PDA

View Full Version : Just Ordered The New 1.8 TDCI Zetec Ford Focus

Lµke
04-02-2008, 04:23 PM
Went down to the ford dealers yesterday since they had one in the showroom to have alook around and see what differences interior wise there is to the old shape one.

I've gotta say its pritty snazzy, my dad added two extra options for £650 extra, which was privacy glass (two rear and back windows tinted black) and £550 for the upgraded console which included built in satnav,which ive gotta say sets the center console of a treat! Its also got that new bluetooth technology in where u can record voice commands for things like the stereo to play when u say "stereo" for example.

Dealers said it could take anywhere between 4-6 weeks, or could be sooner than 4 weeks depending if they've got one already made and ready to ship

Bad news is; i haven't passed my test yet but im due to take in near the end of march (hopefully) as ive passed my theory test! This new car should be inspriation to pass! Not many 17 year olds can drive a brand new car after they pass there test :P.

Interior with centre upgraded center console:
http://www.ford.co.uk/spg/getImage.asp?imageName=SPG_3_28_0_35458.jpg&filename=pop.jpg
http://www.ford.co.uk/spg/getImage.asp?imageName=SPG_3_28_0_35467.jpg&filename=FF_Focus_Pop_1.jpg

L!nK..
04-02-2008, 04:28 PM
Wow very nice, lucky you Luke.

Goodluck on your test, and ahh your 17 and going to drive that O.oooo very lucky lol.

enjoy

Yitz
04-02-2008, 04:57 PM
To be honest. Passed my test in Dec 2006

Got the New Clio, Bought it jsut before the 07' plate come out in March..

So in theory i drove a new car after passing test first time with onnly 4 minors ;]

GTA-Andy
04-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Someone has too much money... kidding, however after looking at the new Focus the other day I couldn't find any major improvements over the old model, not when you can still get one brand new for 4k cheaper.

Lµke
04-02-2008, 08:03 PM
Someone has too much money... kidding, however after looking at the new Focus the other day I couldn't find any major improvements over the old model, not when you can still get one brand new for 4k cheaper.

True, but i couldn't really have a say in what one we got, as my dad was buying it, haha! Although the driving position in the new Focus is very comfy - especially with the adjustments in the seats for the different parts of your back.

Metric.
04-02-2008, 08:10 PM
looks mint

GTA-Andy
04-02-2008, 08:16 PM
True, but i couldn't really have a say in what one we got, as my dad was buying it, haha! Although the driving position in the new Focus is very comfy - especially with the adjustments in the seats for the different parts of your back.
I agree one that actually, however the Focus is still too small for me, my Fiesta doesn't try to have back seats so I fit in with much more legroom. Enjoy a great car anyways, cant go wrong with a Ford ;)

By the way, what colour have you ordered?

Metric.
04-02-2008, 08:18 PM
i like the fusion!

GommeInc
04-02-2008, 08:19 PM
Ah that's finally coming out into the UK? I am fascinated by the new Ford Fusion :P

Metric.
04-02-2008, 08:23 PM
is it the car or that ugly suv thing?

Lµke
04-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I agree one that actually, however the Focus is still too small for me, my Fiesta doesn't try to have back seats so I fit in with much more legroom. Enjoy a great car anyways, cant go wrong with a Ford ;)

By the way, what colour have you ordered?

Its funny you should say that, my dads always been a vauxhall man, but since he works in the car industry, and has had word that the new astras have fiat engines (or some parts are fiats - cant remember) its totally put him off buying one, so thats why he went for a ford and when he had the test drive that was it then, haha!

Its similar to the picture i posted, except its more grey than silver? idk. All the colours in the book to choose from where all dark - didn't like any of them myself.

Ah that's finally coming out into the UK? I am fascinated by the new Ford Fusion :P

As far as i am aware its already out in the UK? Although i don't know myself as i haven't seen any on the road where i live yet.

Metric.
04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008_ford_fusion_sport_appearance_package.jpg

GommeInc
04-02-2008, 08:32 PM
http://www.thetorquereport.com/2008_ford_fusion_sport_appearance_package.jpg
That could be out, but I've not seen it around anywhere :P It's weird how the Fusion has changed from a compact car to a family saloon.

Metric.
04-02-2008, 08:40 PM
That could be out, but I've not seen it around anywhere :P It's weird how the Fusion has changed from a compact car to a family saloon.
the compact looks much better

tdi
04-02-2008, 08:44 PM
the old fusion was disgusting, ugh.

lew!
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
tbh id rather get a cheaper car at first, and that later on. because seeing as you will only just passed your test, your still going to be a bit of a bad driver and have little knocks and bumps, e.g parking a little bit close to a wall... thats a few scratches

Metric.
04-02-2008, 08:48 PM
the old fusion was disgusting, ugh.

this is the first fusion model we have had in america.

Kewl
04-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I've just paid for a fiesta zetec from ford, with the privacy glass, alloy wheels n what not, and it does look very nice ^^

Even though i'm waiting until march to get it so I get an 08 plate

tdi
04-02-2008, 08:55 PM
this is the first fusion model we have had in america.

et voila.
http://z.about.com/d/cars/1/7/m/l/ford_fusion.jpg

lAscend
04-02-2008, 08:59 PM
Went down to the ford dealers yesterday since they had one in the showroom to have alook around and see what differences interior wise there is to the old shape one.

I've gotta say its pritty snazzy, my dad added two extra options for £650 extra, which was privacy glass (two rear and back windows tinted black) and £550 for the upgraded console which included built in satnav,which ive gotta say sets the center console of a treat! Its also got that new bluetooth technology in where u can record voice commands for things like the stereo to play when u say "stereo" for example.

Dealers said it could take anywhere between 4-6 weeks, or could be sooner than 4 weeks depending if they've got one already made and ready to ship

Bad news is; i haven't passed my test yet but im due to take in near the end of march (hopefully) as ive passed my theory test! This new car should be inspriation to pass! Not many 17 year olds can drive a brand new car after they pass there test :P.

Interior with centre upgraded center console:
http://www.ford.co.uk/spg/getImage.asp?imageName=SPG_3_28_0_35458.jpg&filename=pop.jpg
http://www.ford.co.uk/spg/getImage.asp?imageName=SPG_3_28_0_35467.jpg&filename=FF_Focus_Pop_1.jpg

Nice car and not many 17 year olds want to waste there money once there brand new car is crashed however this is not always the case i should be getting it next year or hopefully at the end of this year as ive have always loved the fords as they are cheap on parts also, hope you enjoy it!! :):)

GTA-Andy
04-02-2008, 09:45 PM
To clear the above up, the North American Fusion is a Mondeo sized car that has never been sold here, the European Fusion is a jacked up Fiesta that is completely unrelated. The New Focus in this topic is a facelift of the older Mk2 Focus, neither of which are on sale in America as they also have their own (New) Mk2 Focus. (All confusing I know.)

Anyways back on the subject, I know the colour you mean, it's most likely Avalon.

Metric.
04-02-2008, 09:56 PM
To clear the above up, the North American Fusion is a Mondeo sized car that has never been sold here, the European Fusion is a jacked up Fiesta that is completely unrelated. The New Focus in this topic is a facelift of the older Mk2 Focus, neither of which are on sale in America as they also have their own (New) Mk2 Focus. (All confusing I know.)

Anyways back on the subject, I know the colour you mean, it's most likely Avalon.

that focus is available in the us.

poll
04-02-2008, 09:58 PM
lool at gettin insured in a 1.8 and TDCI know what insurance category thats in? why not get a porsche?

tdi
04-02-2008, 10:50 PM
lool at gettin insured in a 1.8 and TDCI know what insurance category thats in? why not get a porsche?
not very much, probably. it's a diesel so it'll keep it down.

a 1.9 GT TDI Golf is £660 for me.

poll
04-02-2008, 10:52 PM

but you stated yours was on aT reg and 110k miles i think a brand new one and yee its not gonna be cheap

tdi
04-02-2008, 10:54 PM
but you stated yours was on aT reg and 110k miles i think a brand new one and yee its not gonna be cheap
probably not, but it'll probably equal a 1.4-1.6 petrol in price.

(although I'm not sure how much this focus costs so meh.)

jesus
04-02-2008, 11:15 PM
nice car!

GTA-Andy
05-02-2008, 07:20 AM

that focus is available in the us.
It's not, the European Mk1 was, the Mk2 and 2.5 is not. The 2.5 in this topic is unrelated to your Mk2.

Lµke
05-02-2008, 02:24 PM

Its in category 6 in the ABI.

Yeah it does keep it down, the petrol model in 1.8 is in group 8 so with it being a diesel it knocks two groups off and a whole lot off the insurance.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!