PDA

View Full Version : Rollers- A New, Undeclared Rare? FAQ

floyd
06-06-2005, 10:55 PM
People throughout habbo hotel have found the simple, yet best selling rollers to be a sensatioal rare. Regardless of their low price in the catalogue, they seem to be worth much more than Callie expected them to be. Within various trade rooms, you can see people trading rares, and mass amounts of furniture for these items. The main questions that are asked about this topic are
a.) should the catalogue price of the roller be raised in order to increase profit for the hotel?
b.) about how much is a roller approximately worth?
c.)If I am to purchase a roller, what are some good things that I can do with it?

consequently, I got out my pen and paper and consulted the experts, the richest of the rich (with rollers) on their answers to the questions. I also answered in my opinion for what its worth.

A.) A roller collector who owns a shop that consists entirely of these devices said that for the sake of habbo, he hopes that Callie does not raise the cost of rollers. Rollers are too expensive already and the packages are too tempting to buy.

Therefore, he and many habbos believed that the supposed rare must not be raised in price because it is already too pricy for such a fun pixelated object.

In my opinion as a roller-trading habbo, I agree with the majority of the people that believe the price should not be raised, but from the hotel's perspective, the site itself cost about $30 a month to run, workers and moderators have to be payed, and money has to go into fresh minds with new and exciting ideas that will keep people buying credits. If rollers were raised by just 1 credit, the hotel would make major profits because so many people are buying them. Therefore, the hotel would stay in buisness longer and new ideas can be brought to the game.

B.) Rollers can be worth anywhere from 7-30 credits. The most I have seen was a my roller for a dicemaster

C.) Searching the hotel and entering many rooms brought me to about 3 conclusions of the best and most popular ways to use rollers with as little as two of them. First, the all new roller gyms have been created and are increasingly popular. Just two rollers make a treadmill and can give you hours of pointless fun. Number two, if you are an owner of a furni shop, your days of telling people to get out of the way of the door, or move up in the line are over. The rollers, set up in your usuall lineup space will make people move up. Also, make a theme park. throw some chairs onto a bunch of rollers that are set up in a circular formation and even try charging entrance fees to your so called "roller coasters", not that it will work for long.

In conclusion, rollers are very popular and versatile for almost anytype of room.

Moved by crashb555 (Forum Moderator): Moved from 'Habbo UK News and Rumours' please post in the correct forum

Ranger
06-06-2005, 11:00 PM
Are you bored?

Steven
06-06-2005, 11:03 PM
Nice article

GommeInc
06-06-2005, 11:04 PM
Interesting Article, although this is in the wrong forum it doesn't matter.

dannyboymed
06-06-2005, 11:06 PM
A bit late... But nice.

Calzeh
06-06-2005, 11:53 PM
They are only so popular because they are new. I think that the sales of these items will decrease in time to come. Also the price wouldnt be raised if lots were sold, Habbo would more likely be able to afford to sell them for less. Since they are a norm, it isn't likely that the price will change. The excitement of rollers will become less, just like it did for any other new furni. New things attract attention, which explains the success of them. :)

Interesting points you made though! :eusa_danc

=Sean...
07-06-2005, 01:18 AM
Callie will want to raise the price; Habbo ONLY cares about money. They are a business.

Motorollo
07-06-2005, 03:43 AM
after a while no will care abut rollers its just cause they look cool

MissAlice
07-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Rollers a sensational rare? I hardly think so. I personally haven't bought one. There was so much talk prior to them being released. All that hype.... amazing. Yes the roller has its uses and for me so far I've failed to come up with a reason to buy 5 let alone 15, in fact I haven’t even bought one, although I do have 2 which are used to prevent door blocking. Lol, one is in my pet’s room, as they often block me. It's a very clever ploy to sell them as a package of 3 or 5 (25 credits for 5 – I personally would sooner buy or trade for the latest rare costing 25 credits, like the dragon or the badly named cushion (Pillow - A cloth case, stuffed with something soft, such as down, feathers, or foam rubber, used to cushion the head, especially during sleep.) both of which to me have probably so far been the nicest new pieces of furni released. What was habbo thinking when they released the roller? Profit, profit, and more profit I can only assume.

If I come up with an idea to make a room using rollers, then maybe I might be in the market for some, until then I won’t be rushing to buy/trade for any. I wonder how many other habbos feel the same way as I do.

Finally, I run a regular monthly competition for Habbox called Room-With-A-View, each month I choose a theme; surprisingly for the month of June it’s the roller. I will be more than interested to see just how many entries we get and just how successful the roller really is.

Vause
07-06-2005, 09:18 AM
Its a nice artcle, bit late, well said alice :)

?-Doc-?
07-06-2005, 10:33 AM
Musta spent alot of time , and effort. *clap clap* but you are indeed bored :P Lmao.
-
Rollers are not rare at all , u might not even call them super norms.
They were realised to be a big hit in the 1st week.
You can get them very cheap now , even below selling price.

?-Doc-?
07-06-2005, 10:35 AM
And Plus + They add HEAPS of laggg.
Have you ever wondered all those new moving furni?
Just causes more lagg , there should be like uhmmm...
Petals , Released as rare. But only for lets say , 5 hours.
This will ensure they will be quite rare.
-
Lol, still it might not make it to the super rares.
Its just really stupid, i was looking forward to owning a few.
They arnt that flash now. Seeing i dont play habbo , theres just no reason.

Blader_Boy
07-06-2005, 11:47 AM
i would say 8-10 rollers = hc simple :p

Dust-Ball.
07-06-2005, 11:54 AM
Are you bored?
the rollers should be much cheaper than what they are and they are not a rare, just because they are 25 creds for 5 doesnt mean they are a rare :s :s :s :s :s :eusa_booh :eusa_booh

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!