PDA

View Full Version : NCX Laboratories - What Your Reckon?

Awfy
27-01-2008, 11:36 AM
If you've been reading my threads then you'll know I'm opening a web development company/site. So this is my first attempt at a layout for it. I didn't want anything flashy and over done. I wanted to keep it simple, nice easy shapes with big clear navigation. I based the layout on a previous layout of mine which was changed to a different one. Some of you may have seen it on Kurby.

Still if you have any suggestions please post them now so I can fling the good ones in before I complete it!

VIEW HERE (http://www.ncxlabs.com/)

Just wish Ryan would work on the site :( Need the systems coded soon.

I do apologize for my terrible grammar in the thread title, didn't notice it :P

Aflux
27-01-2008, 11:39 AM
I think the whole header is too big and the shadow looks a little cheesy.

Awfy
27-01-2008, 11:41 AM
I think the whole header is too big and the shadow looks a little cheesy.
Well, what I was planning to do with the header is. On the homepage it will stay that size, however on all the rest of the pages it will be a smaller version.

Aflux
27-01-2008, 11:42 AM
It might work - I still think there needs to be more introduction to colour, less light but that's my opinion (:

Awfy
27-01-2008, 11:44 AM
It might work - I still think there needs to be more introduction to colour, less light but that's my opinion (:
More introduction, what do you mean by that?

As in bringing more colour to the page?

Jamieb
27-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Its Very sexy Welldone!

Awfy
27-01-2008, 12:18 PM
Its Very sexy Welldone!

loserWILL
27-01-2008, 01:57 PM
It's looking good Greg, but some images are too big. (e.g. the one that has "ncx" on it, as being to big screws up the hover).

Assassinator
27-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Very very nice, Rep+ if i can:)

DarrenToogood
27-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Impressive, however all your work seems to have the same kind of 'in your face, bold' theme about it.

7/10

Scania
27-01-2008, 03:20 PM
I've said this before and it got denied, but all your work seems to look the same? You go for the same colours etc, font etc.

Its not too bad.

L!nK..
27-01-2008, 03:28 PM
I've said this before and it got denied, but all your work seems to look the same? You go for the same colours etc, font etc.

Its not too bad.

I was thinking the same, he goes for the same style which is boring.

QuickScriptz
27-01-2008, 03:40 PM
Impressive, however all your work seems to have the same kind of 'in your face, bold' theme about it.

So let me be #4 to say the same thing. Especially when 2 of the sites in your portfolio use the same colour green as your logo.... be diverse! Habits aren't always good!

Also, the logo is too big and so is your contact form.

lolwut
27-01-2008, 03:41 PM
It's a good layout, looks nice and clean and Web 2.0.
But what I think is you should have something similar to HabboLake's site.
What I mean by that is there's the banner and navigation like normal, but there should be a frame below it with the content on, so like... the page changes but the navigation and banner would always be there.
If you did, you might have to make the banner and nav etc. a little smaller?

But that's just me.

Scania
27-01-2008, 03:45 PM

So let me be #4 to say the same thing. Especially when 2 of the sites in your portfolio use the same colour green as your logo.... be diverse! Habits aren't always good!

Also, the logo is too big and so is your contact form.

Thank god, atleast someone agrees with me.

Aflux
27-01-2008, 04:05 PM

7/10
Welcome to post-2004.

Awfy
27-01-2008, 04:51 PM
I always use the same colours as they work. The colours I use basically show that it's my site and no one else bothers to use them, as they are quite hard to make work on a website. Plus the fact all my designs use a different font. Not one of them are the same :l

Please only comment on a design if you know about design, thanks (i.e sam) :)

Agnostic Bear
27-01-2008, 04:57 PM
If you've been reading my threads then you'll know I'm opening a web development company/site. So this is my first attempt at a layout for it. I didn't want anything flashy and over done. I wanted to keep it simple, nice easy shapes with big clear navigation. I based the layout on a previous layout of mine which was changed to a different one. Some of you may have seen it on Kurby.

Still if you have any suggestions please post them now so I can fling the good ones in before I complete it!

VIEW HERE (http://www.ncxlabs.com/)

Just wish Ryan would work on the site :( Need the systems coded soon.

I do apologize for my terrible grammar in the thread title, didn't notice it :P

The rollover on the banner just looks out of place. The transparent icons on the top of the page don't look right, make them fully opaque. And add some proper content areas, not just tiny little wisps of text, companies want things to read.

wewt
27-01-2008, 07:14 PM
The nav looks bad, especially the darker grey half. I agree that the logo is too big. I think that your choice of font for the analysis etc is bad, I'd go with something nice and safe - like Helvetica, you don't want anything too overpowering there.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!