PDA

View Full Version : Three-parent embryo formed

Spectate
05-02-2008, 04:46 PM
"Scientists believe they have made a breakthrough in IVF treatment by creating a human embryo with three separate parents.

"The Newcastle University team believe the technique could help to eradicate a whole class of hereditary diseases, including some forms of epilepsy."

What are your thoughts? Science gone too far or perfectly acceptable for a good cause?

jesus
05-02-2008, 05:08 PM
gone too far - theres no need for a '3rd parent' in cases like this :S

efq
05-02-2008, 05:27 PM
I think they should start into thinking of mixing DNA's so we can live on a different planet.

kk.
05-02-2008, 05:33 PM
they wouldnt mix DNA, they would look for a planet that could support a false atmosphere.

it has gone too far really but it wouldnt be a third parent in a way. it depends what genes are taken from them because it may be physical from one and other stuff from another.

Still, IVF is not even needed and you shouldn't use it unless you cannot concieve. unlike what i learnt when a bother and a sister used the brothers sperm and a womans egg and the sister was the surrogate (i think) just to get the fortune that the parents left (they neeeded a child to get the fortune)

Virgin Mary
05-02-2008, 05:36 PM
What do you tell the child?

Markness.
05-02-2008, 06:40 PM
"mum, who's my dad"
"thats guy... and his friend"
Next day in the sun;
Child's mind explodes

Breakfloor
05-02-2008, 06:51 PM
they havent gone too far. this is great. maybe they can develope what they have in this child/person when its born to cure deseases

lew!
05-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Its confusing, so basicly theyve created the child from 3 parents?

Like, one egg, half of one sperm and half of another??

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!