View Full Version : Bit angry with my dad :(

Fishermaaan
28-01-2008, 09:55 PM
Hi there, I am a bit angry with my dadm
Every morning, my mum wakes up at 5:50am and goes to work, and comes home at 9pm. She rarely ever spends money on herslf, only when there's cheap clothes on sale she could buy. And i really love her soo much
But my dad, in my opinion, is a lazy *Text Removed*
You see, my dad doesnt realy do much
My mums like 45 and my dads soon 65
Al my dad does is cook dinner, look after the house, clean the house sometimes, and sometimes he does something like install sink pipes, make a new door for the house, etc....a little bit of DYI, but most of the time he enjoys himself, goes out, watches TV
Whils my mum is at outside arpund 15 hours a day, working soo much :(

Guys what should I do, I feel like telling my mum to tell my dad to work, but hes retired i think.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter.

Metric.
28-01-2008, 10:19 PM
My family is all workaholics, myself included. Did your dad ever have a job?

Jordy
28-01-2008, 10:31 PM
My family is all workaholics, myself included. Did your dad ever have a job?Same here, my Sister works 9-5 all week and then works ALL Saturday and Sunday from about 6am-10pm... - My mum manages a nursing home, working full time, she's continually very stressed and tired and has little 'Me time' and spends little money on herself. My dad too works 9-5 in london away from home monday - friday, so I never get chance to see anybody much, it sorta irritates me my Dad gets paid a lot more than my mum, when my Mum does a hell of a lot more. I know my dad went to university and is in a skilled job, but he doesn't put in anywhere near as much hours or effort as my mum.

Bless Mum's, they're legends!

blah blah blah
28-01-2008, 10:48 PM
I get that your saying you feel your dad dosent do as much as your mum but atleast he does something. Taking care of the house can be rather a big job. If your mum feels that your dad isnt pulling his weight then im sure you'd hear about it.

Bless mums :)

Metric.
29-01-2008, 02:28 AM
Same here, my Sister works 9-5 all week and then works ALL Saturday and Sunday from about 6am-10pm... - My mum manages a nursing home, working full time, she's continually very stressed and tired and has little 'Me time' and spends little money on herself. My dad too works 9-5 in london away from home monday - friday, so I never get chance to see anybody much, it sorta irritates me my Dad gets paid a lot more than my mum, when my Mum does a hell of a lot more. I know my dad went to university and is in a skilled job, but he doesn't put in anywhere near as much hours or effort as my mum.

Bless Mum's, they're legends!

Yeah, my mom works from 8 or 9 in the morning untill 1 or 2 some morning depending on if she's working a deal.

lew!
29-01-2008, 07:41 AM
Your dad is older an isnt able to do much, in a few years.. hes going to be 70.. Not alot of 70 year olds arent going to be running around having a job are they?
But its like your mum is the breadwinner and your dad is like a househusband.. lol

Herman
29-01-2008, 09:09 AM
well, atleast your dad does something. mine does absolutely nothing for the family. he comes home late at night like nobody's business, usually at around 2-3am. his work shift ends at 5pm. obviously there's something going on, he probably has another woman. anyway, all he does in come home, watches television and sleeps. he even smokes in the house too, and he likes to take our food.

my mum pays for EVERYTHING. the bills, me and sister's school fees, our wants and needs, the house repairs, everything. i'm grateful for having such a loving mother. so think about it, what kind of man leaves his wife to finance their children? ****, i'm amazed he still shows up in this house, he should be ashamed, he's in OUR house using our electricity and taking our food, for free. as a father you're supposed to lead the family and support your family members financially.

he even earns more than my mother, but he keeps getting 'bankrupt' at the end of each month. where does all this money go to? thank god my parents are getting divorced soon, i don't ever want to see his face again. useless man.

what is wrong with fathers?

SKEEN
29-01-2008, 12:21 PM
If he's lazy and doesn't work for an income and he's only there for one thing obviously. She should leave him? And telling her how you feel is a start.

Pyroka
29-01-2008, 01:00 PM
He can't work for an income if he's retired. =/ At least he's pulling some sort of weight though? Plus he does the sort of 'dad things' like DIY, which mothers can't do for ****. Sorry mums, but it's true. I don't think there's any problem between your mum and dad at all. He can't do her job as much as he may like to, and she can't do housework as much as she'd like to.

Metric.
30-01-2008, 05:10 AM
He can't work for an income if he's retired. =/ At least he's pulling some sort of weight though? Plus he does the sort of 'dad things' like DIY, which mothers can't do for ****. Sorry mums, but it's true. I don't think there's any problem between your mum and dad at all. He can't do her job as much as he may like to, and she can't do housework as much as she'd like to.

my mom can swing a hammer as gd as a man~

alexxxxx
30-01-2008, 08:05 AM
mate, he's 65 - retirement age. I don't know - but your father probably did do alot of work when he was younger, he's just older now. He won't be employed by many people because of his age.

e5
30-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Being a parent is the most important job in the world. You're just taking what your dad does. My mum used to work. My dad works full time. 7am - 7pm, sometimes starts earlier and finishes later, but he's the boss he can do whatever (in a way) ;) - My mum does all the washing, cleaning, cooking, food buying etc etc like you say your dad does... My mum keeps our house clean, looks after us and everthing and is the best mum! :P

Dan2nd
30-01-2008, 12:23 PM
My Dad is the hardest working in my family =] my mum does have a job but my dad said she can give it up when ever she wants

Azul
30-01-2008, 12:52 PM
Both my parents are extremely hard workers, my Mum couldn't afford to quit her job, but if she did she'd hate it. She isn't one of those house wife types, even though she enjoys cleaning. Haha.

Minstrels
30-01-2008, 06:31 PM
my mom can swing a hammer as gd as a man~
Can she swing my hammer? ;)

Teyauna.
05-02-2008, 11:13 PM
My parents work equally, but I don't think there's much you can do considering your dad's age and the fact that he could be retired. Maybe you could help out.

mrplahay
08-02-2008, 07:19 PM
ma family do loads. ur dad is lazy. My grandad is 73 and he still works as a truck driver long distance. My nan doesnt work and shes 71 but she sorts all the money out pays the bills nt tht, my grandad brings in the money and if anything needs doing he does it.

ma mum works 9am to 7pm
dad works 7am - 6pm

patrick.
13-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Cut your dad some slack he's 65 for crying out loud.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!