PDA

View Full Version : News Panels

Moh
24-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Well I know most of you are going to say google it, but does any one recommend any news panels appart from cutenews?

Im looking for a news panel with all the same features as cutenews, but just not text based.

Thanks.

Jamieb
24-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Whats up with cutenews also why not ask Invent what happend to YANS

Florx
24-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Joomla, E107, Mambo, Drupal e.t.c.

Check out http://www.opensourcecms.com/

Invent
24-01-2008, 09:07 PM
http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=418512&highlight=YANS is what happened to YANS :P

Although, the last time I saw that thread, I didn't see the last 2 posts...

Anyways, I've re-started my YANS project and it will be released asap as a Devode script :)

Awfy
24-01-2008, 09:44 PM
So you are after another system from the Habbox community, so how long before "COPYRIGHT TO HABBBBBBCRAZY" is printed all over it...?

RedCrisps
24-01-2008, 10:24 PM
So you are after another system from the Habbox community, so how long before "COPYRIGHT TO HABBBBBBCRAZY" is printed all over it...?
LOL :P

Moh
24-01-2008, 11:15 PM
We only put copyright on things which were made by us.
Also do you have some sort of ****** putting 6 B's?

Caleb
24-01-2008, 11:16 PM
Well you are known for ripping and getting quite alot of "inspiration" from other designs/things.

Moh
24-01-2008, 11:19 PM
I actualy don't understand how I have ripped.
With ripping meaning copying audio and video...

So comon, what have I ripped which is audio and or video?

Caleb
24-01-2008, 11:21 PM
Ripping doesn't exactly mean just audio, ripping can mean all sorts of things.. so quit trying to sound smart.

Moh
24-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Ripping doesn't exactly mean just audio, ripping can mean all sorts of things.. so quit trying to sound smart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_audio_extraction

Jordan,
24-01-2008, 11:25 PM
got to say jack since u went to habbcrazy u have "stolen" ideas/desings from other people

Caleb
24-01-2008, 11:26 PM
That is not the only kind of ripping, you can rip carpet out of your house, you can also rip images from the internet using a Photobucket tool called "autoripper."

So again, quit trying to act smart when you are only making yourself look extremely stupid.

Moh
24-01-2008, 11:31 PM
That is not the only kind of ripping, you can rip carpet out of your house, you can also rip images from the internet using a Photobucket tool called "autoripper."

So again, quit trying to act smart when you are only making yourself look extremely stupid.
Your stupid if you think a word can't have more than one meaning.

When we say rip, were refering to thedigital audio extraction.

If your going to go off topic, don't post at all.

Caleb
24-01-2008, 11:33 PM
LOL, no we are not.

There are multiple meanings depending on the enviroment you are in, if you are at a convention of "music pirates" and you say ripping, yes they will think digital audio extraction, but do you know what?

We are not in the flipping music section, we are in the website development forums, speaking about another kind of ripping.

The meaning of "ripping" in "web development" terms, is copying an idea or general object from one person or another.

If I want to go off topic, by golly I will. Some users need to learn what other users do, before they go handing out scripts, to someone who begs and will most probably "rip it."

Ontopic: Fuzion News.

Moh
24-01-2008, 11:36 PM
LOL, no we are not.

There are multiple meanings depending on the enviroment you are in, if you are at a convention of "music pirates" and you say ripping, yes they will think digital audio extraction, but do you know what?

We are not in the flipping music section, we are in the website development forums, speaking about another kind of ripping.

The meaning of "ripping" in "web development" terms, is copying an idea or general object from one person or another.

If I want to go off topic, by golly I will. Some users need to learn what other users do, before they go handing out scripts, to someone who begs and will most probably "rip it."

Ontopic: Fuzion News.
Find me a definition where the word "rip" referees to web design.

Isn't fusion news also text based?

Caleb
24-01-2008, 11:38 PM
No it is not, I do not believe.

It doesn't matter about the definition of the word, it matters about the context it is used in.

The word breasts: it can mean breasts on a woman, or chicken breasts..

Its the context in which it is used, and we are in a website development forum, not the music forum.

The context that is used, is in the terms of ripping an idea or object.

Pat McGroin
24-01-2008, 11:41 PM
You can't trust Wikipedia for everything, users edit it so most of the information could be inaccurate.

Also, since this is the Web Design forum, I would of thought you would of been smart enough to know what Caleb meant by ripping.

Moh
24-01-2008, 11:42 PM
No it is not, I do not believe.

It doesn't matter about the definition of the word, it matters about the context it is used in.

The word breasts: it can mean breasts on a woman, or chicken breasts..

Its the context in which it is used, and we are in a website development forum, not the music forum.

The context that is used, is in the terms of ripping an idea or object.
Yes, but the term rip isn't used in web development.

Also, fusion news dosnt use a database.

Caleb
24-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Yes, but the term rip isn't used in web development.

Also, fusion news dosnt use a database.
Fuzion News does, Fusion News doesn't.

Fuzion News is not free.

You seriously are an idiot if you don't know some basic terms of web development by now, it is used in web development, why not search this forum for the term "ripping."

chrisgocrazyH
25-01-2008, 07:17 AM
Well I know most of you are going to say google it, but does any one recommend any news panels appart from cutenews?

Im looking for a news panel with all the same features as cutenews, but just not text based.

Thanks.

I FOUND a very nice one! open source and editable just gotta make a login page for it lol
http://www.maaking.com/index.php?loadpage=tutorials

RedCrisps
25-01-2008, 08:11 AM
you don't rip you steal if that makes things easier ;]

Jin
25-01-2008, 08:36 AM
In a related meaning, a rip-off is a blatant or unscrupulous copy or imitation. This is also known as a knockoff. In both senses there is an associated verb "to rip off", but the location of the preposition differs between the two meanings:

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff
Source: http://www.answers.com/rip-off&r=67

Therefore "ripped" is a perfectly acceptable as a term to describe any sort of web content that has been copied (and certainly rebranded or copyrighted to a 3rd party)

Awfy
25-01-2008, 10:00 AM
I think you'll find the words "ripped", "ripping" and "rip" in the web development word mean to steal/copy/modify another person's work. Just because if in terms of music, for instance when moving a CD to your hard drive it's called ripping. Doesn't mean that there are other meanings for it. The term may not be dictionary based however it is a industry known word. A lot of industries have their own words for stuff which are never placed in the dictionary. I speak with a Scots Toungue, none of the words I use appear in the Oxford Dictionary so does that make it wrong and mean no one can understand me? No, as where I'm from everyone speaks in the same dialect. So quit trying to be smart;

You rip...

Moh
25-01-2008, 06:06 PM
If you think "ripping" is using the same colours then I ripped.

If that's how I "ripped", looks like Simon ripped:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer)
www.stage6.com (http://www.stage6.com)

Plus many more.

OMG SIMON RIPPED! I think we should call the police as the colours are the same.

I think you will also notice that the coding is completely different.

We have already discussed this weeks ago, and yet you still wish to start arguments?

I guess that's the only way you can argue without been physically injured.

Awfy
25-01-2008, 08:56 PM
If you think "ripping" is using the same colours then I ripped.

If that's how I "ripped", looks like Simon ripped:
www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer (http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer)
www.stage6.com (http://www.stage6.com)

Plus many more.

OMG SIMON RIPPED! I think we should call the police as the colours are the same.

I think you will also notice that the coding is completely different.

We have already discussed this weeks ago, and yet you still wish to start arguments?

I guess that's the only way you can argue without been physically injured.
No the colours weren't the same, they were only part of it. You ripped the style, design, coding, setup and now trying to steal another system.

Caleb
25-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ripoff
Source: http://www.answers.com/rip-off&r=67

Therefore "ripped" is a perfectly acceptable as a term to describe any sort of web content that has been copied (and certainly rebranded or copyrighted to a 3rd party)

I think you'll find the words "ripped", "ripping" and "rip" in the web development word mean to steal/copy/modify another person's work. Just because if in terms of music, for instance when moving a CD to your hard drive it's called ripping. Doesn't mean that there are other meanings for it. The term may not be dictionary based however it is a industry known word. A lot of industries have their own words for stuff which are never placed in the dictionary. I speak with a Scots Toungue, none of the words I use appear in the Oxford Dictionary so does that make it wrong and mean no one can understand me? No, as where I'm from everyone speaks in the same dialect. So quit trying to be smart;

You rip...

No the colours weren't the same, they were only part of it. You ripped the style, design, coding, setup and now trying to steal another system.

Owned.

Moh
25-01-2008, 09:59 PM

The style is based on Habbo

The Design is simlar, but not the same

And I though some one like you would know the difference between tables and divs

The set up is the same as every site, and has been the same setup I have been using for over 1 year now.

Caleb
25-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Its easy to know the difference between a table from a DIV:

<table>

and

<div>

If you know that much, man Jack.. your are a real coder!

Moh
26-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Its easy to know the difference between a table from a DIV:

<table>
and

<div>
If you know that much, man Jack.. your are a real coder!

Then how did I steal the coding when Simons are in Divs and mine are in Tables.

and what was the last bit supose to say? I didn't understand it.

Caleb
26-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Then how did I steal the coding when Simons are in Divs and mine are in Tables.

and what was the last bit supose to say? I didn't understand it.
Maybe when you grow up you will understand it.

I did not, say you stole the coding, I said you stole the design. The style, colors, etc. Its not all about the coding.

Just because you code in "crappy DIVs", that look awful when you use them, unlike some, doesn't make you good.

Moh
26-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Maybe when you grow up you will understand it.

I did not, say you stole the coding, I said you stole the design. The style, colors, etc. Its not all about the coding.

Just because you code in "crappy DIVs", that look awful when you use them, unlike some, doesn't make you good.
In which post did I say I can code in divs?

I know you didn't say I stole the coding, but Awfy did.

Also, if you actualy look at the layouts, the colours are different, simular but different.
I I had stolen the design, there would be no difference, and you can clearly see theres a difference.
The only thing which is the same is the white inner border, which is 1 px wide. And as far as I know, a 1 px square is not stealing.

Caleb
26-01-2008, 02:50 PM
In which post did I say I can code in divs?

I know you didn't say I stole the coding, but Awfy did.

Also, if you actualy look at the layouts, the colours are different, simular but different.
I I had stolen the design, there would be no difference, and you can clearly see theres a difference.
The only thing which is the same is the white inner border, which is 1 px wide. And as far as I know, a 1 px square is not stealing.
Well if you wanted to commend on Awfy's post, quote him, and not me, because I could care less about the coding, because it is the front-end of it that matters.

I did look at the layouts, multiple times, you are a ripper, you have ripped in the past, and this time isn't different. There is a difference, you just can't see it because you are so worked up on the fact that you didn't do it, yet you did.

Calm down, take a look at it again, admin it does look the same, and get some original ideas.

chrisgocrazyH
27-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Omgg is this a Ripping thread or a News System Thread Like c/om guys

Back On topic: ill be happy to make that newsystem above secure?

Jackboy
27-01-2008, 11:32 AM
Yeh Jack u r being immature. "Ripping is cds" etc.

I never seen any of ur site, or w/e but at least admit you ripped rather than playing dumb "isn't ripping lykewhen i tear paper lyke"

Just admit it.

On Subject: Simons news Ajax feature p00ns, and the swear filter, use it and mess around with code

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!