PDA

View Full Version : Sulake's New Project!?!?!?!

MrPinkPanther
22-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little. Ok the new sulake site there is an open position for a Flash developer for 'development of Sulake’s next generation browser-based virtual world platform'. So we are finally going to see a new MMOCC by sulake!!!

http://www.sulake.com/careers/open_positions/view?id=182

Credit to Scoot on MMOCCforum for discovering it.

Thread edited by Agesilaus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not have thread titles that have nothing to do with what you're starter post is discussing.

Kardan
22-01-2008, 04:38 PM
Ok maybe I am exaggerating a little. Ok the new sulake site there is an open position for a Flash developer for 'development of Sulake’s next generation browser-based virtual world platform'. So we are finally going to see a new MMOCC by sulake!!!

http://www.sulake.com/careers/open_positions/view?id=182

Credit to Scoot on MMOCCforum for discovering it.

Does not mean it's going to be Habbo. They could be co-working on something like they did with that Disney thing. VMK I think it's called.

MrPinkPanther
22-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Does not mean it's going to be Habbo. They could be co-working on something like they did with that Disney thing. VMK I think it's called.
I know but I knew Habbo 2 would grab attention ;). The fact that it says 'Sulake's next generation project' Also hints towards the fact it's theirs, if they were developing the project for another company then they would hire them short term and it says nothing about that and I'm sure they wouldnt hire people just for one project aswell.

Kardan
22-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I know but I knew Habbo 2 would grab attention ;). The fact that it says 'Sulake's next generation project' Also hints towards the fact it's theirs, if they were developing the project for another company then they would hire them short term and it says nothing about that and I'm sure they wouldnt hire people just for one project aswell.

They could be creating another project that's fully theirs? Or they could be doing something with that IRC-Galleria they purchased/took over.

e5
22-01-2008, 04:43 PM
Good find but I doubt it will be Habbo related.

MrPinkPanther
22-01-2008, 04:48 PM
They could be creating another project that's fully theirs? Or they could be doing something with that IRC-Galleria they purchased/took over.
As I said the Habbo 2 was to grab attention. It says its new Virtual world and you know what sulake are like they will probably cash in on the habbo name in some way.

Kardan
22-01-2008, 04:49 PM
As I said the Habbo 2 was to grab attention. It says its new Virtual world and you know what sulake are like they will probably cash in on the habbo name in some way.

I doubt it. That'd be like Asda trying to say 'LOOK AT THIS COOL TIN OF BAKED BEANS' when it's actually spaghetti loops or something. I doubt it will have something to do with the Habbo name if it's not based on it.

Caleb
22-01-2008, 04:50 PM
They may just need a flash developer for their flash ads, and online things, like the change clothing, etc.

MrPinkPanther
22-01-2008, 05:02 PM
They may just need a flash developer for their flash ads, and online things, like the change clothing, etc.
'development of Sulake’s next generation browser-based virtual world platform'
So it cant be that

Kardan the thing is ASDA isnt a games development company. Its like Nintendo, they cash in the mario name with Mario kart, Mario Golf etc. People arent going to play Fogu city or whatever they call their new game in the same numbers as if they made Habbo city.

Meanies
22-01-2008, 05:47 PM
could be interesting.

Maybe it'l be ran from the Habbo offices since UK ones are moving to something bigger? Like Habbo upstairs and this downstairs or something?

Kardan
22-01-2008, 05:49 PM
could be interesting.

Maybe it'l be ran from the Habbo offices since UK ones are moving to something bigger? Like Habbo upstairs and this downstairs or something?

UK offices are moving next door.

jesus
22-01-2008, 05:50 PM
ignore this post pls xo

Meanies
22-01-2008, 05:52 PM
UK offices are moving next door.

oh. thought that was quite a good idea tbh.

i'm presuming you either haven't seen habbo, or meant 'ANOTHER' :rolleyes:

'So we are finally going to see a new MMOCC by sulake!!!'
no? he means we're going to see a NEW one. why should there be another in there. yeah, it'd make it better but that still makes sense to me.

jesus
22-01-2008, 05:54 PM
o yer i dint see the 'new' :rolleyes: one is enough imo, they dont really need another with the money they make from habbo

Invent
22-01-2008, 05:55 PM
Probably just for minifriday.com

lol.

BUUUUUUTTTT. Then again me and a few other people went to a 'secret' meeting with UkChaserAl about future mobile access to Habbo and what we can expect/what we would like. So maybe they are taking the project forward now.

MrPinkPanther
22-01-2008, 07:00 PM
Simon I did think it might be mobile Habbo but few devices currently support flash let alone flash that would give the functions that a Habbo client would need.

ConorRawr
22-01-2008, 08:51 PM
...YEH

It might not necessarily be for the Habbo Online it could be for a Mobile game, Console game or something like that.

Highly doubt it. But could be =D

Mr.Shin
23-01-2008, 10:12 AM
Come on people lets break this down...

'development of Sulake’s next generation browser-based virtual world platform'

First of all the first word is "development".. not create or the creation or anything like that, they are developing something.

Secondly is it not true that habbo is the next gen browser based virtual world? i believe thats how sulake would see it.

Of course im not 100% sure but i would presume that habbo are just looking for more developers towards the next release or version of habbo maybe one of the current programers finished after version 19 and now they need someone new for 20.

And that is how i see it :)

zeJosh
23-01-2008, 10:15 AM
could be interesting.

You are stupid..

Read it.

"Helsinki Finland"

Art
23-01-2008, 02:24 PM
bahaha those little underwater creatures offer hours of enjoyment :>

Edited by --ss-- (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post off-topic ;).

Boonzeet
23-01-2008, 07:29 PM
OLD NEWS. This has been floating around since that accidental email containing a video of it from sulake was sent 2 1/2 years ago.]

However - the staff position aint old news o.o

Invent
23-01-2008, 07:38 PM
OLD NEWS. This has been floating around since that accidental email containing a video of it from sulake was sent 2 1/2 years ago.]

There is no proof it was real and there is no proof that this is about that Habbo 2 thing.

zeJosh
23-01-2008, 07:39 PM

However - the staff position aint old news o.o

There is proof, that Bonzeet, brown noses Sulake staff
and squeezes information from them.

Aflux
23-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Remember that phone-browser '3D' chat client Sulake developed? I bet it has something to do with that, or another sponsored client.

MMo8
24-01-2008, 02:42 AM
If it was another Habbo, then e5 will have another reason not to get out and get a life.

Laurensh1
24-01-2008, 03:22 PM
Remember that phone-browser '3D' chat client Sulake developed? I bet it has something to do with that, or another sponsored client.
That's also 2.5D (MiniFriday & Habbo Islands).

MiniFriday hasn't got anything to do with Habbo :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!