PDA

View Full Version : BIG WEEKLY QUESTION - Nintendo Wii Zapper, good or not?

Neil
26-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Purple is like busy so he asked me to put the question up

The Nintendo Wii Zapper (http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Zapper-Links-Crossbow-Training/dp/B000W5Y49G), do you like it or dislike it? What are your views on it?

---

Personally I think it's quite a good idea but I reading on here I heard it wasn't designed very well

Niall!
27-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Purple is like busy so he asked me to put the question up

The Nintendo Wii Zapper (http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Zapper-Links-Crossbow-Training/dp/B000W5Y49G), do you like it or dislike it? What are your views on it?

---

Personally I think it's quite a good idea but I reading on here I heard it wasn't designed very well

No, the perfect shot which was rated higher than the zapper, is WAY better.

Ekalb
28-01-2008, 02:51 AM
Thats not the question Death Note, although the Perfect Shot is better in most peoples opinions the question is if the Zapper is good or not.
With the zapper basic idea and the wii being the only console that can do it these days we can relive the joys of playing favourite light gun games like Duck Hunt, Time Crisis, House of Dead (has been made for the wii with wii zapper), Ghost squad (has been made for the wii with wii zapper) and many more.

Having a component that houses the wiimote and the nunchuck in a comfortable way like the zapper does it very useful and allows for more immserion into a game (eg. MoH H2 - putting the zapper on your shoulder like a bazooka, pumping it like a shotgun).
The Zapper peripheral that Nintendo released can be improved however.
I've heard of ways in which the perfect shot better it and one of those are that you can line up the gun peripheral with your target and use it like iron sights which the zapper does not allow.

Another criticism of the zapper is it's shape. It doesn't look too much like a gun but thats the best Nintendo could have made it with the people in our world who would have complained about it familiarising children with real guns. It does have a smooth and comfortable design in my opinion and assembling it is easy.

The basic idea is good, the games being made for it are really intuitive and the design is okay but could be improved but hey - thats what third parties could be useful for :P oh btw its cheap too

There's my very long two cents on the zapper.

Simmzay
29-01-2008, 12:07 AM
A peripheral that offers little and bears little staying power. Although if you edit settings to make Wii 1:1 it could be useful.

Andeeh
03-02-2008, 05:50 PM
Its quite good.

but have u seen all those rubbish copies like the "Blaster" the zapper is fun and makes u feel more like its a gun

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!