god blue earth.

I disagree with that, lots of professional sites use them for various things, they are helpful, and they are good when used in the right way.

AJAX dynamic content is annoying unless you can use the backspace key, and I am sure this guy doesn't have the knowledge.

Well im Sorry BUT I HAVE used google i found bull ---- and ill try Ajax and also ill see if above code works :)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=expandable+iframes&btnG=Google+Search

SH-Stephen
21-01-2008, 12:43 PM

Thank you.

iFrames will get result in you getting people who search for your website, hitting into the content of your iFrame. So, for example, I search for your site, I hit the link, and I find the contents of your shoutbox. Great - I'll just go back and go to another website.

RedCrisps
21-01-2008, 05:28 PM
Thank you.

iFrames will get result in you getting people who search for your website, hitting into the content of your iFrame. So, for example, I search for your site, I hit the link, and I find the contents of your shoutbox. Great - I'll just go back and go to another website.
huh :S

Awfy
21-01-2008, 05:46 PM
He means when people google for your site, if they click a search result which links to a page that should be shown in an iframe it will look wrong. As there is no iframe :P

Forge
21-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Bit of advice, forget about iframes! use <div></div> ;)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!