PDA

View Full Version : Web Development Business : Name Ideas

Awfy
22-01-2008, 10:24 PM
Myself and Ryan (Blob) are planning to release a web development business within the up and coming months. This is due to the fact I have a lot of clients ready for sites to be made yet no real identity to put them under. With Ryan working with me we can develop sites both front and back end. Making us a very productive organization.

We wanted a name that is short but sweat (the usual) however it doesn't need to contain the words design, coding or whatever else. It can be completely random as long as it sounds like a web development agencies name.

Our first project will be for a place called The Hub, which is a technology charity offering internet and office services. This will be a free service due to the fact they are a charity and it allows us to gain trust in the areas of our own service. Then we have numerous companies from my local area which have previously been excluded from the online world.

Scania
22-01-2008, 11:48 PM
TheHabbo, That Fansite Thing, This Developement thing..

Get one thing released at a time?

Edited by Aflux (Forum Moderator) - Please do not post anything that doesn't contribute to the thread.

Awfy
23-01-2008, 07:55 AM
Sam, I have about 7 or 8 projects running at one time. If I focused on one I'd have VERY unhappy customers. Unlike you I actually do web development for a living which means I can't focus all my time on Habbo fansites.

Due to my increase of customers, Ryan wanted to open a company together so we could have a name and an identity to go along with our designs. So please get off your high horse and learn you're just a kid.

RangeHost
23-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Sounds very promising. I have sent you a PM regarding this project.

I see see this going far, and I am sure you will be offering good services.

Daza2k8
23-01-2008, 11:22 AM
I'd FULLY Reccomend NOT to let Darren (Rangehost) Anywhere near this project because it sounds like a good idea and as soon as he gets involved the slightest bit you might aswell just scrap it because None likes him unlike you and ryan are well liked.

Thanks

Daza

Edited by Aflux (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be abusive to other forum members.

zeJosh
23-01-2008, 11:31 AM
Darren, aren't you already working with a design studios, with Sean and the other guy?

Edited by Aflux (Forum Moderator) - Please keep to the thread topic.

RangeHost
23-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Daza, I am finding you rather annoying right now.Just because people don't like me, does not mean I can not do work, or bring money into a project.

Josh, I believe I may have a position somewhere, while also running www.darrentoogood.com portfolio for myself. More income, however I also put money into projects too ;)

Awfy
23-01-2008, 02:11 PM
We weren't really after staff due to the fact it's all covered. Myself and Ryan both prefer to work on projects on our own. Therefore I do design and does the code, meaning there isn't other people getting involved only confusing/differing the project.

Turnip
23-01-2008, 03:45 PM
BlofyDESIGNS.
haha, just blended both your names toghther on here.
Hm, im not sure what it could be..
But, i wish you luck with the project, as ive seen your work and you look like the right people to do it. :)

Ini
23-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Will the company be registered?

Awfy
23-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Yes, it will be a registered company. However I do know we won't need it registered till we have a certain amount of income. So this will be left to a later date.

Ini
23-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Doesn't it need to be registered from the day you open, you may want to double check that, i'd hate you to have a fine or get shut down as you two could make this site work

RangeHost
23-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Im not sure why you need to register it as a company...

Awfy
23-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Im not sure why you need to register it as a company...
Yeah, I'm pretty sure about your annual income. If it extends over a certain amount you have to register for Tax purposes.

RangeHost
23-01-2008, 05:34 PM
I see, but isn't that £15,000 :S?

zeJosh
23-01-2008, 05:34 PM
Yeah, you have to be 16 to register it.

Ini
23-01-2008, 05:48 PM
Every company has to be registered, but they only tax you if your earning so much.

RichardKnox
23-01-2008, 06:39 PM
Incorrect. You can register a company at any age and, by law, you are NOT required to register a company. Companies House will give you all the relevant information.

RedCrisps
23-01-2008, 07:48 PM
but arnt hosting sites buisnesses? there companies aswell but half of them arnt registered

Awfy
23-01-2008, 08:27 PM
but arnt hosting sites buisnesses? there companies aswell but half of them arnt registered
You don't legally need to register your company unless you earn over £15,000 from the company or wish to use terms such as LTD or TLC etc. Then you need to register to be legal.

Also I'm 17 anyway, so even if it was restricted to 16 and over I can :P

Aflux
23-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Selling anything is a 'business'. You don't register yourself every time you sell your mate a can of Coca-Cola do you?

Awfy
23-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Selling anything is a 'business'. You don't register yourself every time you sell your mate a can of Coca-Cola do you?
Yes, and we have a paper up here called The Scot-Ads where you can sell stuff much like eBay. So if you had to register as a company to sell stuff at like £100 or whatever, those things would be done for. As no one would be able to sell :P

Caleb
23-01-2008, 10:49 PM
Sam, I have about 7 or 8 projects running at one time. If I focused on one I'd have VERY unhappy customers. Unlike you I actually do web development for a living which means I can't focus all my time on Habbo fansites.

Due to my increase of customers, Ryan wanted to open a company together so we could have a name and an identity to go along with our designs. So please get off your high horse and learn you're just a kid.

LOL I agree.

If you do need any help coding wise, PM me ;)

Ini
23-01-2008, 10:52 PM
eBay is a company which allows you to sell your unwanted goods, but when you are setting up your own company you need to register it..

Say i set up a building company i couldn't do the work and not register becuase i would get arrested for fraud, so i would need to register it..

ANY company earning money needs to register, take paypal they earn money so they have to register and pay tax..

Caleb
23-01-2008, 11:08 PM
eBay is a company which allows you to sell your unwanted goods, but when you are setting up your own company you need to register it..

Say i set up a building company i couldn't do the work and not register becuase i would get arrested for fraud, so i would need to register it..

ANY company earning money needs to register, take paypal they earn money so they have to register and pay tax..
Just becaue you have a company doesn't mean you have to register..

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!