PDA

View Full Version : Lockpicking guide (Alliance)

Bailey
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
I need 100 lockpicking for the rogue poisons quest (still havnt done lol)

Can anyone give me a guide/tell me where to train it up?

Gnome
03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Go to redridge mountians, and i forgot where but theres lots of spiders, and about 10 boxes?

SKEEN
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Yeah, go to Rebridge where those Spiders are. In the little hut things there are loads of boxes to practise Picklocking on :D.

Bailey
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM
kk thankyou :)

Crimson
04-02-2008, 08:57 PM
Same if anyone knows for horde, i'm level 64 with 90lp ... lol.

mat64
04-02-2008, 11:08 PM
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=205730930&postId=2056025215&sid=1#15

Q: Where do I train my lockpicking?
A: The short and dirty answer is 'everywhere'. Not descriptive enough? Then I shall go into more detail. You might want to get a coffee.

As stated in the paragraph above, different boxes have different skill levels; be they lockboxes, footlockers, strongboxes, junkboxes or whatever. The trick is to find the appropriate boxes for your level and skill in lockpicking.

Sitting comfortably?

For the Alliance, the first 75 levels of lockpicking are a cakewalk. At lvl 16 you'll be sent on a quest to Lakeshire. There a dwarf will send you up to Athler's Mill to retrieve an item from a locked box. When you first arrive there (be wary of spiders, orcs, gnolls and wandering Horde on the way) you'll find the box in question, surrounded by an arc of smaller boxes. The quest box will be 'red' and therefore unlockable by you, but fret not, the other boxes will be within your range. Position yourself properly and you should be within range to pick three, maybe four at a time. The respawn time on the boxes is super low, so by the time you've finished picking box the first box should have repopped. Continue in this fashion until you reach skill lvl 75-100; they should all have gone grey now.

For the Horde you'll be pleased to note there's a similar situation. Your quest will send you to a ship off the Merchant Coast, south of Ratchet. In common with the Alliance quest, there are a number of boxes with short respawn times in close proximity to one another. Same directions apply.

Charly
07-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Does anyone know where to go after 105? :P
Im lvl 54 human with 105 lp :D

Edit - Found One :D
http://forums.hexus.net/hexus-mmog/44077-lockpicking-guide-rogues.html

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!