PDA

View Full Version : Are we alone in universe?

Fridayz
06-06-2005, 05:45 PM
Well just random question really :p

But do you believe in UFO's? Aliens?

I was watching a documentary on UFO's the other night and the list of sightings and pictures is incredible. And the story that caught my attention was a guy that worked for the military bases Just off of las vegas (Where they test new planes and stuff).

And the guy was taken to a hangar and was to be shown something. Well when they opened the hangar doors there was a Flying saucer there in the hangar and at 1st the man laughed to himself because everyone was reporting sightings and america had been making them all along. (which is what he first thought)

And then when he was shown inside of this Flying Saucer, All it had was 3 tiny chairs which is when he realised that these were not built by humans.

Well it actually turned out that the secret bases had captured these Flying Saucers and have denied reports ever since. And when they researched how this flew in space and in the atmosphere, they were astonished how much more advanced this was from our technology.

They could not get video or picture footage in this hangar for obvious reasons, But they did one of the most advanced lie detectors and it proved he wasnt lying.

(If you were caught entering this base then they have enough evidence straight away to imprison you for life and they also have right to use heavy weaponary against trespassers)

Now that really did catch my eye and did get me wondering if there is any other forms of life out there.

What do you think? Leave your comments and posts :)

micky.blue.eyes
06-06-2005, 05:49 PM
I know for 99.5% sure there is something out there, there has to be something there, it's impossible that we are the only ones in the huge universe.
I never saw an UFO or alien, so that's why I'm not 100% sure.
I wish I saw one though, it would be uber cool to see one.

Mentor
06-06-2005, 06:24 PM
The univerce is way way to big not to have other life. athogh the majority of it will be less advanced than us, not more advnacd "/

Apparnetly duering the cold war, the russians had spyplains wich used (forgoten name of princible used) to manover, wich were actaly flying sausers, in shape and mechinsm. Athogh for properganda purposes, they blamed this on aliens rather than actaly admiting soviote plains had voloted there air space "/ wich is what caused quite a few of the rumers "/

Plus any speacise cabable of traveling to here, would probly not want anything to do with us. considering we still have issuses with petty things like rasism, what would that be like with speacism ?

Ezzie.
07-06-2005, 12:11 PM
mentor ur making up words again :p

Steven
07-06-2005, 12:46 PM
You never know people could be out there

Ezzie.
07-06-2005, 12:50 PM
Mercury - No life too hot.
Venus - Low oxygen
Earth - work it out -.-
Mars - Possibly , but there is a lot of potassium?[Fungus has been found on Mars]
Jupiter - No air
Saturn - Nope , no oxygen
Not sure about others
PLuto - Too cold for anything.

everything you said there is wrong lmao how do you even know that they're like us they could be non users of air they might breath somthing in instead- carbon dioxide? you never know mate and if it was too cold for anything it could easily still have life on it, underground etc

Metric.
07-06-2005, 01:04 PM
:S there could be? I dont think about it often?

Digital
07-06-2005, 05:39 PM
there is something out there 'Mentor' hes wierd :D

---MAD---
07-06-2005, 05:52 PM
SPACE IS HUGE!
You have no way of saying there isnt life, i am sure there is or there is no point of the other universes and planets and galaxys :).

Hopefully some day we will meet some alien lol, how scary :p.

lauralol
07-06-2005, 05:58 PM
I've never been one to believe in stuff like that, but I don't believe against it either. Though in yr 7 or 8 i done this project thing on that ahhh umm i forgot what it was rofl. That big alien thing? was it something like are 41 or something ah i cant remember. Well anyway I done a project on it and found out loads of interesting stuff which really changed my views

Zephur
07-06-2005, 06:00 PM
One black hole is a million times bigger than the sun...
Space is so vast it's hard to comprehend.

I really do think there is other beings out there, but like Mentor said, why would they want to get involved with us?
Our scientists would want to disect them, run tests etc.

Why would they pay us a visit?

Mentor
07-06-2005, 06:02 PM
One black hole is a million times bigger than the sun...
Space is so vast it's hard to comprehend.

I really do think there is other beings out there, but like Mentor said, why would they want to get involved with us?
Our scientists would want to disect them, run tests etc.

Why would they pay us a visit?
Then again, they could be just like us. Aka like the evil ones in movies, and take us up to disect and exspement on, just like the givement would probly have done to them, if we were the ones catching them.

---MAD---
07-06-2005, 06:19 PM
why would there be other planets if they werent going to be used? ;)

Digital
07-06-2005, 06:47 PM
some are full of gases and stuff, + it might be to cold for life or to hot

Ezzie.
07-06-2005, 06:52 PM
i see yup's edited his comment ;) thankyou :p
and also yeh mentors right they wouldn't want to visit us and did you know if you was in a black hole it would either take you to another part of the universe or rip to you pieces limb from limb :p

BlueTails
07-06-2005, 07:21 PM
They Are Real, More Real Than My Tails,

So Yes, There Are... I Believe Nothing Is Impossible

Lindzi
07-06-2005, 08:26 PM
People say that just because a human or animal from this planet couldn't live there then it's impossible maybe theres life out there that would die on planet Earth and lives somewhere like mercury

la-ur-en
07-06-2005, 09:38 PM
some are full of gases and stuff, + it might be to cold for life or to hot

Okay, first of all, the reason people say things like 'too cold' and 'too warm' is because it is too hot or cold for life on earth to get exposed to, the living things on this planet are on this planet because this is the only place they can survive, maybe there is other type of life on other planets that can only live on the heat or the coldness of these planets. What scientists meant was it was too hot for 'earthlings' to live on, they have no evidence that there is no life as they can't do tests as the planets are either too hot or too cold.
I personally believe that there is life on other planets, they are probably thinking 'i wonder if there is life on earth' and either earth is too hot or too cold, or there is not enough of the atmosphere on this planet for them to survive, it is all very possible.

.Amberz.
08-06-2005, 06:37 AM
why would there be other planets if they werent going to be used? ;)

Lol, I agree... :eusa_thin

-Soph-
08-06-2005, 03:21 PM
I was watching a documentary on UFO's the other night and the list of sightings and pictures is incredible. And the story that caught my attention was a guy that worked for the military bases Just off of las vegas (Where they test new planes and stuff).

I watched it too, its really strange isnt it.... (it was in arizona :p, in phoenix)
and what makes it worse is....
IM MOVING THERE AFTER CHRISTMAS!!!!
lol

Fridayz
08-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Lmao sophie :p

I think it was on discovery, Or one of them programes.

micky.blue.eyes
08-06-2005, 06:17 PM
The thing you see in movies and people say they have been kidnapped by aliens and that aliens do weird science stuff on kidnapped people, I think that if we meet aliens, it will be the other way round, I think that humans, with no respect for aliens ofcourse, will just take or even kill an alien and examen the alien and do weird tests on them, not aliens on humans.
But who knows what aliens will do. :)

misspartyqueen
08-06-2005, 06:26 PM
i think they are out der :p and i agree why are there other planets if we not gonna use em ? you cant just say they were made by gases and be donee with it :eusa_thin

cocaine
08-06-2005, 07:08 PM
Well, we can't be alone is this gigantic universe, can we?

Pulchritudinous
08-06-2005, 07:24 PM
There was water discovered on the surface of Mars, which may mean life once existed there, even if aliens they are extroadinally different from humans, I think they would need some sort of food/drink to survive.

We are just one planet, and there is another 9, perhaps there may be life in a planet not yet explored, and they are unaware of life in earth either, it's a hard question to answer, as I do not know enough scientifically, and I can't be pooped to use google.

Another strange thing...what would aliens look like, it's very easy to think of the skinny green things we see of films, but they could look like us, that would be pretty fascinating, to have life in another planet who all looked just like us.

RedStratocas
08-06-2005, 08:07 PM
I think there is life, but it isnt as advanced as us. Look at animals and bugs. There are a million different living things on earth, dont think there will be aliens as advanced as us.

If we do find life, it would probly be bugs of some sort.

*Correction, we have 10 planets in our solar system. One was discovered last year, but we cant see it easily.*

Pulchritudinous
09-06-2005, 08:11 PM
I think there is life, but it isnt as advanced as us. Look at animals and bugs. There are a million different living things on earth, dont think there will be aliens as advanced as us.

If we do find life, it would probly be bugs of some sort.

*Correction, we have 10 planets in our solar system. One was discovered last year, but we cant see it easily.*

I said us and 9 others, 9 + 1 = 10.

Sorry, I think you mean 11 anyway, I just numbered to main ones that everybody knows.

Mentor
09-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Urmm, why are we counting planets? yes there are the useal ten, as edna number 11 isnt particaly well known, being such a resent descovey "/

so is only know to those who realy follw this sort of thing, most exsam boared, and education still referes to the primaryt 10 "/

Digital
09-06-2005, 08:17 PM
Okay, first of all, the reason people say things like 'too cold' and 'too warm' is because it is too hot or cold for life on earth to get exposed to, the living things on this planet are on this planet because this is the only place they can survive, maybe there is other type of life on other planets that can only live on the heat or the coldness of these planets. What scientists meant was it was too hot for 'earthlings' to live on, they have no evidence that there is no life as they can't do tests as the planets are either too hot or too cold.
I personally believe that there is life on other planets, they are probably thinking 'i wonder if there is life on earth' and either earth is too hot or too cold, or there is not enough of the atmosphere on this planet for them to survive, it is all very possible.

hmm? bet u just love to quote?

Pulchritudinous
10-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Urmm, why are we counting planets? yes there are the useal ten, as edna number 11 isnt particaly well known, being such a resent descovey "/

so is only know to those who realy follw this sort of thing, most exsam boared, and education still referes to the primaryt 10 "/

Don't know, I always go off topic.

Luayminator
10-06-2005, 02:55 PM
everything you said there is wrong lmao how do you even know that they're like us they could be non users of air they might breath somthing in instead- carbon dioxide? you never know mate and if it was too cold for anything it could easily still have life on it, underground etc

If its too cold on pluto, THEY CANT LIVE UNDERGROUND. Pluto is gas.

hedgeog325
10-06-2005, 04:07 PM
I dunno if i believe in UFO's or aliens :p

Mentor
10-06-2005, 04:51 PM
Plutos not gas? its solid land "/

la-ur-en
10-06-2005, 05:54 PM
hmm? bet u just love to quote?
Yup, it's the greatest thing since sliced bread...

Detox
11-06-2005, 11:19 AM
I have thought about this before and i do believe that there is beings out there who we do not know about yet. This may be because I am a big fan of The X-Files :P

Magnet
11-06-2005, 11:40 AM
In my school, me and my friend have set up a big alien thing. We are making a website to get people from all over the world to send in their stories and join.

Visit www.iwasabducted.com for a good Alien website.

I made a thread about this but it wasn't popular!

Jesus-Egg
11-06-2005, 03:12 PM
I think there is life out there. If there is life in our solar system (apart from us), it is likely to be similar to bacteria found on earth. And who says life should only be confined to planets? One of the moons of either saturn or jupiter (can't remember which planet, and what the moon's called) has a surface made of water ice, and it is thought that there could be oceans of liquid water under the surface that could be home to life.
What about outside the solar system? There are billions of galaxies, each one the home of billions of stars, and a few million of these stars could be the centre of planetary systems, with planets similar to earth, that could be the home of life. If you think of it this way, it seems certain that there must be life out there; it's impossible that with a universe this big we're on our own. The life out there waiting for us to find will be unimaginable. All life that we know is based on the element carbon. There could be life out there based on elements such as silicon, or maybe even elements that are poisonous to life on earth. And to stay alive, we respire, and plants also photosynthesise, but life out there could use completely different chemical reactions, meaning they can survive in a completely different environment than that on earth.
And if there are other universes, with completely different laws of physics, and completely different elements, life there would be even more impossible to imagine than what is waiting for us in our own universe. Nobody know what is out there, but what life is waiting for us will be amazing to study, and if there is life with an intelligence beyond the intelligence of humans, it will be amazing to see their technology, and to compare their understanding of the universe with our own.

Mentor
11-06-2005, 03:37 PM
I think there is life out there. If there is life in our solar system (apart from us), it is likely to be similar to bacteria found on earth. And who says life should only be confined to planets? One of the moons of either saturn or jupiter (can't remember which planet, and what the moon's called) has a surface made of water ice, and it is thought that there could be oceans of liquid water under the surface that could be home to life.

Uropa :D

Plus, athogh its mostly cosnidered every life form on earth uses oxigne in some shape or form for energy, or requires sun light, its not compleaty true, it wasnt till we had resonble advnaced life forms oxigne was even used as a form of engery, with the invent for microcondira. There are a few echo systems deep under sea around volcnic vents, which have evolved compleatys sepereatly from the main speacis inhanditing eath, and draw power from a cemical reactions, and the heat reliced from the volcnic vents, without uses ether oxigen or sunlight in anyway.

Syd
11-06-2005, 04:30 PM
I know defintely for sure, that we are not alone. Somewhere in the universe there is a planet maybe even a star that has evolved and there are some forms of life. Not neccesarily on Mars or Jupiter. But where there's a will, they're is always a way. There's a been a lot of speculation about whether there is life forms in the universe, I believe there is. They won't be ugly or scary, they'll be like us, intelligent, modest and knowledgable. They'll have their own way of living. I know sometime in the future the world will end, but they won't be the one's to do it. To be honest, when people say "I have been abducted by aliens" there are some life form out thetre yes, but necessarily they'll have been maybe day dreaming or have an over active imagination. If they have fair enough, but they shouldn't be so anxious to tell people, it get's them uptight and they start to panic. Predictors are saying that the worl will end in the year 2006. Other's say 2060, some may be right some may be wrong. The worst possible way to be extinct is to have not lived a meaningful life. If you have experience of life, then you'll have had a normal and respectful life. Most people say I'm not afraid of death, but when it comes in all shapes and forms they will be. The thing to say to yourself is, We'll all die someday. Nobody lives eternally.

So the answer to the question is:

Yes I do believe in Extra Terrestrial life. What I do not believe is that they will come after us and wipe out our species. They're too clever for that.

Annihillating
12-06-2005, 11:57 AM

WOT BOUT BUGS N STUFF THEY CAN LIVE UNDERGROUND

Annihillating
12-06-2005, 12:00 PM
I no a guy hu recons e was abducted n since this guy has never lied to me b4 i do believe in aliens n there is NO was we could b alone in the universe!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!