PDA

View Full Version : I HATE jehovah witness's.

Metric.
29-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Today I was in a HUGE rush to get to work and I hear a knock at the door, and there were 2 people, a man and a woman, in their 40's standing in the door. They were dressed up and they were holding books and brochures, and I can see the red Toyota Corolla in the driveway, ~jehovah witness's~.

Usually I check to see who is at the door, but unfortuatly today I didn't. Usually when you see that red Toyota Corolla in the driveway, you hit the lights and duck (my mother taught me well).

I don't know if any of you people have experiences with the jehovah witness's, but they are this group of people that believe in something to do with god and they try and push it on you by comming to your house and crowding your personal space. When I answered the door, they were like hello and I was like hello (trying to be nice, while in the of my mind I was like **** ****). I didn't have the time or patients for this today. I thought I could get a brochure, look interested and they would leave. WRONG, not only were they like RIGHT in my face, he was like wierd, like a pedo? I was like omg am I gettin raped today or what! I made up some excuse that I was baking and it was probably burning, so they let me go with a brochure.

GRRRR DO YOU HAVE THESE PEOPLE WHERE YOU LIVE?

Paulio
29-01-2008, 05:23 PM
I just tell them where to go and close the door. If their religion is so good why do they have to go knocking on peoples doors to promote it.

Pat McGroin
29-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I hate what they believe in. It's shocking. I've never had experience with them though.

bo$$
29-01-2008, 05:24 PM
I just tell them where to go and close the door. If their religion is so good why do they have to go knocking on peoples doors to promote it.

To get more people to join.. obviously..

Paulio
29-01-2008, 05:25 PM
If it's soo good then why arn't we already a member?!?! :P

To get more people to join.. obviously..

risque
29-01-2008, 05:27 PM
Not all Jehovah's Witnesses are like that, my best friend is one. Her nor her family do what you're saying they all do, because they don't - not each and every Jehovah's Witness will shove the religion down your throat, maybe revise what you've said perhaps!

And @ above: What sort of stupid statement is that?

bo$$
29-01-2008, 05:27 PM
If it's soo good then why arn't we already a member?!?! :P

Because different people believe in different things. The reason why they go around is because they think that only their religion is right (like a lot of religious fanatics) and they try to force people to study their religion and believe in it.

Abbie.
29-01-2008, 05:28 PM
samee with mormans

im just like 'er, im busy sorry..'

Mr.Sam
If they ever came to my house I would just tell them I'm not interested and not to trespass on my property, should stop them coming back :8

dannyisnotamazing
I love em, there so interesting

Paulio
Because different people believe in different things. The reason why they go around is because they think that only their religion is right (like a lot of religious fanatics) and they try to force people to study their religion and believe in it.

Well I'm supposed to be catholic but you don't see me going and knocking on peoples doors trying to get people to become one.

jesus
29-01-2008, 05:30 PM
we just dont answer our door, even if they've walked past and seen us sat there and know we are in. you dont HAVE to answer your door if you dont want to, do you? :)

risque
Well I'm supposed to be catholic but you don't see me going and knocking on peoples doors trying to get people to become one.

Well you obviously don't represent your local church/gathering group as somebody who recruits new members, do you? No, think before you speak/type.

mat64
Typically I don't think we get that much in the UK, neither do we seem to get many door-to-door sales people. I guess you get the occasional survey or something simular but most advertising if not all is done over the phone and even then it's usually insurance or something similar they are trying to sell, obviously the great pro of phone convosations is that you can get out of them with little effort ;).

Technologic
29-01-2008, 05:31 PM
We have a big clanky metal gate so you can always tell if somebody is coming up the drive.
I always use some stupid excuse anyways

Swearwolf
not been any at our door for years..
but theres this 1 guy who stands opposite mcdonalds screamin "jehovas witness!!!!" repeatedly all day.

Mr.Sam
Only people I find that knock on the door is the gas/electric man and postie if she has a package for us.

Typically I don't think we get that much in the UK, neither do we seem to get many door-to-door sales people. I guess you get the occasional survey or something simular but most advertising if not all is done over the phone and even then it's usually insurance or something similar they are trying to sell, obviously the great pro of phone convosations is that you can get out of them with little effort ;).

Turnip
29-01-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah, they're around ere.
theres a few like 5 door's down, always have to keep my eye out when im leavin the house, they do my nuttt in :l.

Paulio
29-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Well you obviously don't represent your local church/gathering group as somebody who recruits new members, do you? No, think before you speak/type.

I obviously think before I type, otherwise I would just be typing a load of letters :s

That’s not what I’m saying anyway, I’m just saying, I’ve never seen a catholic or any other religion turn up at my door and pressure me into becoming one of them.

jesus
29-01-2008, 05:39 PM
they came up to our apartments on holiday in lanzarote once :S

Warezkid2
29-01-2008, 05:39 PM
I like it really, they come, and we sit down, and we argue over that god doesnt exist. and they like come back hard on us, we go with science imo.

Still not finished the convo yet either. they coming back next week :l

PaulMacC
29-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I tell them no, I am a proud christain.

risque
29-01-2008, 05:50 PM
I obviously think before I type, otherwise I would just be typing a load of letters :s

That’s not what I’m saying anyway, I’m just saying, I’ve never seen a catholic or any other religion turn up at my door and pressure me into becoming one of them.

Oh, hi Mr. Sarcastic.

Barkseh (Forum Moderator): Please don't post off-topic.

UnitedRoad
29-01-2008, 05:56 PM
i always have a good convo with them lasting atleast 45 minutes

Ashhizzle
29-01-2008, 06:03 PM
Thats totally wrong, You obviously dont know one.

I Know one, Infact i know a whole family.

They're awesome! They dont try and convert me or w.e.

Your just using the steriotyped jehovas witness image.

Falcon
29-01-2008, 06:15 PM
what you posted is quite dis-respectful.
i have a few friends at school that are jehovahs, they're not like what you posted.

29-01-2008, 06:18 PM
LOL, bless them

Energizer
29-01-2008, 06:23 PM
i just slam the door in their face the second they start talking to me about god/religion.

Virgin Mary
29-01-2008, 06:25 PM
I'm a Catholic and don't really do the new age, protestant Christian stuff they promote. I respect their views but disagree with their creed and how they forbid blood transfusions and stuff.

Favourtism
29-01-2008, 06:37 PM
I had a girl and her mother knock on my house earlier. They came up and I was watching Top Gear, had already seen them knock on every other house so ignored them. Then, they came up and started perring through my window whilst knocking! Suffice to say I told them where they can stick there poxy leaflets and banner they wanted to stick on my door..... the bin :'D

cocaine
29-01-2008, 06:40 PM
i just tell them im jewish and i shut the door

Fart
29-01-2008, 06:45 PM
What i do is, i do the same to them, So like they go
"Would you be intrested in learning and becoming a jehovah's witness's"
and i would go
"would you be intrested in learning and becoming a christain"
they will be like
WTHHHHHHHH *runs* Lol
usually works

Virgin Mary
29-01-2008, 06:47 PM
lol, Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians.

VPSwow
29-01-2008, 06:49 PM
I usually just sit there and let them knock they then loko through window the cheeky people so you just dont make eye contact and pretend your deaf or somate :)

PaintYourTarget
29-01-2008, 06:52 PM
When my dog stands on his hindlegs to look out the window, he's a good 5ft or so tall. Sufficient to say, no-one knocks on my door... when he's awake anyway.

lew!
29-01-2008, 07:04 PM
this thread is racist x

Flisker
29-01-2008, 07:13 PM
How is it racist?

Ive never had the jahova Witnesses knock on my door i would use Fart's speech but say jewish instead of christian xD

Blue
29-01-2008, 07:25 PM
I've had them come to my door, I just stood there going "Yeah yeah" and then they walked off. Though they did give me a coupon for a free bible

Firehorse
29-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Waste of fuel to get around houses and paper for brouchures. They come around our area every now and then.

Jordy
29-01-2008, 07:32 PM
I hate them so much, infact I hate them more than any other group of Human's in the world. They're just absolutely awful people the one's I've met, I could rant for ages, sadly I'm not in the mood to go on about all about them.

I sit next to one in Tutor Group, and I just can't stand all this anti-Christmas... Nah they're so evil it's beyond words.

My mother has also taught me well to ignore them all and run up the stairs and duck if we see any.

Firehorse
29-01-2008, 07:37 PM
My mother has also taught me well to ignore them all and run up the stairs and duck if we see any.

Wise Words lol

Grindie
29-01-2008, 07:41 PM
Today I was in a HUGE rush to get to work and I hear a knock at the door, and there were 2 people, a man and a woman, in their 40's standing in the door. They were dressed up and they were holding books and brochures, and I can see the red Toyota Corolla in the driveway, ~jehovah witness's~.

Usually I check to see who is at the door, but unfortuatly today I didn't. Usually when you see that red Toyota Corolla in the driveway, you hit the lights and duck (my mother taught me well).

I don't know if any of you people have experiences with the jehovah witness's, but they are this group of people that believe in something to do with god and they try and push it on you by comming to your house and crowding your personal space. When I answered the door, they were like hello and I was like hello (trying to be nice, while in the of my mind I was like **** ****). I didn't have the time or patients for this today. I thought I could get a brochure, look interested and they would leave. WRONG, not only were they like RIGHT in my face, he was like wierd, like a pedo? I was like omg am I gettin raped today or what! I made up some excuse that I was baking and it was probably burning, so they let me go with a brochure.

GRRRR DO YOU HAVE THESE PEOPLE WHERE YOU LIVE?

haha i was taught to do that too!

Jordy
29-01-2008, 07:49 PM
In RE Lessons opts not to participate so he just sits at the back doing whatever he wants on the computer. I don't want to learn about other Religions, but it's compulsory education in Key Stage Key 3, so I just listen and respect other people's views, or generally chat and argue with the Teacher over why didn't God help the Jew's in the second world war, I'll leave that to another day.

He's such a dumb-bo this jobo (Jehova Witness), all he does is search 'Good cars' on Google Images and gets up to about page 32 by the end of the lesson. I could actually make good use of going on a computer during RE Lessons, I want to do a IT-Related job when I'm older, he wants to be a mechanic? I surely could use my time better, but no I'm stuck in RE while he's on Google Images :P

It's no fun for them anyway, no Christmas, no Birthdays (Dunno why), no contraception and no choking the chicken. Resulting in loads of money you'd think? But no they all have huge families with about 6 kids so that money saved from xmas and b-days is spent on them, along with a boring and crappy life.

Firehorse
29-01-2008, 07:54 PM
In RE Lessons opts not to participate so he just sits at the back doing whatever he wants on the computer. I don't want to learn about other Religions, but it's compulsory education in Key Stage Key 3, so I just listen and respect other people's views, or generally chat and argue with the Teacher over why didn't God help the Jew's in the second world war, I'll leave that to another day.

He's such a dumb-bo this jobo (Jehova Witness), all he does is search 'Good cars' on Google Images and gets up to about page 32 by the end of the lesson. I could actually make good use of going on a computer during RE Lessons, I want to do a IT-Related job when I'm older, he wants to be a mechanic? I surely could use my time better, but no I'm stuck in RE while he's on Google Images :P

It's no fun for them anyway, no Christmas, no Birthdays (Dunno why), no contraception and no choking the chicken. Resulting in loads of money you'd think? But no they all have huge families with about 6 kids so that money saved from xmas and b-days is spent on them, along with a boring and crappy life.

couldn't agree with you more lol. What a loser looking at cars on google images!

Niall!
29-01-2008, 08:06 PM
I just say "I don't give a **** " and close the door.. I mean, what are they gonna do, bomb your house?

Firehorse
29-01-2008, 08:07 PM
*Death Note's internet mysteriously goes offline...* lol

Roboevil
29-01-2008, 08:11 PM
I tell them I practice satanism.

e5
29-01-2008, 08:14 PM
You might not have seen/heard of them before so they try to get you to join :D LOL

Niall!
29-01-2008, 08:16 PM

I laughed. Hard.

Jericho
29-01-2008, 08:34 PM
My mum uses the "NO SORRY" treatment and just closes the door.

We are christian, so dont expect us to all sit round they're campfire like "zomg ur religun is fun".

As Jordy said, they must have quite a boring time.. and err, choking the chicken bit.. *whistles*

Three
29-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Lost_Witness, is a good example; made a habbo group the dirty scum.

Jordy
29-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Lost_Witness, is a good example; made a habbo group the dirty scum.That's genova witness, I'm quite confident that has nothing to do with Jehova Witness's.

Favourtism
29-01-2008, 09:14 PM

LOL

I imagine someone answering the door dressed in a devils costume shouting and screming.

drama
29-01-2008, 09:18 PM
i hate how they try and manipulate kids aswell.

They were going on about how MY education is probably wrong, and how there brochue would teach me everything i need to know.

I told them i don't beleive in god, it's a pile of ****, i tried to close the door but they were in the way (not in the house, but enough to be hit by the door, so i walked off back in the house until they suffled off lol;.

Niall!
29-01-2008, 09:29 PM
i hate how they try and manipulate kids aswell.

Join us we'll give you manlove.

drama
29-01-2008, 09:40 PM
Join us we'll give you manlove.
where do i sign up?:8

Corporal
29-01-2008, 09:49 PM
what you posted is quite dis-respectful.
i have a few friends at school that are jehovahs, they're not like what you posted.
He said that the ones he gets noramally are all like that.
Not all

Ashley 12344
29-01-2008, 11:01 PM
Racist much?

Virgin Mary
29-01-2008, 11:27 PM
rac·ism http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/premium.gif http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pnghttp://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif (https://secure.reference.com/premium/login.html?rd=2&u=http%3A%2F%2Fdictionary.reference.com%2Fbrowse%2 Fracism)/ˈreɪhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngsɪzhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngəm/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[rey-siz-uhhttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngm]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1.a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. 2.a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination. 3.hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Azul
29-01-2008, 11:46 PM
I remember my Mum telling me to shout I love Christmas to a bunch of them once. Their faces were a picture. Haha.

FlyingJesus
30-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Haven't read this thread but I've had JWs before and I thought they were really nice people. I know a lot about the Bible from when I used to be a Christian myself so got into some interesting conversation as I had nothing else to do then they went on their way.

tdi
30-01-2008, 12:59 AM
I must admit they do try and take your time, but I respect their beliefs. It's like most salesmen, they come to your door and you're like "we're not interested" and then they have a reply for every question. >.>

Crimson
30-01-2008, 07:49 AM
I had a really weird experiance before with them;

I heard a knock on the door, and I don't usually check (since they rarely actually come - luckily), and there was a man who was around 40/50 and a woman who was like 20. They were holding some Brochures with "Jehovah" written on it...

The man said hello, follwed quickly by the woman. Then before I could reply the man said;
"Well, I understand that you're watching TV and you're parents are cooking, or you're doing an activity together as a family.. Or you're playing with your brother or sister, or you're eating you're dinner. So Good-Bye!"

I was like... ***? And they just left o.O

bigdavecox90
30-01-2008, 10:58 AM
They just talk too much, my dad gives it the "Look mate, I don't mean to be rude, but I'm not interested" -closes the door- :D

Fart
30-01-2008, 01:00 PM
lol, Jehovah's Witnesses are Christians.
so i still bug them hehe xD

Niall!
30-01-2008, 01:16 PM
where do i sign up?:8

Just bend over and sign your name on the paper..

ToxicPaddy
30-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Yea we have the same problem here. Years ago when my uncle was like 20, he lived in an apartment and jehovanas witnesses knocked at the door, and he was like 'yes im intrested, but i got no time see my apartment is in a terrible mess and i got a lot to do tidying it up' and they were like 'oh dont worry we will clean it up for you :)' and they did and when they finished he was like 'im not intrested sorry'

Ashley 12344
31-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Yea we have the same problem here. Years ago when my uncle was like 20, he lived in an apartment and jehovanas witnesses knocked at the door, and he was like 'yes im intrested, but i got no time see my apartment is in a terrible mess and i got a lot to do tidying it up' and they were like 'oh dont worry we will clean it up for you :)' and they did and when they finished he was like 'im not intrested sorry'

Obviously, as they regularly clean peoples houses.

ToxicPaddy
31-01-2008, 07:14 PM
Obviously, as they regularly clean peoples houses.

Did I detect sarcasm?

This was years ago I'm on about, they might not do it anymore.

Kaine
01-02-2008, 03:52 AM
I've pwned so many Jehovahs with my classic one liners like:

*opens door* Sorry, I'm not jewish! *slams door*

*opens door* God hates you, you know that, right? *slams door*

*opens door* REMOVED JEHOVAHS! *slams door*

*opens door* Somewhere in the world right now, a jehovah is touching a child. *slams door*

Edited by REDNECK (Forum Moderator): Please do not avoid the language filter.

cunning
01-02-2008, 05:07 AM
I wouldn't say I hate them. I just tell them, "I'm not interested." and call it a day.

Combo
01-02-2008, 08:10 AM
I love em, there so interesting

One lives directly across the road from me.

Come down my house and i'll show you. You can find out more about them.
xoxox. :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!