PDA

View Full Version : Powerlevelling & Gold Farming (Sticky plz?)

POOLSOPEN
21-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Powerlevelling and Gold Farming is ILLEGAL

Allowing someone else to use your account is illegal and will result in you being banned.

Gold Farming is the same thing, illegal and results in a ban.

Please, remember, when viewing any topics in this general sub forum, most of them are simply trying to gain access to your account.

Why would someone want to go into your account and train you? It's pointless and not many would do it as grinding is boring and takes forever.

Anything being asked in this general subforum, labelled as "Gold Farming" and "Powerlevelling" is fake, is a scam and is illegal.

I realize I am a new forum member, but I'd ask you all right now not to partake in any of the aforementioned activities.

I'd hate to see this forum become the new Sythe.org.

Ras
21-01-2008, 02:17 PM
so who are you? the new mod wannabe?

POOLSOPEN
21-01-2008, 03:27 PM
so who are you? the new mod wannabe?

Nope, just someone who's been playing RuneScape since it came out in 2001.

I'm a RuneScape Original. The original sword swingin, beer swilling, cigarette smoking, Total Rune.

Legend-Killa
21-01-2008, 03:51 PM
shut up m8

Edited by Professor-Alex (Forum Moderator): Please don't be rude.

The Professor
21-01-2008, 04:26 PM
We're aware that it is against the rules, but it's risk-reward. We take the risk of getting our accounts banned, and we gain the reward of attaining items we couldn't otherwise attain.

Contrary to popular belief, the threads offering powerlevelling are rarely scams, and even if they are the users on here are intelligent enough to make sure they can get the account back. Habbox forum isn't trying to become the new runescape fansite, and as such we don't really care for jagex's rules :)

Kaine
01-02-2008, 02:37 AM
I beg to differ as someone just got scammed.

I will be sending this sub-forum's link to Jagex and I will let them investigate the threads in this.

Caleb
01-02-2008, 02:49 AM
I beg to differ as someone just got scammed.

I will be sending this sub-forum's link to Jagex and I will let them investigate the threads in this.
MOD wannabe or what?

Someone got scammed, it was their fault, they took that risk. It was also your risk to trade HCs for credits on Habbo, people did it anyways.

Sometimes you got a good deal, sometimes you were scammed.

You seriously need to get a life, Jagex probably doesn't care, and are saying "told them so."

rh4u
02-02-2008, 08:49 PM
and they will reply by... "What were you doing on them forums in the first place"?

Kaine
02-02-2008, 09:07 PM
You think I care? I have many accounts. I'm obv. not gonna send a report using my good account.

rh4u
02-02-2008, 09:16 PM
they trace ip's mooron.

all your accounts... BAM,,, banned... HAHA

Kaine
02-02-2008, 09:20 PM
I predict the mods will get you for being rude.

Also, they can't trace my IP.

www.proxy.org.

I use a fake IP.

rh4u
02-02-2008, 09:35 PM
ohh soz. forgot u woz 'ard

Havoc_Generator
04-02-2008, 03:50 AM
well i laughin atm since ur banned leoleol gf u tried well ard

Kaine
04-02-2008, 04:38 AM
well i laughin atm since ur banned leoleol gf u tried well ard

I'm not banned. Not on Habbo, not on Habbox, not on Runescape.

Try again. =)

No.1.HAB
04-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Some things to remember when asking to be lvl'd!

Dont post your account name! (always send this via pm)
not only does this help against you being banned it also stops all those annoying noob's spamming you in game!

Check postcounts rep exc
Peaple say post counts dont mean anything but would you trust someone with 2 posts? even if they have been here a while
dont tell them to get stuffed just exsplain theres a lot of scamming with peaple with only a few posts when you have been here a little longer and gain some trust i will try and get you a leveling job!

Research the users posts
I have done this almost everytime i offor/ask for leveling!
once someone with over 4k posts and he had been at the forum for 3 years was spending his last days scamming there was 100's of complaints but the forum i used was not moderated propily back then

If possible strip the account!
Most users that offor services have there own tools! if they wish to use something of yours ask them if they would'nt mind trading something of equal value! Most scams will take place as soon as you go ofline or as soon as you give the your password!

Give the leveler/levelee + rep and a good comment
Its ok saying thanks, vouch or hes safe on lvling jobs
Put a little effort into it then they will feel proud that they did a good job and respect that you gave him a good name throughout the forum (if he/her didnt already have one) And it wont hurt to do this would it?

Its your responcibility!
If you get scammed post it in a mature way! do go posting
**** that **** just scammed me all my ******* stuf ****** ban that **** hes a ******* *******
Post it like this:
I got scammed by blabla6 (habbox name) blabla7 (runescape name)
at 10am on the 14/1/08
on Runescape (or game you played)
heres some screenies (if poss)
Breif desc: He was ment to lvl me and he just took my stuff.....
I would appritiate anything you could do to prevent this from happening again. thanks! :)
Dont forget if you did nothing wrong you dont want peaple shouting and yelling at you! and neither do the mods its not there fault you got scammed and it will get dealt with faster if you put it politly!
This will not get your stuff back this may even end up with nothing being done! But at least you helped prevent him from doing it again!

Last but most definatly not least! Ask your friends to help!
Asking friends will not completly stop you from being scammed! but if you know them in real life or have known them for a while they probibly will not try to scam you :)

At the end of it all this is against the T&C's but who cares?
only the peaple who are pi**ed at having played the game solid for 7 years then realised "why didnt i get someone to do that for me" hey poolsopen? (no offence :))

there is a risk of being scammed but thats just a risk you take

I hope this helps :) i know it could be better but i havnt got time to make it perfect! :)

Good luck!!

alotest
06-02-2008, 07:22 PM
You think that Jagex doesn't know about this forum? Even finding the account names on here wouldn't allow them to ban the accounts as they have no proof of ownership.

NighTFoX
07-02-2008, 06:56 AM
god you get some rather dull people these days

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!