PDA

View Full Version : Keeping your account safer

e5
26-01-2008, 05:08 PM
I think what habbo should do is, to prevent more hacking is to make habbo's have pin numbers to get on the client. So what could happen is this:

Name: e5
Password: ********
*Homepage loads*
*Logs onto client*
--before your habbo comes up-
-Enter pin 4 digit pin here-
*enters pin*
ON HOTEL.

I think it would be prevent peoples accounts getting hacked, or reduce the amount. Reason I say you need to put it on the client is becuase you need to be able to create/edit one first.

And you can't log on the client until you can created a pin.

The pin would be editable in the "edit settings" bit ;).

GoldenMerc
26-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Its impossible to be safe on Habbo anymore people like **** just ruin people's fun ;)
But yes i agree

e5
26-01-2008, 05:12 PM
Its impossible to be safe on Habbo anymore people like **** just ruin people's fun ;)
But yes i agree
Yeah but I don't think theres much of a way to crack peoples pin by other than guessing it? and to edit it you need to put your current pin in, DOB and pw.

@xP
26-01-2008, 05:16 PM
good idea .

basically it's like 2 passwords

e5
26-01-2008, 05:18 PM
good idea .

basically it's like 2 passwords
Yep but the pin or more safer in a way.

jesus
26-01-2008, 05:19 PM
if you got keylogged, thats just giving it the hackers rly aint it

@xP
26-01-2008, 05:24 PM

agreed.

it wouldn't make a difference.
if people get scammed by the give me ur pass. it willl change to give me ur pass and pin,

e5
26-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Well yes, but people don't use keyloggers much anymore, well some losers do but ..

agreed.

it wouldn't make a difference.
if people get scammed by the give me ur pass. it willl change to give me ur pass and pin,
It will still prevent it more.

jesus
26-01-2008, 05:33 PM
also if it can be edited on settings, they will get the pass and just edit it wont they :S

e5
26-01-2008, 05:39 PM
also if it can be edited on settings, they will get the pass and just edit it wont they :S
No because they need:

Current Pin
DOB
Pssword
New pin

Naruto!
26-01-2008, 05:41 PM
Most people get hacked through keyloggers. All that would happen is it would be more effort for the hackers as they would have to input more details!
The only thing that might work is that if there was a PIN that couldn't be changed and you only needed password to login. Then your PIN would act like a recovery message.

e5
26-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah that could also would, or they could to both, pin needed to log in and then like a word for recovery.

jesus
26-01-2008, 05:51 PM
mail it to habbo :)

Invent
26-01-2008, 05:57 PM
This idea has been thought up of SO MANY times and in the end it's no more secure than just having a password.

The most common technique of finding someones pass is through a keylogger. I guess it will cut down the use of fake logins but still I don't see it helping massively otherwise Habbo would have added it by now.

Gangster
26-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Good idea but if you were to get keylogged, then the keylogger will just see your pin.

e5
26-01-2008, 06:22 PM
Good idea but if you were to get keylogged, then the keylogger will just see your pin.
Only if you type it ;)

Duck Hunt
26-01-2008, 06:27 PM
Or A "Remember Me" For PIN On Your Computer For that Acc... Tht Way u Wont Need To Type It And Hackers Cant Get Onto ur Acc From Their Comp Because They Couldnt Get The Pin.

e5
26-01-2008, 06:39 PM
I've sent my idea to Habbo now :).

Shrile
26-01-2008, 09:15 PM
noobs would put in 1234
or 1111
and any simple brucer can bruce a 4 number pin

e5
26-01-2008, 09:28 PM
noobs would put in 1234
or 1111
and any simple brucer can bruce a 4 number pin
1. People aren't that stupid
2. It's brute
LOOOOOOOOL.

Robby
26-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Did clubtropica give you this idea? :)

and maybe there could be like a keypad on the client and buttons so you dont have to type anything out just click, this may stop keyloggers getting the pin

Invent
26-01-2008, 09:51 PM
and maybe there could be like a keypad on the client and buttons so you dont have to type anything out just click, this may stop keyloggers getting the pin

I just came into this thread to post that idea.

If you had to click the numbers then it would help a lot :)

Decode
26-01-2008, 10:00 PM
It would be pointless becuase a pin number is like a password but only has 9999 options where as a password can have millions.

e5
26-01-2008, 10:00 PM
I just came into this thread to post that idea.

If you had to click the numbers then it would help a lot :)
yep that could be good actually :D

Robby
26-01-2008, 10:20 PM
if there was buttons you couldnt exactly brute it :P

Blissa
31-01-2008, 12:06 PM
I have had the same idea several times. :) So I really like this idea, however like Invent said if you actually clicked the numbers in a certain combination then perhaps it would be better because as far as I know there's no such thing as a Clicklogger. lol. I was also thinking that you could activate and de-activate your pin, so if you fear you are being hacked, just activate the pin number and they won't be able to get in. Or maybe there should be something so when you're inside the Hotel, you can click something on the Homepage and ask you to enter your pin again for verification? and if it's wrong you get booted off the Hotel?

Great idea though. +Rep.

Chaad
14-02-2008, 02:44 PM
or maybe summit like what they do online banks
where you have to choose a letter say the 3rd from a memorable word, if u use dorp down boxes wouldnt it reduce hacking through keyloggers?

Black_Apalachi
16-02-2008, 02:18 AM
So it's just two passwords but the everyone knows the second only consists of numbers and probably only three digits?

Yeah that would probably make me actually quit for good.

I recently started using Firefox and it saves your password for you so you don't need to type it. I think that's the best answer :).

Edit: Naomi's optional pin feature is good actually.

e5
16-02-2008, 12:09 PM
Did clubtropica give you this idea? :)

No, I posted the idea before CT did it and I like was :@:@

So it's just two passwords but the everyone knows the second only consists of numbers and probably only three digits?

Yeah that would probably make me actually quit for good.

I recently started using Firefox and it saves your password for you so you don't need to type it. I think that's the best answer :).

Edit: Naomi's optional pin feature is good actually.
Yeah but you'd have to click the numbers ;)

Ardemax
16-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Keyloggers will see everything that's sent into the computer?
That's what I've learnt anyway.
But if you had the numbers like, I don't know, a RuneScape Bank Pin, where everytime you click a number it moves around sort of thing, then it just might work.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!