PDA

View Full Version : Yup, PS3 cause for GTA IV delay

Fez
29-01-2008, 05:03 PM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580161/20080123/index.jhtml

"the reason it is being delayed is almost strictly technological problems — not problems, but challenges." Barrera offered a little more detail to MTV News this week: "It's really no surprise to anybody that the PS3 was definitely a contributing factor to that. Now, we're neck and neck. That's not an issue anymore. But back then that was something we were taking into account. That's not to say there's anything wrong with the PS3 version. It's awesome. They're both identical

Fart
29-01-2008, 05:08 PM
Damn ps3's
As i like to say
whatever ps3's can do, xbox360 can do better :)

BowTies1
29-01-2008, 06:00 PM
fart your wrong both have strong points and bad points therefore there equal or cant be compared

benjamin
29-01-2008, 06:04 PM
fart your wrong both have strong points and bad points therefore there equal or cant be compared
of course they can be compared :S
what a stupid thing to say.

anyway bleh, what's the date for gtaiv release now? i've forgotten.

Frodo13.
29-01-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah it was sort of obvious :) R* just needed more time to get used to Sony technology, where they had already made games for PS3. It has nothing to do with which console is supposedly better...

Frodo13.
29-01-2008, 06:08 PM
of course they can be compared :S
what a stupid thing to say.

anyway bleh, what's the date for gtaiv release now? i've forgotten.

Off topic, but I've just realised my Bebo skin was made by you :)

Edited by BobX (forum Moderator):- Please do not double post.

benjamin
29-01-2008, 06:11 PM
Off topic, but I've just realised my Bebo skin was made by you :)
haha coolio :D

Energizer
29-01-2008, 06:13 PM
does this mean it's being delayed AGAIN? i cba reading all that.

Neil
29-01-2008, 06:14 PM

No lol

It's just saying why it was delayed xD

Frodo13.
29-01-2008, 06:14 PM

No, its just reason for why it wasn't released back in October (correct me if that wasn't the orginal release)

mangle
29-01-2008, 07:44 PM
Its april 29th right?

Will it feature online?

Neil
29-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Its april 29th right?

Will it feature online?

Rockstar said it will have 16 player online but that's all that was said

mangle
29-01-2008, 07:58 PM
Should be pretty cool , i'd still love it without online!

Naruto!
29-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Should be pretty cool , i'd still love it without online!
I think that GTA is one of the few games that can get away without having an online feature.

mangle
29-01-2008, 08:08 PM
I think that GTA is one of the few games that can get away without having an online feature.

LOL I agree :)

Is there just one box art design this time or are there like 6? :)

Fez
30-01-2008, 03:37 PM
LOL I agree :)

Is there just one box art design this time or are there like 6? :)
Just one

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3442624

Awfy
30-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Just one

http://media.1up.com/media?id=3442624
Actually, I was looking in GameStation yestarday and there were a couple of designs. As they have the pre-order boxes on the shelves. There was one with a man and a shotgun, then another with a women smoking I think, and the 3rd one was just another man.

Technologic
30-01-2008, 04:22 PM
Well we all knew it was probably the PS3. Still, worth the wait. I'd rather wit for a completed, amazing game with few errors than something that's all glitchy

awelsh
30-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Hope it will still have the old feel like the old games where you can enter the cheat codes just to have some fun. I always used to have a good save and then my cheat one just used for a laugh. I didnt realise the old GTA'S had more than one box art? everyone I know who had the game had the same box art.

Neil
30-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Hope it will still have the old feel like the old games where you can enter the cheat codes just to have some fun. I always used to have a good save and then my cheat one just used for a laugh. I didnt realise the old GTA'S had more than one box art? everyone I know who had the game had the same box art.

Hopefully cheats will disable achievements, I wouldn't be surprised if they disabled achievements when you enter cheats, I think this GTA will be easily beatable without cheats anyway

Fez
30-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Cheats arn't popular on next gen consoles anyway, last time I cheated was big head mode in Motorstorm.

awelsh
30-01-2008, 09:14 PM
cool, never knew motorstorm actually had any cheats except for the ol' x tapper

Neil
30-01-2008, 09:14 PM
Cheats arn't popular on next gen consoles anyway, last time I cheated was big head mode in Motorstorm.

They are popular, GTA4 will most likely have cheats, every GTA game so far has had cheats so I don't see why this'll be any different

awelsh
30-01-2008, 09:22 PM
oh and about the achievement, ill be getting it on ps3 becuase im so used to the GTA controls on ps2 so it would be a shame for me to change :P also ive got to buy another years xbox live and the wireless adapter with I dont currently have enough money for.

Jamesy
30-01-2008, 09:34 PM
They are popular, GTA4 will most likely have cheats, every GTA game so far has had cheats so I don't see why this'll be any different

Well in an interview they talked about the dev keyboard, and that forwarding through day to night makes time go faster instead of jumping towards it which seems cool.

I think they will put them in.

yay and I have enough for it :D

Jordan3606
31-01-2008, 11:08 AM
Damn ps3's
As i like to say

No it cant :P

PS3 is more powerful and can do everything 360's can do + more :rolleyes: Apart from play 360 games :P

People like you are just jealous you cant afford a better console :) PS3 is infact outselling the 360 worldwide by about 20,000 units every week, so shove that in your pie hole :)

Neil
31-01-2008, 11:15 AM

PS3 is more powerful and can do everything 360's can do + more :rolleyes: Apart from play 360 games :P

People like you are just jealous you cant afford a better console :) PS3 is infact outselling the 360 worldwide by about 20,000 units every week, so shove that in your pie hole :)

Can the PS3 use MSN?
Can the PS3 let people have private voice chat?

The PS3 can't do everything a 360 can do, a 360 CAN do everything a PS3 can do, the only thing that it is limited by is space on the disk, that is all the PS3 has that the 360 doesn't while the 360 has quite alot the PS3 doesn't have, the PS3 might have better graphics but the 360 runs faster

If you can name things that the PS3 can do that the 360 can't do apart from blu-ray related stuff then do so, unless you don't tell people then it's just you talking out your butt

mangle
31-01-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm probably going to have 2 acc's set up on GTA IV. Cheats for fun one and a plain old career one.

I actually can't wait for this!

Ekalb
31-01-2008, 11:22 AM

Ps3s are getting outsold by lots of stuff actually, including the ps2, the nintendo DS and the wii.

mangle
31-01-2008, 11:24 AM
Isn't the PS2 the most popular console STILL?

Robbie
31-01-2008, 01:18 PM
I heard that aswell.

And I think GTA will have cheats, its like a part of GTA thats been in nearly all of them. Its a great freeroam game and cheats make it better sometimes :)

FlyingJesus
31-01-2008, 01:27 PM
Isn't the PS2 the most popular console STILL?

Most likely, seeing as how it's really the best thing about for its price. I don't see the need for any of these next-gen consoles, they don't excite me at all or do anything I want that I can't get from my PS2. Will possibly go to PS3 when the price drops a bit just for the HD (new tv :)) and GTA4, but for now I'm fine.

Also GTA4 will have cheats, even if it's just funny ones, because GTA always does and it's part of the charm.

Robbie
31-01-2008, 01:42 PM
The games, is the reason I have a nextgen console.

POOLSOPEN
31-01-2008, 03:12 PM
*TEXT REMOVED* PS3.

Fez
31-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Yeah, GTA is like a trademark for cheats. But I'm gonna try and resist this time.

Andeeh
31-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Lush game ;)

hmm i will probs use cheats always a laugh!

online i hope its good!

tdi
31-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Damn ps3's
As i like to say
yeah, I forgot the top of the line graphics, free online gaming, ps3 home, wi-fi connectivity, web browser, card reader and gran turismo that can be seen on the xbox.

Neil
31-01-2008, 07:51 PM
yeah, I forgot the top of the line graphics, free online gaming, ps3 home, wi-fi connectivity, web browser, card reader and gran turismo that can be seen on the xbox.

"Top of the line" graphics - Not true, and not important

"Free online gaming" - At least the 360 gets decent updates

"PS3 Home" - The PC has it too, it's called Second Life

"Wifi" - So? The next 360 might have it aswell and you could probably get a mod for it aswell

"Web Browser" - The 360 can have a web browser aswell, obviously microsoft don't see a point because there is an amazing thing called a PC or a laptop for that

"Card Reader" - Yea...And why would you need that in a games console?

"Gran Turismo" - That game sucks lol

brandon
31-01-2008, 07:55 PM

"PS3 Home" - The PC has it too, it's called Second Life

"Wifi" - So? The next 360 might have it aswell and you could probably get a mod for it aswell

"Web Browser" - The 360 can have a web browser aswell, obviously microsoft don't see a point because there is an amazing thing called a PC or a laptop for that

Yes the PC may have Second Life but thats nothing to do with the Xbox.
It's like a Wii vs Xbox 360 and saying that Wii has free online and someone arguing that PS3 has it too.

On the Wifi, the fact is that it doesn't have it. "Might" and "Probably"

All your other arguments are fair enough.

mangle
31-01-2008, 07:56 PM
Well look at it like this.

If it wasn't for the PS3 we'd have GTA IV now yeah. But it wouldn't be as good as it will be , they've had time to perfect it. It will all work out anyway , cheats are only good for everyone riot. Cheating takes all the fun out of a game anyway.

Neil
31-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Yes the PC may have Second Life but thats nothing to do with the Xbox.
It's like a Wii vs Xbox 360 and saying that Wii has free online and someone arguing that PS3 has it too.

On the Wifi, the fact is that it doesn't have it. "Might" and "Probably"

All your other arguments are fair enough.

It doesn't matter if Second life has nothing to do with the 360, PS3 Home and Second life are practically the same thing, PS3 Home is nothing new and anyone can get onto Second life which is probably way better anyway

And since the "Xbox 360 Ultimate" might just be a rumour I can't say it will have Wifi can I or it'll be lying, and I'm not gonna search to see if they have a mod for the 360 that lets you do Wifi

mangle
31-01-2008, 08:09 PM
The wireless adapter does the job just fine for me anyway :]

Technologic
31-01-2008, 08:10 PM

"PS3 Home" - The PC has it too, it's called Second Life.

Ps3 has been shown to outperform the 360 when playing ulti-platform games next to each other...

Home is aimed at teens, second life is aimed at adults. You have to enter credit card details, home address, verify your age, phone numbers for second life but you dont nee dot for home.

It's built into it, you dont have to waste money on a stupid adapter..

The web browser point is fair enough

The card reader is so you can transfer videos, photos etc from your psp memory card or normal memory card

GT is ****.. :]

Also, the updates are good. He didn't mention the fact that with every update you can get new codecs for videos. Nearly all formats of music and videos are supported.. however the 360 only has codecs for wmv, wma, mp3 and mp4 files...

Divx videos can be played on a ps3. :]

mangle
31-01-2008, 08:17 PM
USB Can transfer anything onto your 360 quite easily ;)

And hell , the 360's wireless adapter enables me to stream music from my PC to 360 :)

Neil
31-01-2008, 08:19 PM
Ps3 has been shown to outperform the 360 when playing ulti-platform games next to each other...

Home is aimed at teens, second life is aimed at adults. You have to enter credit card details, home address, verify your age, phone numbers for second life but you dont nee dot for home.

It's built into it, you dont have to waste money on a stupid adapter..

The web browser point is fair enough

The card reader is so you can transfer videos, photos etc from your psp memory card or normal memory card

GT is ****.. :]

Also, the updates are good. He didn't mention the fact that with every update you can get new codecs for videos. Nearly all formats of music and videos are supported.. however the 360 only has codecs for wmv, wma, mp3 and mp4 files...

Divx videos can be played on a ps3. :]

Actually the latest 360 update allows us to play Divx and Xvid videos aswell

And have you actually seen comparisons of multiplatform games on PS3 and 360 on HD with the same settings? The PS3 games look terrible, shadows look blocking, alot of the lighting is either to bright or too dark and this is EVERY comparison I've seen that the 360 comes out on top on, when it comes to PS3 exclusives I agree the graphics are better than 360 but not top of the line, if they were top of the line how come the PS3 wouldn't be able to run Crysis without the game being downgraded?

And there is also Teen Second Life, I don't know if you need a credit card for that one or not though

Ashley 12344
31-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Good to see a thread about GTA doesn't fall into an argument about consoles 8-)

Cheats ruin the game - but will be in. That thing says I think?

360 ftw ;)

Neil
31-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Good to see a thread about GTA doesn't fall into an argument about consoles 8-)

Cheats ruin the game - but will be in. That thing says I think?

360 ftw ;)

I donno, only like 12 of the 30-40 odd cheats that are in GTA games actually ruin it and that's armour, health, guns and wanted level, the rest is either for an extra or for fun (like invisible cars and stuff)

Cheats better disable achievements though, it'll seriously annoy me if people are able to get 1k easy as hell because of cheats, unfortunatly we'll be having one or two collect achievements in this aswell lol

Ashley 12344
31-01-2008, 09:48 PM
I donno, only like 12 of the 30-40 odd cheats that are in GTA games actually ruin it and that's armour, health, guns and wanted level, the rest is either for an extra or for fun (like invisible cars and stuff)

Cheats better disable achievements though, it'll seriously annoy me if people are able to get 1k easy as hell because of cheats, unfortunatly we'll be having one or two collect achievements in this aswell lol

They probably will.
Saints row did, and I'm sure they owe GTA at least one idea.

Reckon there'll be a hidden 'rip' at Saints row? True Crime Streets of LA had one. True Grime. On a billboard.

Minstrels
31-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Shame me and Awfy can't own this thread arguing over the PS3 and 360. :(

Fez
31-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Shame me and Awfy can't own this thread arguing over the PS3 and 360. :(

Get yer own!

88 days till Happy Grand Thefting Day

Minstrels
01-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Get yer own!

88 days till Happy Grand Thefting Day
We can't, we said we would never argue again because he got fed up with my all powerful knowledge. ;)

mangle
01-02-2008, 08:45 AM
Saints Row best have a shot taken at it by GTA!

GTA don't like competition in sandbox stlye games :]

Jordan3606
05-02-2008, 08:14 PM
Ps3s are getting outsold by lots of stuff actually, including the ps2, the nintendo DS and the wii.

Can I also just mention that the PS3 has been outselling the 360 worldwide for a matter of weeks now? :rolleyes: The 'ol 'ZOMG PS3 IS BEIN OUTSOLDZ!' argument fails badly, since the 360 is also being outsold by all of those consoles and the PS3 :P

The 360 only sells a mere 3,000 units a week in Japan, whereas the PS3 manages around 50,000. Granted, the PS3 is being outsold by the 360 each week in America, but the PS3 outsells the 360 in Europe ;)

PS3 has already dominated 2 major reigons.

Dont give me any 'everyone who wants a 360 has already got one' bullcrap, if only 18mil want them, then they must be pretty crap. I'm not disagreeing with the statement, its true, but dont use it to your advantage because its a crap comeback ;)

Neil
05-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Can I also just mention that the PS3 has been outselling the 360 worldwide for a matter of weeks now? :rolleyes: The 'ol 'ZOMG PS3 IS BEIN OUTSOLDZ!' argument fails badly, since the 360 is also being outsold by all of those consoles and the PS3 :P

The 360 only sells a mere 3,000 units a week in Japan, whereas the PS3 manages around 50,000. Granted, the PS3 is being outsold by the 360 each week in America, but the PS3 outsells the 360 in Europe ;)

PS3 has already dominated 2 major reigons.

Dont give me any 'everyone who wants a 360 has already got one' bullcrap, if only 18mil want them, then they must be pretty crap. I'm not disagreeing with the statement, its true, but dont use it to your advantage because its a crap comeback ;)

Where is your proof for any of this?

Jordan3606
05-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Where is your proof for any of this?

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/jordan3606/PS3OUTSELL.png

I used that a few days ago to own somebody on another forum who also assumed that the 360 was outselling the PS3 ;)

www.vgchartz.com

You can easily compare hardware sales using the above site, and you can also compare the sales from launch.

The PS3 is infact selling a heck of a lot better than the 360 was in its same period of life.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa175/jordan3606/ps3360.png
Thats a graph from VGCHARTZ from LAUNCH. In the same amount of time that the 360 had been out, the PS3 is outselling it.

BEARING IN MIND THE PS3 CAME OUT 2 YEARS LATER, AND ALREADY HAD 2 COMPETITORS IN THE MARKET :P:D

All the proof you need is on that website, charts and everything.

The PS3 sells better than the 360 :)

As for the Wii... its a gimmick :P Everyone knows that they're only fun with multiplayer titles, and they get boring so quickly! My mate got a Wii and says he hasnt played on it for 3 weeks.

Go figure

Neil
05-02-2008, 09:54 PM
That sites info isn't even up to date, xbox 360 is past 18 million sales now and have been for over a month

And when did I say I thought 360 was out selling? Not once, I just asked for proof, plus it isn't out selling because it still has more sales, it's just getting a few more sales in Japan, 360 is still gets more in America and "other" according to that site so it's not really outselling is it?

Aflux
06-02-2008, 07:23 AM
We knew this when they announced it was delayed, back in September...

Neil
06-02-2008, 08:17 AM
We knew this when they announced it was delayed, back in September...

Yea, I kept saying it was PS3 but the fanboys wouldn't admit it :rolleyes:

Jordan3606
06-02-2008, 08:09 PM
That sites info isn't even up to date, xbox 360 is past 18 million sales now and have been for over a month

And when did I say I thought 360 was out selling? Not once, I just asked for proof, plus it isn't out selling because it still has more sales, it's just getting a few more sales in Japan, 360 is still gets more in America and "other" according to that site so it's not really outselling is it?

A few more sales? More like thousands more sales xD

And yes, it is outselling it, but no, it hasnt sold as many :rolleyes: Outselling and total sales are different.

The PS3 is infact outselling the 360, you can see even by comparing the official figures released by Sony and Microsoft each week. The 360 has more sales because it has been out 2 years longer, and if you compare how the 360 was selling at the same time as how the PS3 is selling now, the PS3 is doing a heck of a lot better than the 360 was.

EA also announced recently that PSN has the potential to be better than Live when Home comes out, and also that the PS3 will overtake the 360 in sales this year :)

Frodo13.
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Yea, I kept saying it was PS3 but the fanboys wouldn't admit it :rolleyes:

Im like a super Sony fanboy, but still it's pretty obvious it was down to the PS3 for delay.

Neil
06-02-2008, 09:36 PM
A few more sales? More like thousands more sales xD

And yes, it is outselling it, but no, it hasnt sold as many :rolleyes: Outselling and total sales are different.

The PS3 is infact outselling the 360, you can see even by comparing the official figures released by Sony and Microsoft each week. The 360 has more sales because it has been out 2 years longer, and if you compare how the 360 was selling at the same time as how the PS3 is selling now, the PS3 is doing a heck of a lot better than the 360 was.

EA also announced recently that PSN has the potential to be better than Live when Home comes out, and also that the PS3 will overtake the 360 in sales this year :)

How the hell is Home gonna change anything? :S It's a Second life for the PS3, how is it gonna do anything at all? What's so great about it? Seriously? It's not gonna change gaming is it?
And to be honest, EA are morons anyway

Im like a super Sony fanboy, but still it's pretty obvious it was down to the PS3 for delay.

I wouldn't say the PS3 itself, just Rockstar being unfamiliar with it

Fez
07-02-2008, 03:33 PM
And to be honest, EA are morons anyway

They can't even make a proper PS3 game anyway

mangle
07-02-2008, 04:24 PM
They can't even make a proper PS3 game anyway

They make alright sports games.

Neil
07-02-2008, 04:40 PM
They make alright sports games.

Na, the first of each sports game, so the first football game they made, first boxing? First basketball? I donno which ones EA did but the first of each was good, then every year they make it look a bit better, add a few features and move players around depending on what team they're playing for, that's basically all they do every year so the first was good but after that it was the same game with different graphics and like 1-2 new features

mangle
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Na, the first of each sports game, so the first football game they made, first boxing? First basketball? I donno which ones EA did but the first of each was good, then every year they make it look a bit better, add a few features and move players around depending on what team they're playing for, that's basically all they do every year so the first was good but after that it was the same game with different graphics and like 1-2 new features

I'll agree to that although for me all that matters is that madden nfl is fun for me. Every year i buy it and every year i still feel its fun so in that aspect its all good.

Technologic
07-02-2008, 04:44 PM
All those arguing just shut up :l

Both consoles are good, neither is betterr than the other.

The PS3 is good for the long run + it's good if you want more out of it than gaming
The 360 is good because it has loads of amazing games.

End of.
And neil is right, it was rockstar being unfamiliar with it that caused the delay :]

Fez
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
The only good EA PS3 game is Orange Box.

Neil
07-02-2008, 04:45 PM
I'll agree to that although for me all that matters is that madden nfl is fun for me. Every year i buy it and every year i still feel its fun so in that aspect its all good.

Lol yea they do make changes to some stuff but it's basically the same game every year, you buy it every year because you're a fan which is perfectly fine because it is probably different, maybe harder and everything

Technologic
07-02-2008, 04:48 PM
The only good EA PS3 game is Orange Box.
Even that had some annoying glitches...

It's only lagged once but when it did it was at the worst possible time -.-

When alyx and gordan are about to go through the portal in the citadel in hl2.

-.-

Fez
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
It took a whole minute to get out of that hovercraft in HL2

mangle
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Lol yea they do make changes to some stuff but it's basically the same game every year, you buy it every year because you're a fan which is perfectly fine because it is probably different, maybe harder and everything

Yeah NFL has annoying play call situations that weren't there a few years ago.

Neil
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
82 Days till GTA4 is out =[ So long... xD

Who's pre-ordered it yet?

Fez
07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
I "pre-bought" the Special Edition from game.co.uk back in November.

mangle
07-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Keep wanting to , i have issues parting with money.

Neil
07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Lol I'm gonna pre-order closer to the release, I have this thing that like forces me to buy stuff I don't need meaning I can't keep hold of my money very long :P

Technologic
07-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Lol I'm gonna pre-order closer to the release, I have this thing that like forces me to buy stuff I don't need meaning I can't keep hold of my money very long :P
We all have that. It's called greed :]

Neil
07-02-2008, 05:15 PM
We all have that. It's called greed :]

Na greed is when you do anything to get as much money as you can and get anything you want, I just can't keep money for very long cause there's always something I want xD

Ashley 12344
08-02-2008, 07:29 PM
I've pre-ordered it. Although I don't really think theres need to, by the looks of it there will be plenty of copies.

Neil
08-02-2008, 07:40 PM
I've pre-ordered it. Although I don't really think theres need to, by the looks of it there will be plenty of copies.

Lol, you'd think that but you really need to pre-order, if not then you prob wont get it from the store for like 2 days unless you get lucky lol

Ashley 12344
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Lol, you'd think that but you really need to pre-order, if not then you prob wont get it from the store for like 2 days unless you get lucky lol

But every shop seems so sure of guaranteeing countless pre-orders. I reckon it'll be similar to Halo 3 - still, pre-ordered it. Not gambling + double points on my GAME card.

mangle
08-02-2008, 09:10 PM
SORTED

DONE

BIM

BAM

PRE ORDERD

:]

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!