PDA

View Full Version : Chickens

mrplahay
26-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Please sign up to www.chickenout.tv (http://www.chickenout.tv). Every time you sign up your name goes up on this flash thing and a chicken in real life gets free'd from a cage to free range.
STOP BATTERY CHICKENS!!!!!!!!!!!!:(

O
26-01-2008, 11:50 PM
You shouldn't have to sign up to anything, they should be free'd anyway. It's making people feel guilty by forcing people to do stuff when it's easier for them to just do it..

Hitman
26-01-2008, 11:57 PM
I doubt it's real anyway, probably just a way to get traffic... if they were freeing chickens shouldn't they just free them all anyway?

Smiddy
26-01-2008, 11:58 PM
Cos they're really going to free them at midnight on a sunday morning aren't they.

Technologic
27-01-2008, 12:44 AM
Umm.. have you been watching the news lately..

Battery farmed eggs are to be abnned by 2012

mrplahay
27-01-2008, 12:46 AM
http://www.chickenout.tv/not-convinced.html

im buying 2 pet chickys for my garden
www.omlet.co.uk

Firehorse
27-01-2008, 10:20 AM

www.omlet.co.uk (http://www.omlet.co.uk)

kl, those chicken huts look more like they were designed for fashion than chickens.

Jord
27-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Umm.. have you been watching the news lately..

Battery farmed eggs are to be abnned by 2012

I was gonna say tht lol

Corporal
27-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I bet you will still eat at KFC and eat your chicken sandwich for lunch?

mrplahay
27-01-2008, 04:12 PM
I bet you will still eat at KFC and eat your chicken sandwich for lunch?

m8 i never said im not going to eat it. i said that they should be free'd from like 20 off them in a tiny cage and being forced to lay eggs.

Edited by opensourcehost (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post pointlessly.

Charlie
27-01-2008, 04:23 PM
What does it matter? For every chicken they release another one will be put it in it's place. Therefore it's a never ending cycle and a waste of time.

Virgin Mary
27-01-2008, 05:09 PM
The method of death doesn't deter from the fact it's going to die at the end of the day anyway.

mrplahay
27-01-2008, 05:14 PM
no but it aint nice to keep them all squashed up.

you wouldnt like it if you where squashed in a wardrobe with 20 other people and no room to move about and forced to do things.
it is better if the chicken can go where it wants and wander and do what it wans:eusa_whis

Virgin Mary
27-01-2008, 05:19 PM
It's still like chicken run though

FlyingJesus
27-01-2008, 05:28 PM

you wouldnt like it if you where squashed in a wardrobe with 20 other people and no room to move about and forced to do things.
it is better if the chicken can go where it wants and wander and do what it wans:eusa_whis

Umm, they're chickens.

Niall!
27-01-2008, 05:30 PM

Yes we would, that would be ******* awesome..

Umm, they're chickens.

Lol

Corporal
27-01-2008, 05:37 PM
m8 i never said im not going to eat it. i said that they should be free'd from like 20 off them in a tiny cage and being forced to lay eggs.
But your still supporting it.
Just because you click a link doesnt mean your a better person.
Because you stil support it by buying it.
BY the way, please get your facts right
Its 4/5 not 20.

mrplahay
27-01-2008, 05:45 PM
im not supporting battery chickens.
when i buy i always buy free range or get them from my nans farm

Corporal
27-01-2008, 05:54 PM
im not supporting battery chickens.
when i buy i always buy free range or get them from my nans farm
What sorta eggs do you think they put in food you buy?

mrplahay
28-01-2008, 04:02 PM
it is not hard to read the label on the back. if it contains eggs it will say from caged or free range

Corporal
28-01-2008, 04:25 PM
it is not hard to read the label on the back. if it contains eggs it will say from caged or free range
LMAO!!!!
thats a very rare thing to see, please show me some packets that say that?

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 04:27 PM
LMAO!!!!
thats a very rare thing to see, please show me some packets that say that?

Supermarket.

They do have them :rolleyes:. I rather get chickens who are free ranged.

How do you think if you was a human, being eaten by some strange alien, and 20 humans were in a phonebox. Would you like it?

Hitman
28-01-2008, 04:30 PM
LMAO!!!!
thats a very rare thing to see, please show me some packets that say that?LMAO!!!!!!!

No it's not rare at all, most egg boxes say if it's free range...

today
28-01-2008, 04:36 PM
i work at a food hall and we sell free range and caged eggs, seperatly with clear labels and the caged eggs sell quicker then free range.

That tells you how many people really care. lol.

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 04:38 PM
i work at a food hall and we sell free range and caged eggs, seperatly with clear labels and the caged eggs sell quicker then free range.

That tells you how many people really care. lol.

Becasue free range cost more.

today
28-01-2008, 04:39 PM
Becasue free range cost more.
5p extra.

Free range -> £1.15
Caged Eggs -> £1.10

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 04:44 PM
5p extra.

Free range -> £1.15
Caged Eggs -> £1.10

around here it costs a quid more.

but you can see how much people care about 5p.

I think it the way stores put them, if they put the caged ones right at the start, then more people are gonna get them ^_^

Corporal
28-01-2008, 04:47 PM
LMAO!!!!!!!

No it's not rare at all, most egg boxes say if it's free range...
But im not on about egg boxes:s
Im on about ready meals, cakes that sorta thing:)

today
28-01-2008, 04:54 PM
around here it costs a quid more.

but you can see how much people care about 5p.

I think it the way stores put them, if they put the caged ones right at the start, then more people are gonna get them ^_^

It makes no difference, customers walk around the shop. We have a egg table infront of the door nearly, with caged/free range on (as said with massive labels) and customers dont really care, yes some asked what happened to them with that tv program, as all our products are locally created. But caged eggs sell more.

If anything they cost more.

Free ranged box -> £1.10
Caged "larger" eggs for six -> £1.15
"Special Eggs" (Caged) -> £1.50

They are our top three sellers, and the caged eggs sell quicker as you pick the eggs, and they have the 'code' on to say there caged. No one cares around me.

FlyingJesus
28-01-2008, 05:03 PM
How do you think if you was a human, being eaten by some strange alien, and 20 humans were in a phonebox. Would you like it?

Obviously not but that's not happening. Also humans are sentient creatures whilst chickens aren't.

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 05:05 PM
Obviously not but that's not happening. Also humans are sentient creatures whilst chickens aren't.

So what? :rolleyes:

They still got feelings.

Technologic
28-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Anyway, we are the dominent species..

When chickens rule they can do what the **** they like but for the moment we make the decisions..

today
28-01-2008, 05:07 PM

When chickens rule they can do what the **** they like but for the moment we make the decisions..
Nice attutide mister :) +rep.

Abbie.
28-01-2008, 05:07 PM
they're only chickens...

lol.. i bet everyones going to attack me now ;p

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 05:08 PM

Let make all the idiots suffer then.

Corporal
28-01-2008, 05:09 PM

Aye, but cant we make ones that give them a better life?

FlyingJesus
28-01-2008, 05:09 PM
So what? :rolleyes:

They still got feelings.

No they don't, that's the point.

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 05:10 PM
No they don't, that's the point.

Oh god.

You think they dont have feelings?

LOL

Abbie.
28-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Oh god.

You think they dont have feelings?

LOL

y would they have feelings?
they're chickens......

FlyingJesus
28-01-2008, 05:11 PM
You think they do? All they can do is react instinctively - of course they shy away from pain, all living things do (even plants to an extent), but they don't have rational thoughts and emotions.

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 05:12 PM
y would they have feelings?
they're chickens......]

They are a living thing.

DaveTaylor
28-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Every living thing has feelings:
A tree "crys" when you cut it via the sap.
A flower wiltards when you pull out its petals thata form of feelings...

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 05:14 PM
You think they do? All they can do is react instinctively - of course they shy away from pain, all living things do (even plants to an extent), but they don't have rational thoughts and emotions.

Still feelings dude.

They have feelings of being in a cage.

Corporal
28-01-2008, 05:14 PM
But still just because they dont doesnt mean we have to treat them like that? At the end of the day you can tell when a chicken is happier and its ussaly when they are free range. Same with the meat you eat.

DaveTaylor
28-01-2008, 05:15 PM
+rep coporal i was thinking of free range aswell :P

FlyingJesus
28-01-2008, 05:16 PM

Every living thing has feelings:
A tree "crys" when you cut it via the sap.
A flower wiltards when you pull out its petals thata form of feelings...

As I said, it's all instinctive, and in fact with your analogies not even that - just chemical. Tree sap is like blood and also a cleansing thing to stop the "wound" getting infected or whatever, and pulling off petals from flowers means they have to put more energy into growing new ones, hence wilting because they don't have the energy elsewhere.

edit: reacting badly to something is not the same as having feelings. Sodium fizzing in water does not make sodium have feelings.

Corporal
28-01-2008, 05:19 PM
As I said, it's all instinctive, and in fact with your analogies not even that - just chemical. Tree sap is like blood and also a cleansing thing to stop the "wound" getting infected or whatever, and pulling off petals from flowers means they have to put more energy into growing new ones, hence wilting because they don't have the energy elsewhere.

edit: reacting badly to something is not the same as having feelings. Sodium fizzing in water does not make sodium have feelings.
So im guessing you have nothing to say to my post?

Virgin Mary
28-01-2008, 05:21 PM
How is free range nice anyway? All it means is they aren't enclosed when they're in a shed or whatever.

Corporal
28-01-2008, 05:25 PM
How is free range nice anyway? All it means is they aren't enclosed when they're in a shed or whatever.
Chickens like to be outside as they can get acess to worms etc, also they are in the fresh air which is better.

Virgin Mary
28-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Chickens like to be outside as they can get acess to worms etc, also they are in the fresh air which is better.
They're rarely let outside.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 05:38 PM

www.omlet.co.uk (http://www.omlet.co.uk)

chickens are NOT pets :S

FlyingJesus
28-01-2008, 05:41 PM
So im guessing you have nothing to say to my post?

Yeah I say it doesn't matter - they're bred and killed for food, and farmers aren't exactly gonna make friends with all their chickens so why would they care? It's like asking crop farmers to give each individual plant more space so they can be happier.

Corporal
28-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Yeah I say it doesn't matter - they're bred and killed for food, and farmers aren't exactly gonna make friends with all their chickens so why would they care? It's like asking crop farmers to give each individual plant more space so they can be happier.
Actually lots of farmers do care. When we had foot and mouth some of them tried to kill themselfs.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 05:44 PM

its NOTHING like that :l

are crops animals and do they have feelings?

NO...

today
28-01-2008, 05:48 PM

NO...
How do we know they dont?

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 05:49 PM
How do we know they dont?

well because they dont have a brain, they have no muscles :S

what a stupid thing to say :S

Technologic
28-01-2008, 05:51 PM
When i see a chicken laugh i will accept that they have feelings.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 05:54 PM
When i see a chicken laugh i will accept that they have feelings.

what so when a person goes to kill a chicken it flaps and sqauwks for no reason...

cos its not scared or frightened is it no of course not!

being picked up by person whose about 10 times its size it just doesnt think does it - ...

:S

velvet
28-01-2008, 06:15 PM
i hate it when people use the
'BUT ANIMALZZZ AV FEELINGZ' argument, when they blatantly have no clue what they're talking about. Plus, they're usually the people who follow organisations like PETA, which speaks for itself really.
There's no proof that animals are self aware and understand emotions and pain.
If you hit an animal ofcourse it will ''cry'' and move away, but that's more to do with survival than pain as we feel it, ofcourse their muscles will contract due to an outside stimulus, just like when you touch something hot and you automatically move your hand away before you get burnt.
And before someone says 'omg you don't care about animals' or something, i'm vegan. I'm just not deluded and have explored both sides of this argument which seems to go on and on and on.

Technologic
28-01-2008, 06:57 PM
what so when a person goes to kill a chicken it flaps and sqauwks for no reason...

cos its not scared or frightened is it no of course not!

being picked up by person whose about 10 times its size it just doesnt think does it - ...

:S
The flapping is a way of deterring predators and the squawking is a way of warning other chickens.

Still no feeling...

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 07:24 PM
'BUT ANIMALZZZ AV FEELINGZ' argument, when they blatantly have no clue what they're talking about. Plus, they're usually the people who follow organisations like PETA, which speaks for itself really.
If you hit an animal ofcourse it will ''cry'' and move away, but that's more to do with survival than pain as we feel it, ofcourse their muscles will contract due to an outside stimulus, just like when you touch something hot and you automatically move your hand away before you get burnt.
And before someone says 'omg you don't care about animals' or something, i'm vegan. I'm just not deluded and have explored both sides of this argument which seems to go on and on and on.

i have 10 chickens thank you very much

and they have feelings tyvm....

i bet none of you have even touched one or seen one that isnt on ur plate. :l

velvet
28-01-2008, 07:26 PM

and they have feelings *** :S

atleast attempt to prove my argument wrong then...
and why does the fact that you have chickens mean they are sentient beings?

edit; and yes, i have seen and touched ome that isn't on a plate, i agree they're good pets and do form bonds and such with their owners. However so do cats and dogs, which though are seen as 'pets' here, are eaten in other countrys.

and cheers for the grey rep and 'noob' comment ;)

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 07:31 PM
atleast attempt to prove my argument wrong then...
and why does the fact that you have chickens mean they are sentient beings?

because i know how they act and what they are like....

velvet
28-01-2008, 07:36 PM
because i know how they act and what they are like....

That has nothing to do with how their brain functions, that's just your perception. As a human, we like to think our pets understand us, and think the same as us. Though if you look at their responses to the world around, you can see they arn't as aware as you'd like to think.

today
28-01-2008, 07:37 PM

and they have feelings tyvm....

i bet none of you have even touched one or seen one that isnt on ur plate. :l

Sorry budd, i have.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 07:40 PM
That has nothing to do with how their brain functions, that's just your perception. As a human, we like to think our pets understand us, and think the same as us. Though if you look at their responses to the world around, you can see they arn't as aware as you'd like to think.

i am not talking about pets understanding us - i am saying how they have feelings and are frightened or worried... or even happier if they are outside rather than cooped up...

and hollywood... gd 4 u.

and cheers for the grey rep and 'noob' comment ;)

anytime ;)

oh and jade where do u get ur basis that they dont have feelings

Virgin Mary
28-01-2008, 07:46 PM
You can apply that logic to babies and people in vegetative states though. I think it's just basic ethics.

velvet
28-01-2008, 07:48 PM
i am not talking about pets understanding us - i am saying how they have feelings and are frightened or worried... or even happier if they are outside rather than cooped up...

and hollywood... gd 4 u.

anytime ;)

oh and jade where do u get ur basis that they dont have feelings

Not once have i said they don't have feelings.
However they don't have emotions and feelings like humans do, it's all about survival. I'm sure the chickens don't think 'Gee, I wish I was outside right now' as they arn't advanced enough to have thought processes like a human would. A chicken may appear ''happier'' outside as it can display more of it's natural behaviours.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Not once have i said they don't have feelings.
However they don't have emotions and feelings like humans do, it's all about survival. I'm sure the chickens don't think 'Gee, I wish I was outside right now' as they arn't advanced enough to have thought processes like a human would. A chicken may appear ''happier'' outside as it can display more of it's natural behaviours.

i never said they had feelings and emotions like humans do... and of course they dont think that cos they dont really no any better.. but if they are let out for a day then caged in you would see much different behaviour and would show they have some feelings about where they are...

tbh we are basically saying the same thing in different ways :S

velvet
28-01-2008, 07:57 PM
i never said they had feelings and emotions like humans do... and of course they dont think that cos they dont really no any better.. but if they are let out for a day then caged in you would see much different behaviour and would show they have some feelings about where they are...

tbh we are basically saying the same thing in different ways :S

sort of yes,
however in an earlier post you said that you knew chickens were sentient beings because of 'how they act and what they are like'
but i respect your opinions and such (:

Warezkid2
28-01-2008, 07:59 PM
I seen cows cry.

I bet you that chickens will cry.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I seen cows cry.

I bet you that chickens will cry.

i wont go as far as saying they cry if they are upset but maybe if there is something in their eye.

*removed*

Posts merged by Immenseman (Forum Moderator) due to forum lag :).

Technologic
28-01-2008, 08:12 PM
Humans eat meat. Humans eat chickens. Humans eat animals. Humans are clever. humans keep animals to eat. This saves humans valuable time.

Chicken dont eat meat. Chickens have small brains. Chickens have no feelings.

At least we don't rip them to shreds like foxes...

Abbie.
28-01-2008, 08:18 PM
Humans eat meat. Humans eat chickens. Humans eat animals. Humans are clever. humans keep animals to eat. This saves humans valuable time.

agreed... :]

Corporal
28-01-2008, 08:37 PM

Nope we mentally torture them.
Anyway, how does it matter how they die.
You said they dont feel pain?

Technologic
28-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Nope we mentally torture them.
Anyway, how does it matter how they die.
You said they dont feel pain?
No, i said they have no emotional feelings. Of course they feel pain.

FatherFrog
28-01-2008, 09:50 PM

don't even get me started on those vile pieces of REMOVED

i go fox hunting btw...

:D

to kill the REMOVED things

Edited by REDNECK (forum moderator): Do not avoid the filter on Habbox Forum.

MagicalPixie
28-01-2008, 10:20 PM
agreed... :]
I agree 2. xo :]

FlyingJesus
28-01-2008, 11:04 PM

NO...

Crops are just as alive as animals and if you knew anything about biology you'd know that plants react to many many things, so it's just as valid an argument

Actually lots of farmers do care. When we had foot and mouth some of them tried to kill themselfs.

Because they suffered so much financially.

Entirely correct.

Corporal
28-01-2008, 11:50 PM
Because they suffered so much financially.

Not just that actually.

Virgin Mary
29-01-2008, 10:37 AM
don't even get me started on those vile pieces of REMOVED

i go fox hunting btw...

:D

to kill the REMOVED things

Edited by REDNECK (forum moderator): Do not avoid the filter on Habbox Forum.
So you're a hypocrite =)

Just as I expected.

mrplahay
29-01-2008, 04:05 PM
bet u would hate this if u where the chickens

http://youtube.com/watch?v=H4_R5sGHIGo

Asher
29-01-2008, 06:27 PM
where are you peta activists. set them free, now!!

FatherFrog
29-01-2008, 07:01 PM
So you're a hypocrite =)

Just as I expected.

no i am not.

Virgin Mary
29-01-2008, 07:06 PM
no i am not.
Well I guess not but I don't agree with it still.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!