PDA

View Full Version : Latency Problem

Stitch
25-01-2008, 10:51 PM
I got WoW today after my trial finished yesterday and I start playing and my latency goes up to like 1000 ms. I just assumed it was my internet because my internet is really bad at the moment so I came off and tried going on the internet and it working perfectly fine for ages. I go back on and its still the same.

Im not saying it can't be my internet but if it isn't my internet what else could it be that is causing this problem?

Nemo
25-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Make sure you're not downloading anything or running anything in the background, check in ctrl alt del.

Danzilla
26-01-2008, 01:23 AM
Try closing eveything, thats might help. Especially is you have 'Nortans Antivirus' it makes your compter run extreamly slow.
Other then that i not sure, as you say it might be your slow internet. :]

Wig44.
26-01-2008, 10:04 AM
There was a change made to the algorithms used to send and receive data to and from the servers recently which blizzard thought would speed things up but it did the opposite and everyones latency has increased a bit. Though 1000ms is too high for it to be that. Are you on kilrogg? And also, it might just be that day or background applications.

Edit: Looked at 2.3.2 patch notes. They removed the nagle algorithm, knew they did something of the sort. Nagle reduces the number of packets sent.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!