PDA

View Full Version : And its Gone.

Sulai
31-01-2008, 09:34 AM
As of yesterday, habboMeadow closed.

RIP

A long Goodbye

Sadly, D-Day has arrived, and we have to sadly wave goodbye to Habbo Meadow for good.

"I know that one day I'll regret this, but I think the time has come.

You may have noticed that I haven't been around much these past few months. Unfortunately I just lack the enthusiasm that I used to have and is needed to run a successful Habbo fansite. You may have noticed that I myself haven't really had any input into the site since a few weeks before Christmas, Rich has been doing it all. Therefore I have decided that Habbo Meadow and all related sites will be closed as of January 30th 2008. I've decided on this date because this is the date our vBulletin license runs out so we may as well make the most of it. Habbo Meadow has been open since September 2005 and I think it's fair to say that it's had a good run. I'm almost 17 and I don't want to be running a Habbo fansite for all my life, I think I've had my fun.

You may be wondering why I've decided to close it and not sell it on considering that I'd probably be able to get a lot of money for it. I've always said that I'd never sell Habbo Meadow to anyone else because I don't want someone else owning my creation. The site's been a great hobby of mine for several years now and has been my pride and joy. I just couldn't see anyone else claiming it as their own.

I'm sorry to everyone who visited the site frequently and to all the regular forum members. It's you guys that made the site the great success that it was and I can't thank you enough. I know a lot of people used to the site for our graphics library and blank alterations, so if you'd still like to use them then feel free to save them to your computer before everything's taken offline.

There is one person though that deserves a very special mention and the site definitely wouldn't be what it is today without him. He joined Habbo Meadow way back in early 2006 and has stuck with the site ever since. Rich, I'm sorry that I'm bringing it all to an end. I know that like me the site was a great hobby of yours and I'm sorry that I'm taking it away from you. You've put so much effort into the site and I can't thank you enough.

Well I guess that's it. I've enjoyed every minute of it and it'll definitely be something that sticks with me for the rest of my life, you know, something to tell the grand kids

Thanks to anyone who has ever visited the site"

Thank you for everyone who made Habbo Meadow happen, with a huge thank you going out to Sam who has been with Habbo Meadow since the day it opened, and boy wasnt it different back then.

Sam & Richie signing off, goodbye.

Sam & Richie,
Flumples & MrCone
2005 - 2008

Rest in Piece Habbo Meadow

womanizer
31-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Never heard of it

le harry
31-01-2008, 11:32 AM
heartbroken.

Fifteen
31-01-2008, 11:44 AM
crying ere

jesus
31-01-2008, 02:22 PM
it has no importance to me, but its a shame anyway.. i suppose.

yido
31-01-2008, 02:28 PM
kk bye.

GommeInc
31-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Meh, my small violin has gone missing, so I can't play a wee diddy on it. I'm sure it'll be missed by some people. If you ask me, it's a silly idea not transferring ownership to someone...

Charlie
31-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Considering Richie did a good job of the forum, he could of left that running with Richie in control, instead of shuting it all down. I didn't use it much or anything but I'm sure people will miss it.

Finkelstien
31-01-2008, 03:01 PM
It really was popular in its time but that was a few years ago. I do agree though the forum was well used and really should have stayed open.

Gangster
31-01-2008, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDa-0-63jBc

Edited by Tweety (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Abbie.
31-01-2008, 04:48 PM
*tumbleweed flys past*

Edited by Tweety (Forum Moderator): Please don't post pointlessly.

Technologic
31-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Never heard of it so i don't give a hoot

Robbie
31-01-2008, 04:56 PM
It's popularity lowered recently, 'tis a shame.

Bonxy
31-01-2008, 05:31 PM
it was a good site..

matt093
31-01-2008, 05:49 PM
I personaly have never heard of the site, seems i havn't missed much....

Err.. Bye.

Frisky
31-01-2008, 10:56 PM
I actually liked this site.
the banner turned me on x_x

Bibliophobia
01-02-2008, 04:44 PM
that was rly heartfelt :)

it was a rly gd site

Minstrels
01-02-2008, 05:07 PM
Habbomeadow - Upseting Habbo users since 2005-2008.
http://lastrow.files.wordpress.com/2006/10/agony-of-defeat.jpg

Bibliophobia
01-02-2008, 05:21 PM
http://www.geocities.com/kawedding2002/SadKid2.jpg

benjamin
01-02-2008, 05:22 PM
i remember habbomeadow, used to use the forum when it opened.
it was a good site and really well run, management were nice and friendly etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!