PDA

View Full Version : Overiding Xs Cannot Play In Events! // Also no weddings Tonight

mlp16
05-02-2008, 05:37 PM
If the Room limit is 25/25 and a X enters the room making it above 25 All Xs cannot play. As lost witness said.

However, IrJen Jamm06 And Keico or summin still got a badge..

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/740/odeazd4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

He also Said there is no wedding tonight!

:....:mike:....:
05-02-2008, 05:40 PM
If the Room limit is 25/25 and a X enters the room making it above 25 All Xs cannot play. As lost witness said.

However, IrJen Jamm06 And Keico or summin still got a badge..

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/740/odeazd4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

He also Said there is no wedding tonight!
You chose to participate.

If you feel something is wrong, take it up to the admin, let me know your concern. Maybe someday they will consider disabling the X program to remove all complaints in regards to abuse made by power obsessed jerks.

Then again, I would be speaking out of my bum if I was to say they would actually listen to you.

Kardan
05-02-2008, 05:42 PM
That's perfectly fair :) Good to see that in place actually :)

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 05:44 PM
If you're upset on the matter, inform your X's of this little suggestion:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4418904&postcount=56

mlp16
05-02-2008, 05:46 PM
If you're upset on the matter, inform your X's of this little suggestion:

http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4418904&postcount=56 (http://www.habboxforum.com/showpost.php?p=4418904&postcount=56)

Basicly what a Habbo X aka ChainGang just said Habbo Xs should go first so they dont have to do it later..

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 05:48 PM
Basicly what a Habbo X aka ChainGang just said Habbo Xs should go first so they dont have to do it later..

Lol... And they expect that to work? Ha, you'd be better with room override than that. X's aren't X's for 'priority access', they're there to welcome Habbos. Funny that, how some peoples duties are getting a bit... overshadowed by their own needs.

Hiro
05-02-2008, 05:49 PM
irJen always gets badges...
or something like that.

GommeInc
05-02-2008, 05:54 PM
I can see the logic. I don't know whos daft idea it was to let them have room access to full rooms, what part of their job requires that?!

mlp16
05-02-2008, 05:55 PM
What was annoying sitting there.. waiting.. and waiting.. and as lost enterd the room about 10 Xs followed him. and sat down, making mine and other normal habbo chances reduced. if the X wanted to take part, then why didnt they join the room before it was full?

Quoted from Mrcorn

We need room override so we can host events

The Xs arnt even hosting the Event..

Also if this Xs need room overide when the welcome longe/safety spa/habbo gardens is full, why dont they get that access there or even why dont habbo allow the rooms to hold more people.

I just feel it maybe time for a new system or even the X programme to be redone. Some new Xs shouldnt have been an X and most of there attitude is terrible.

Sharpsterz
05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
No Wedding Tonight

Not Surprised About That

The Hallway Riots Worked Tho :P

Kardan
05-02-2008, 05:57 PM
I can see the logic. I don't know whos daft idea it was to let them have room access to full rooms, what part of their job requires that?!

Access to the Welcome Lounge/Safety Spa/Gaming rooms when full, which it usually is :)

Access to the Habbo Gardens in order to host Infobus sessions.

Guest room access for seminars hosted in guest rooms or large meetings.

And to the previous poster who thinks that there was no wedding event due to the riots, that isn't the case, the timetable was published before any events started yesterday, so before the 'riots' and there was no wedding then :)

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 05:58 PM
On the contrary, the X's do host events, once in a blue moon. Hey, why not just enable their room override every once in a blue moon!? Wow, logic > Habbo! Yeah the idea of just those rooms being overriden is good, however they won't do that, since they don't have the power to (yet).

The X system was doomed to fail by the way they put it out, but they can recover it. Mind you, they'll probably drop it once they've realised it was a failure just like the Hobba program.

GommeInc
05-02-2008, 05:59 PM
It's there just to host events? Simple answer to that, when they need to host events, give them that tool. But when no event is planned, take it away.

Can't they edit the permissions so they can get into the Spa/Welcome Lounge and guest rooms owned by other X's (or just themselves) and only those rooms when they're full? There really is no need for full hotel access.

Kardan
05-02-2008, 05:59 PM
It's there just to host events? Simple answer to that, when they need to host events, give them that tool. But when no event is planned, take it away.

It can't be just given then taken away, because if they take it away from all Xs when an event is over, then what if an X wants to X in the WL/SS/Gaming rooms?

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:00 PM
It can't be just given then taken away, because if they take it away from all Xs when an event is over, then what if an X wants to X in the WL/SS/Gaming rooms?

Well... Patience would be an idea. Harsh as it sounds, I can get into the Welcome lounge by waiting at least 1-2 minutes, and Habbo X's jobs aren't given shift times, so they could wait like the rest of us, and given the room override power when needed. As for Snow Storm, well a case of waiting again, and the same with Gaming Rooms.

Kardan
05-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Well... Patience would be an idea I guess.

Well, the X program wouldn't work well if tons of Habbos needed help but no Xs would get in to help :) Habbos would have to leave in order for Xs to get in, but then they wouldn't be able to get back in.

GommeInc
05-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Would they really need access to full rooms in the gaming rooms? No, because they're not always full or have any serious importance to the hotel. Official Habbo (X) events maybe, but not in rooms that aren't in anyway officially run.

Isn't the Welcome Lounge and X Spa there for the purpose of help? Their jobs are getting more pointless with the help of FAQs and Habbo Contact anyway.

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:03 PM
Well, the X program wouldn't work well if tons of Habbos needed help but no Xs would get in to help :) Habbos would have to leave in order for Xs to get in, but then they wouldn't be able to get back in.

Edited my post slightly =P Sorry about that. Habbos leaving daily anyway? It's a drop-in basically.

Kardan
05-02-2008, 06:04 PM
Would they really need access to full rooms in the gaming rooms? No, because they're not always full or have any serious importance to the hotel. Official Habbo (X) events maybe, but not in rooms that aren't in anyway officially run.

Isn't the Welcome Lounge and X Spa there for the purpose of help? Their jobs are getting more pointless with the help of FAQs and Habbo Contact anyway.

Staff can't turn are powers on for speific rooms and turn it off for others. It's either on or off by getting rid of the X badge all together.

GommeInc
05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
Staff can't turn are powers on for speific rooms and turn it off for others. It's either on or off by getting rid of the X badge all together.
I'm sure they can update the system, if Habbo Club members can have HC only rooms, then Habbo eXperts can have their own rooms too.

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:05 PM

I'm sure they could add an extra record, with the same badge and properties, except without room override powers? That wouldn't be that hard, at all. Basically you keep the X badge, but lose the room override till further notice.

I'm sure they can update the system, if Habbo Club members can have HC only rooms, then Habbo eXperts can have their own rooms too.

Well, you have a point there... A big point at that. Gomme, I love you, and how I can make you speechless (:

mlp16
05-02-2008, 06:09 PM
Tbh If the X programme Had Override in Welcome lounge/Safety Spa/Habbo gardens/Public Games rooms.

Hardly any of them Xs would use it. These recent days i have been in the Welcome lounge and not one Habbo X was in it.. The safety spa is hardly ever full, Habbo gardens hardly ever full unless a info bus session (you can arrive 10 mins before and get in with ease) and public games rooms there are soo many of them they are easy to get in.

Theres no need for override in Guest rooms, If you are hosting a Event like Redtiz did with Xevents, A X with common sence would arrive before the event is due to start, plus there are hadly any X events anymore.

CHA!NGANG
05-02-2008, 06:10 PM
Seems Fair enough. And also Pyroka, I didn't say X's should go first :S

I said that if the X's do it on one day then on the others day it will be open. Plus that was just my view and I wasn't saying what should happen. Anyway, the problem has been resolved and X's won't take part I guess. But, if it was the new X's then keep in mind that we are new to the Overide feature and we don't notice it just yet but that will change in time :)

Kardan
05-02-2008, 06:13 PM

Then you'd get most of the Habbos causing this argument going on about how Xs get X only rooms and how it isn't fair etc...

I'm sure they could add an extra record, with the same badge and properties, except without room override powers? That wouldn't be that hard, at all. Basically you keep the X badge, but lose the room override till further notice.

Well, you have a point there... A big point at that. Gomme, I love you, and how I can make you speechless (:

So you're saying we have an X badge with power and X badge without?

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:14 PM

I said that if the X's do it on one day then on the others day it will be open. Plus that was just my view and I wasn't saying what should happen. Anyway, the problem has been resolved and X's won't take part I guess. But, if it was the new X's then keep in mind that we are new to the Overide feature and we don't notice it just yet but that will change in time :)

Ahem, mlp16 mentioned that. Thing is, there's a policy I like to call fairness, and as much as I get irritated by X's, they still deserve the right to play games on the hotel. Just ask to remove the override feature, or disable it using a different badge property. It's really not that hard. Thing is, I'm worried it'll change in time that you abuse it so much that you get a warning for it. I know how Lost_witness hates the X's doing it, I've seen him ******** about it first-hand. If you asked, he would do it.

So you're saying we have an X badge with power and X badge without?

Basically, yes. There would be two records (records being the badges), and one record has the power to override, however one does not. Both badges look exactly the same, and there would be no difference except from the room override.

mlp16

How long does it take to notice that habbos who waited ages in aroom whcih is full which is not a X event which does not need a X for help for you not to enter.

And

I said that if the X's do it on one day then on the others day it will be open. Plus that was just my view and I wasn't saying what should happen.

You just basicly said Habbo Xs get there own private chance to win a badge while other normal habbos dont.. How on earth did u become an X i have never seen you help or seen you in the welocome lounge, you may be a good helper cause i havent seen but, what you are saying in this thread is a load of crap

jesus
no weddings?! :(

good find

GommeInc
05-02-2008, 06:15 PM
They could always just do Habbo eXpert only events which are done in private? Or if there are teamed events, Habbo eXperts versus Habbos, at least it'll get them involved :P Habbo eXperts have faded away lately, either they scrap the program or revive them.

Then you'd get most of the Habbos causing this argument going on about how Xs get X only rooms and how it isn't fair etc...
Who in their right mind would say that?! HCs get their own rooms, so I doubt that'll cause a problem. Also, I meant that Habbo eXperts get access to rooms that they have permissions in, whether they're full or not. Not rooms that are literally only for Habbo eXperts :P

CHA!NGANG
05-02-2008, 06:17 PM
How long does it take to notice that habbos who waited ages in aroom whcih is full which is not a X event which does not need a X for help for you not to enter.

And

You just basicly said Habbo Xs get there own private chance to win a badge while other normal habbos dont.. How on earth did u become an X i have never seen you help or seen you in the welocome lounge, you may be a good helper cause i havent seen but, what you are saying in this thread is a load of crap

Eeek! And nonoonononono that is Not what I am saying at all! The room was already full by the time most X's got there so it wouldn't have made much of a difference to be honest as no-one could get in anyway. Plus, I haven't officially started yet, and I am in the Welcome Lounge quite a bit :)

mlp16
05-02-2008, 06:20 PM

i think he ment like Normal rooms habbos can go in but habbo Xs can overide that certain room if its full so u can help the newbies..

Or even better with your fantastic X events a section on the navigator which is for X events which all Xs have overiding in it. so u can host your eXtra special competitons (some are quite good).

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:20 PM
Eeek! And nonoonononono that is Not what I am saying at all! The room was already full by the time most X's got there so it wouldn't have made much of a difference to be honest as no-one could get in anyway. Plus, I haven't officially started yet, and I am in the Welcome Lounge quite a bit :)

So you need to be told to do your job before you can do it, yet you can take advantage of the powers that come with it?

Oops...

Kardan
05-02-2008, 06:21 PM
Ahem, mlp16 mentioned that. Thing is, there's a policy I like to call fairness, and as much as I get irritated by X's, they still deserve the right to play games on the hotel. Just ask to remove the override feature, or disable it using a different badge property. It's really not that hard. Thing is, I'm worried it'll change in time that you abuse it so much that you get a warning for it. I know how Lost_witness hates the X's doing it, I've seen him ******** about it first-hand. If you asked, he would do it.

Basically, yes. There would be two records (records being the badges), and one record has the power to override, however one does not. Both badges look exactly the same, and there would be no difference except from the room override.

So you're saying add the badge for override when needed for an X event?

Well, then we'd need a staff member everytime an event was taking place. There's not much point in Xs doing events if we need a staff member, because then the staff might aswell do it :)

It's a difficult suituation, basically the Xs can't win competition wise, because we'll get moaned at if we enter before or after the room limit.

They could always just do Habbo eXpert only events which are done in private? Or if there are teamed events, Habbo eXperts versus Habbos, at least it'll get them involved :P Habbo eXperts have faded away lately, either they scrap the program or revive them.

Who in their right mind would say that?! HCs get their own rooms, so I doubt that'll cause a problem. Also, I meant that Habbo eXperts get access to rooms that they have permissions in, whether they're full or not. Not rooms that are literally only for Habbo eXperts :P

Misunderstood :P

Fart
05-02-2008, 06:22 PM
Why should habbo'x peoples have the right to enter a full room in the first place, Its not really needed As you can get into welcome lounge easy enough!
Take it away i way :)
My opinion dont go flame k

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:24 PM
So you're saying add the badge for override when needed for an X event?

Well, then we'd need a staff member everytime an event was taking place. There's not much point in Xs doing events if we need a staff member, because then the staff might aswell do it :)

It's a difficult suituation, basically the Xs can't win competition wise, because we'll get moaned at if we enter before or after the room limit.

Technically most of the time, staff would be on hand since you would need an alert to start the event like usual? There's always some staff on hand, just they don't have the time to do a full-blown event. I'm sure clicking a few buttons wouldn't be a huge chunk out of their busy workplan.

I agree it's a difficult situation, but this is why I think it should be removed. I don't think X's should lose the right to play games in any way. After all:

http://www.sulake.com/export/gallery/img/everyone_can_play.gif

mlp16
05-02-2008, 06:24 PM

Well then if the room is already full, the Xs should wait like us normal habbos until someone leaves not just override it when u shouldnt cause you maye do a quick reload like you say u do as no one can get in. and it would make a difference 25/25 you have a large amount of chance getting in rather than 40/25.

CHA!NGANG
05-02-2008, 06:27 PM
I wasn't abusing it. If you are Joord for example, I was there with everyone else and qued up from the very start like 2 hours before so that I didn't use the overide feature. And when lost moved rooms I didn't go to the next room, instead I wen't to the WL :)

Also, when you enter a room, you don't think to yourself... OK I am going to overide it, you just think that you are going to go into the room.

Anyway, I am leaving this thread before its too late lol :P

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:29 PM
I wasn't abusing it. If you are Joord for example, I was there with everyone else and qued up from the very start like 2 hours before so that I didn't use the overide feature. And when lost moved rooms I didn't go to the next room, instead I wen't to the WL :)

Also, when you enter a room, you don't think to yourself... OK I am going to overide it, you just think that you are going to go into the room.

Very well, if what you say is true then yes, you're one of the more honest X's & maybe I was wrong to accuse you of abusing your powers. There is still a big proportion however, who do otherwise and this is the problem.

05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Very well, if what you say is true then yes, you're one of the more honest X's & maybe I was wrong to accuse you of abusing your powers. There is still a big proportion however, who do otherwise and this is the problem.
You do realize CHA!NGANG is still a newbie Habbo X, right? It is only a matter of time until he reaches the point of power abuse. If he is starting now, who knows what he is capable of doing in the future. :rolleyes:

Virgin Mary
05-02-2008, 06:33 PM
Is irFat ever actually offline?

mlp16
05-02-2008, 06:34 PM

Im not saying you did/didnt override the rooms but the majority of Xs did how many Xs are there?

there was 40+/25 in that room last night
Today was 31/25

The X programme has got boots up it was never like this Before Redtiz left and new Xs were Hired..

I just think You Xs and HEAD Xs should be sorting this out and having a meeting.. then have another meeting to normal habbos, cause when in that room today the Xs (except :Act) wouldnt listen to our views.

Pyroka
05-02-2008, 06:39 PM
Im not saying you did/didnt override the rooms but the majority of Xs did how many Xs are there?

Today was 31/25

The X programme has got boots up it was never like this Before Redtiz left and new Xs were Hired..

I just think You Xs and HEAD Xs should be sorting this out and having a meeting.. then have another meeting to normal habbos, cause when in that room today the Xs (except :Act) wouldnt listen to our views.

There's only a select few X's who do listen to views. They're usually the Head X's and the odd standard X.

You do realize CHA!NGANG is still a newbie Habbo X, right? It is only a matter of time until he reaches the point of power abuse. If he is starting now, you knows what he is capable of doing in the future. :rolleyes:

*grin* No comment.

CHA!N, I just imagined you jumping out of this thread as it 'explodes' and I don't know why, but it really made me lol. xD

05-02-2008, 06:42 PM

Today was 31/25

I finally found out arguing about stuff regarding the way X's act is pathetic and unnecessary because no matter how much you do it will never change. If they feel that the program is "successful", then they will of course feel that they won't want to change the system. I finally also concluded that Habbo does not choose to listen to their players complaining about the things they run because they think it is all jealousy and nothing more. Put it this way, just give up.

mlp16
05-02-2008, 06:44 PM
I finally found out arguing about stuff regarding the way X's act is pathetic and unnecessary because no matter how much you do it will never change. If they feel that the program is "successful", then they will of course feel that they won't want to change the system. I finally also concluded that Habbo does not choose to listen to their players complaining about the things they run because they think it is all jealousy and nothing more. Put it this way, just give up.

Why would i give up.. expressing my views..

05-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Why would i give up.. expressing my views..
Don't give up expressing your views; give up trying to change something that will never change.

Kardan
05-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Technically most of the time, staff would be on hand since you would need an alert to start the event like usual? There's always some staff on hand, just they don't have the time to do a full-blown event. I'm sure clicking a few buttons wouldn't be a huge chunk out of their busy workplan.

I agree it's a difficult situation, but this is why I think it should be removed. I don't think X's should lose the right to play games in any way. After all:

http://www.sulake.com/export/gallery/img/everyone_can_play.gif

Thing is some events could take place any time we want, which means staff may not be online. Plus lets say for example, Lost_Witness was the only staff member online, he has nothing to do with the X team so why would he spend his time removing a badge when he has his own work to do?

As I said before, there's not many ****ions to a problem like this. You can't please everyone.

RICHe
05-02-2008, 06:50 PM
i dont see why your moaning about people room overiding, im sure you would if you had the power.

mlp16
05-02-2008, 06:51 PM
Thing is some events could take place any time we want, which means staff may not be online. Plus lets say for example, Lost_Witness was the only staff member online, he has nothing to do with the X team so why would he spend his time removing a badge when he has his own work to do?

As I said before, there's not many ****ions to a problem like this. You can't please everyone.

Please The majority and remove the override system..

05-02-2008, 06:56 PM
i dont see why your moaning about people room overiding, im sure you would if you had the power.

Maybe but that isn't why we are arguing. The fact that people are using it as an advantage to over-ride rooms for competitions is something that should not be allowed and re-considered.

Please The majority and remove the override system..
Sure, if they did that, the community will be a hell lot happier but if they didn't, then we would move on to a new problem. That is why they ignore us.

In regards to Lost_Witness removing your badges: He wouldn't have to, he works right beside the "X" staff and they are not afraid to remove you within a second. So, be careful with what you say on Habboxforum, they are watching and trust me, they will remove your badge if you make a mistake.

Kardan
05-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Maybe but that isn't why we are arguing. The fact that people are using it as an advantage to over-ride rooms for competitions is something that should not be allowed and re-considered.

Sure, if they did that, the community will be a hell lot happier but if they didn't, then we would move on to a new problem. That is why they ignore us.

In regards to Lost_Witness removing your badges: He wouldn't have to, he works right beside the "X" staff and they are not afraid to remove you within a second. So, be careful with what you say on Habboxforum, they are watching and trust me, they will remove your badge if you make a mistake.

I'm discussing the "two badge" solution proposed, I'm not on about Xs not getting their badge removed if they do something wrong :)

Mystifo
05-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Sulake being the multi-million earner per year, the billion habbos and what not, you think they would actually do something for once that we ask, after all I know at least six people who could do the necciscary coding, even make it so x's can only override the guest rooms under the user XEVENTS. After all, the customer is always right.

Joord
05-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I wasn't abusing it. If you ask Joord for example, I was there with everyone else and qued up from the very start like 2 hours before so that I didn't use the overide feature. And when lost moved rooms I didn't go to the next room, instead I wen't to the WL :)

Yeh, that is true. I give my full respects to you, the minority of the honest and kind x's. Unlike the majority of the X's who ran along to the room lostie went to, which really pissed me off.

:Act
05-02-2008, 08:18 PM
What was annoying sitting there.. waiting.. and waiting.. and as lost enterd the room about 10 Xs followed him. and sat down, making mine and other normal habbo chances reduced. if the X wanted to take part, then why didnt they join the room before it was full?

I joined the room 30 minutes before the event began. However, the Habbo's inside [including urself] said that i should reload and enter the room as the event starts. We had a good discussion and i think a fair point was reached :) And so, i did leave the room and returned as the event started as request by you :) However, you've just totally changed ur argument again :P As it stands, the X's cannot win this argument. Half of you want one thing, the other half want the opposite. How can we sort this out? Surely if L_W made the rooms of 50 size instead of 25, we would have less problems? I dont know, tbh is it just one of those things that we cant do anything about? Im trying to think of a solution but it's worked so well for about 2 years now, why are we suddenly having problems?
Also, i dont know why Lost_Witness said that X's cant play these events, and i dont know why people are backing him up. We are just normal habbos who volunteer our time to help people out. All i do on Habbo other than do X-ing, and chat to mates, is enter comps/events. If I am not allowed to play in these events because i am an X, i will have to seriously reconsider my priorities because I enjoy events so much.

Things are trying to get sorted internally, just because you dont hear about it doesnt mean we arent working on it :) We try our best :)
And thanks for noticing that im desperately trying to sort this out [theres a bit of a difference in opinions at the moment with us] lol

I hope things get sorted out quickly, but what worries me most is why it is suddenly such a problem after having like 2 years without difficulties. Maybe this will just die down? I dont know. But trust me, things are trying to get sorted :) xx

JackBuddy
05-02-2008, 08:33 PM
Maybe X's (or just team leaders) should just get VIP badges if they really need to host events. Anyway, it's good to see that our ranting has made some sort of progress. :) :Act, reloading does nothing, and yesterday highlighted that (The room reached 40/25).

OR why don't we abolish the whole system and make the world a happier place?

Edit: A MOD is reading the thread. Only a matter of time till it's closed? -.-'

jam666
05-02-2008, 08:44 PM
hmmm i dont know if this makes sense, but why not have two seperate rooms counters?

for example if the room limit was 25, 25 habbos could get in however when the x's enter and the room limit goes up to say 27/25 still keep the 25 spaces for normal habbos but add people with override permissions ontop rather than you waiting for the 27/25 people in the room to reach the normal 24/25 again?

MissAlice
05-02-2008, 08:45 PM
The only privilege all X's get is the room over-ride. Yes it is a privilege and X's that are seen to abuse that privilege get noticed as it was noticed today. They lose any respect they may have earnt from the community and sadly dishearten those X's that never abuse it. I've listened to this type of situation lots of times, and to all the pro's and cons, and in my opinion it would be wrong to remove room over-ride because of a few people.

X's have always been told in the past that if a celeb or a special event is taking place, that they must enter after the room is full, thus not preventing Habbos who have queued from entering before them. Then they should periodically re-load the room to allow others still attempting to enter. This works and doesn't work, because if 10 or even 5 X's are all planning on entering a room after it's full, and all do enter when it is, they aren't aware of just how many are still trying to enter after queueing for ages. They also aren't aware of each other also waiting for the room to be full before they enter. This is a no win situation, because everyone still complains. It's impossible for the X's to calculate how many are still trying to enter. It's also no fun having to keep reloading the room, in fact it can be quite annoying, because you might miss something you were really interested in. At the end of the day X's are players too, they play the Hotel and are just as entitled as everyone else to enter events and competitions. It's also wrong to assume that every X at an event is abusing their privilege.

At the moment there is only one simple solution, if an X so badly wants to take part in something that doesn't require them to use the room over-ride attached to their badge, use another account, and if they win something be allowed to have it on their main account ;)

Until another better suggestion or way forward comes up, I do think it's wrong for X's to be excluded from being players.

JackBuddy
05-02-2008, 08:49 PM
Some good points Alice, but I think that what most people don't agree with are the privelidges that allow guest room over rides.

Surely, if there is an X event (when they are most likely to need the over ride for guest rooms) then they could just have a VIP badge?

Kardan
05-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Some good points Alice, but I think that what most people don't agree with are the privelidges that allow guest room over rides.

Surely, if there is an X event (when they are most likely to need the over ride for guest rooms) then they could just have a VIP badge?

The current office team don't like handing out VIP badges for no reason because it comes with anti-kick etc. Plus if an X is blocking something by accident, they can't be kicked.

Seany
05-02-2008, 09:02 PM
It depends what X you are really, Gamer X.... Gaming and Racing Rooms?

Bill
05-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Hey as far as I'm aware eXperts are still allowed to participate in Habbo Events, but this was never an issue when hobbas had the over-ride. And there was way more hobbas than there are currently eXperts.

e5
05-02-2008, 09:07 PM
Still doesn't stop them overriding.

MissAlice
05-02-2008, 09:13 PM

I'm not convinced VIP badges is a way forward, if anything Habbos would be quick to complain that X's cant be kicked. Something else for the community to complain about, yes?

It's also a lot of hassle for staff in my opinion. If X's are running an event that takes place in guest rooms, should only those taking part be given VIP? NO. We all know that things go wrong, you could be running an event, when the hotel goes on maintenance or an X doesn't show up for whatever reason. At that point you have to call on another X to lend a hand, I've been in that position and have been very grateful that an X had no problem getting into the room to help the event go with a swing. Messing about with giving badges just for events wouldn't work in my opinion.

Rafiki
05-02-2008, 09:25 PM
No Wedding Tonight

Not Surprised About That

The Hallway Riots Worked Tho :P

yep and i created them :)

Killerfaz
05-02-2008, 09:36 PM
I'm glad Lost_witness has did this, it does give x's a fair chance, without abusing the over-ride power, I also believe that the new selections of X's were MOSTLY bad, due to poor application layouts, I mean a 400 essay explaining why you deserve to be an X hardly shows that you have the potential to help 100s of habbos each week..
There's a few new x's I won't mention, that I feel strongly that they shouldn't be x's.
Since redtiz left, the X program has gone down hill, 0rca needs to enforce new testing methods on applicants to show their skills in helping, not their english writing skills!
The over-ride power is for emergency uses, in such cases as full welcome lounge, safety spa, habbo gardens, or X event rooms, the X's powers should be limited to a certain extent to ensure all habbos get a fair input.

Rafiki
05-02-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm glad Lost_witness has did this, it does give x's a fair chance, without abusing the over-ride power, I also believe that the new selections of X's were MOSTLY bad, due to poor application layouts, I mean a 400 essay explaining why you deserve to be an X hardly shows that you have the potential to help 100s of habbos each week..
There's a few new x's I won't mention, that I feel strongly that they shouldn't be x's.
Since redtiz left, the X program has gone down hill, 0rca needs to enforce new testing methods on applicants to show their skills in helping, not their english writing skills!
The over-ride power is for emergency uses, in such cases as full welcome lounge, safety spa, habbo gardens, or X event rooms, the X's powers should be limited to a certain extent to ensure all habbos get a fair input.

true true xD well said |

05-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Having an X program was a mistake on its own. It is separating those who "think" they can help versus those who "know" they can help. Limiting those who feel they have the dedication and time for it.

Also, picking "popular" or really well-written applications to be a potential X is damn right low and unacceptable. I feel that even the most popular Habbos can't provide the same assistance as the ones who are not popular and were around long enough to know right and wrong. I feel that to be insulting because the "connection" between the staff and yourself gives you a major boost in the applications which enables you to be accepted but be nothing then a power abuser.

As for the over-ride feature, that is a crappy feature and should have never been introduced because it is only ruining the best part of Habbo - FUN, oh wait, Habbo never intended fun, it was supposed to be money-based for everything. :eusa_wall

Minstrels
05-02-2008, 09:48 PM
On the contrary, the X's do host events, once in a blue moon. Hey, why not just enable their room override every once in a blue moon!? Wow, logic > Habbo! Yeah the idea of just those rooms being overriden is good, however they won't do that, since they don't have the power to (yet).

The X system was doomed to fail by the way they put it out, but they can recover it. Mind you, they'll probably drop it once they've realised it was a failure just like the Hobba program.
You saw me standing alone...

Killerfaz
05-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Having an X program was a mistake on its own. It is separating those who "think" they can help versus those who "know" they can help. Limiting those who feel they have the dedication and time for it.

Also, picking "popular" or really well-written applications to be a potential X is damn right low and unacceptable. I feel that even the most popular Habbos can't provide the same assistance as the ones who are not popular and were around long enough to know right and wrong. I feel that to be insulting because the "connection" between the staff and yourself gives you a major boost in the applications which enables you to be accepted but be nothing then a power abuser.

As for the over-ride feature, that is a crappy feature and should have never been introduced because it is only ruining the best part of Habbo - FUN, oh wait, Habbo never intended fun, it was supposed to be money-based for everything. :eusa_wall

I totally agree, and also Habbo strongly points out that X's get no rewards what so ever, and are 'volunteers', most people these days apply for the attention, badge, and over-ride. IrJen, Rivalry, JustEm, CHA!NGANG, Boxiel, all had strong bonds with staff, which I believe helped them throuugh the applications, the layout of the applications should be changed, and the new x's should get examined on their so called "Xing skills"

Rafiki
05-02-2008, 09:53 PM
I totally agree, and also Habbo strongly points out that X's get no rewards what so ever, and are 'volunteers', most people these days apply for the attention, badge, and over-ride. IrJen, Rivalry, JustEm, CHA!NGANG, Boxiel, all had strong bonds with staff, which I believe helped them throuugh the applications, the layout of the applications should be changed, and the new x's should get examined on their so called "Xing skills"

dont forget boixel is Mod-omegs cousion so he could have helped him
with the app

Sarah
05-02-2008, 09:59 PM

Yes, but that's also saying if you want to be a X give bad attitude towards staff and don't be friendly to them, but also being a friend of a means that staff member knows there ability and skills so they dont really need to be tested on ''Xing skills'' Although the idea is good, but they shouldnt be judged on there friendship or just generally knowing them they should act like they didnt know them but at the end of the day that is hard.
Put this situation in the eyes of the staff members, getting complains and not knowing what to do one way or another they are going to upset some type of people and its hard to come up with a way to resolve this.

05-02-2008, 10:06 PM
Yes, but that's also saying if you want to be a X give bad attitude towards staff and don't be friendly to them, but also being a friend of a staff member that staff member knows there ability and skills so they dont really need to be tested on ''Xing skills'' Although the idea is good.
Being a friend of a staff is like "Yeah, this person doesn't deserve a prize, they cheated.", "Let's go make a game room, give me some credits and I will host it." and/or "I want to be a Habbo X, help me out."

If you normally watch how people talk to staff, you could tell they are there just to get closer to the opportunity of becoming something or getting something. They get closer and closer each time.

Minstrels
05-02-2008, 10:17 PM
Being a friend of a staff is like "Yeah, this person doesn't deserve a prize, they cheated.", "Let's go make a game room, give me some credits and I will host it." and/or "I want to be a Habbo X, help me out."

If you normally watch how people talk to staff, you could tell they are there just to get closer to the opportunity of becoming something or getting something. They get closer and closer each time.
Until they're lips touch while the sun is setting in the distance and the gorillas are playing on the bongos...

Edited by Agesilaus (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not post off topic.

CHA!NGANG
05-02-2008, 10:33 PM

I really do not think that is fair. I worked in a Help Desk for 5 Months which is probably the factor that got me through, not the fact that I have a 'strong bond with staff'.
e something to contribute for example Dan/Boxiel is amazing at technology and would make a perfect Tech X. All the chosen X's havSo I don't think that is fair at all for you too say that. Plus, not many people do know 0rca and colmc as they hardly accept f/r's, and me for one has from what I can recall never talked to colmc before becoming an X.

Prick
05-02-2008, 10:59 PM
I really do not think that is fair. I worked in a Help Desk for 5 Months which is probably the factor that got me through, not the fact that I have a 'strong bond with staff'.
e something to contribute for example Dan/Boxiel is amazing at technology and would make a perfect Tech X. All the chosen X's havSo I don't think that is fair at all for you too say that. Plus, not many people do know 0rca and colmc as they hardly accept f/r's, and me for one has from what I can recall never talked to colmc before becoming an X.

OMG does that mean if I work in a helpdesk for 5 months I'll pass the x application in flying colours?

CHA!NGANG
05-02-2008, 11:03 PM
LOL I donno :P I am just saying that It must of helped :)

Killerfaz
05-02-2008, 11:08 PM

Habbo staff don't focus on you thinking 'oh yeah in 5 months time this kid is gonna apply for Habbo X let's watch him for 5 months and see if he's any good"
And tbh, you follow staff around alot, and post on their guestbooks, and as previous posts state, people do this for a increased chance on getting something.
And the applications asked you for personal reasons on why you should be a Habbo X, not to justify what type of X you could be, and what's your profession, as the 3 months of training does that..

I'm sorry, but your attitude to me doesn't show an X at all, it shows somebody coming up with irrelevant reasons to oppose my suggestions.

CHA!NGANG
05-02-2008, 11:12 PM
All I am saying is that there are other reasons to why the X's where chosen. And, to be honest we won't find them out but I am sure it is not for the reason why you think it is.

-tad.
05-02-2008, 11:24 PM
After reading ALL that I think that the new X's reasons for being chosen is both off topic and regardless wether you think they should have been chosen or not because they have been chosen and you can't change the people that were. I also think that having room over-ride in gaming rooms for gamer Xs, Safety Spa for safty Xs etc. is a good idea.
Also to the team leaders who seem to be the ones always hosting an X event, therefor in need of the guest room over-ride ability.
Taking the room over-ride of all guest rooms off the Xs besides team leaders is a good idea and would solve the problems [Monday when the highest room populationg got to 48 / 25] as I didn't see any X team leaders playing the games, too busy helping people I supose like they are there for ?
Just my veiws anyway :D:P

Killerfaz
05-02-2008, 11:52 PM

You have no backup to support what you're saying, anyone can follow staff into rooms, don't need them on console, and I do recognize that you write to many of staff, which boosts staffs awareness of you, the new x's may have 'skills' in certain areas, but the application process gave you no way of showing that, therefore your ideas above mean nothing :)

Evescence
06-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Get over it, its a virtual game, and a virtual badge with no value of whatever.

Shadow16
06-02-2008, 01:18 AM

Funny said you were leaving the thread yet you come back >_>.

Any who on topic, I personally think X's should only get over-ride for the rooms they are actually meant to be in i.e Host = Welcome Lounge, Safety / Tech = Safety Spa and Gamer = BB, SS and all that.

But and the end of the day it really is just a virtual game...

mlp16
06-02-2008, 01:19 AM
The override for Xs in Guest rooms is not needed, However For Head Xs they should still, have this abilty so they can host games which someone said.

The overrise System is for emergency only, Not a Que skip on a non Xevent.

Miss Alice i rember you saying, Xs where told to wait until the room is full so as many non-Xs can get in, the room. I think that should be totally scrapped. If an X wants to play in an event they should be allowed to. But only can enter like everyone else before the room has reached its limit, therefore its fair for everyone, if the limit is over Xs and non Xs will all have to wait for someone inside to leave. the room limit is there for a reason, theres 25 because only 25 people can play at once. If an X goes in a room when the room is full and its a non X event then what lost witness said All Xs cannot take part, as an X has abused there override system, if An X wants to take part, they should arrive earlier like everyone else and WAIT, and if the room is full, its there fault they should be more prepared.

Today 3 xs came in the room before lost witness turned up 2 where not showing any respect for others, and to be honest not X material. however one :Act came in we asked him to leave, we discussed it like adults, and came to the arrangement that he could return because he did wait with us for a long time, and was happy to give his space to someone else.

But when an X Comes after lost_witness (or any other staff) arrives is terribble and reduces those people who have waited hours/seconds/minuets whatever, reduced. this shouldnt be allowed If an X was X material which they all should be they wouldnt abuse there power in the first place, And before anyone says its all the new Xs, this is wrong its Some of the New Xs.

Some of the New Xs are helping, Boxiel for instance, was in a safety spa this morning/noon helping habbos, Infact thats the only X i have seen doing work but, they can work when they like for like 15 mins, and i dont live in the welcome lounge and may still be doing there job, these new Xs are on trial, and can still be turned down i believe and maybe they need to think about this and think of ther actions.

An Xs job is to welcome and help new/old habbos and make habbo a more safe and enjoyable to the habbo community, it dosent matter if they are popular, unknown, its the helping that matters.

Killerfaz
06-02-2008, 07:02 AM
The override for Xs in Guest rooms is not needed, However For Head Xs they should still, have this abilty so they can host games which someone said.

The overrise System is for emergency only, Not a Que skip on a non Xevent.

Miss Alice i rember you saying, Xs where told to wait until the room is full so as many non-Xs can get in, the room. I think that should be totally scrapped. If an X wants to play in an event they should be allowed to. But only can enter like everyone else before the room has reached its limit, therefore its fair for everyone, if the limit is over Xs and non Xs will all have to wait for someone inside to leave. the room limit is there for a reason, theres 25 because only 25 people can play at once. If an X goes in a room when the room is full and its a non X event then what lost witness said All Xs cannot take part, as an X has abused there override system, if An X wants to take part, they should arrive earlier like everyone else and WAIT, and if the room is full, its there fault they should be more prepared.

Today 3 xs came in the room before lost witness turned up 2 where not showing any respect for others, and to be honest not X material. however one :Act came in we asked him to leave, we discussed it like adults, and came to the arrangement that he could return because he did wait with us for a long time, and was happy to give his space to someone else.

But when an X Comes after lost_witness (or any other staff) arrives is terribble and reduces those people who have waited hours/seconds/minuets whatever, reduced. this shouldnt be allowed If an X was X material which they all should be they wouldnt abuse there power in the first place, And before anyone says its all the new Xs, this is wrong its Some of the New Xs.

Some of the New Xs are helping, Boxiel for instance, was in a safety spa this morning/noon helping habbos, Infact thats the only X i have seen doing work but, they can work when they like for like 15 mins, and i dont live in the welcome lounge and may still be doing there job, these new Xs are on trial, and can still be turned down i believe and maybe they need to think about this and think of ther actions.

An Xs job is to welcome and help new/old habbos and make habbo a more safe and enjoyable to the habbo community, it dosent matter if they are popular, unknown, its the helping that matters.

Spot on.

Alkaz
06-02-2008, 07:08 AM
I agree, its an unfair advantage on there behalf.

Kardan
06-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Just to clarify this, since many people don't know.

Xs are allowed to take part in the event if they queue up before Lost_Witness arrives. So lets say XA, XB and XC all choose romes 1, 2, 3 and L_W chooses room one.

XA can play, but if XB and XC go to the room after L_W has arrived they will not be allowed to play.

Simple :) Xs have to queue like everyone else.

mlp16
06-02-2008, 06:29 PM

Xs are allowed to take part in the event if they queue up before Lost_Witness arrives. So lets say XA, XB and XC all choose romes 1, 2, 3 and L_W chooses room one.

XA can play, but if XB and XC go to the room after L_W has arrived they will not be allowed to play.

Thats what we all want but do they Xs do it is another matter :)

06-02-2008, 06:31 PM

You really think Lost_Witness is going to pay attention to who enters the room when he arrives?

Kardan
06-02-2008, 06:34 PM
You really think Lost_Witness is going to pay attention to who enters the room when he arrives?

Yes, since when he enters the room he blocks the door, lets everyone take seats and tells everyone at the door that they can't play and leave.

Ask anyone that's been to an event since yesterday and they'll tell you the same :)

mlp16
06-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Yes, since when he enters the room he blocks the door, lets everyone take seats and tells everyone at the door that they can't play and leave.

Ask anyone that's been to an event since yesterday and they'll tell you the same :)

He did block the door but before he did he D.c which gave chance of Xs to get in but yes he does block the door and not allow anyone in

06-02-2008, 07:06 PM

Fair enough, I guess you does have a method of doing that. I don't go on Habbo anymore, so I don't know much about Lost_Witness' new methods of making the hotel fair.

Dan2nd
06-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I agree I think they should get rid of the overide feature or limit it to certain public rooms...

e5
06-02-2008, 08:21 PM
Loads of x's are still playing, Kardan for one was playing today and won a badge.

--ss--
06-02-2008, 08:27 PM
Does being an X actually mean anything in the hotel now?
It just seems people only do it for the badge and privileges instead of what they're meant to be doing :rolleyes:.
Nice to see a rule like this has been put into place.

Asher
06-02-2008, 08:42 PM
Kardan does it for the badge, plus he's socially recluse. So he likes to think he has some sort of purpose in our world, even if it is online.

apollo
06-02-2008, 09:06 PM
irJen is a skank.

Edited by Favourtism (Forum Moderator): Please do not be rude.

Kanakai-D
06-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Habbo X's can still play as long as they got in before the over ride.

mlp16
06-02-2008, 09:25 PM
Loads of x's are still playing, Kardan for one was playing today and won a badge.

Habbo X's Can still play but have to get in a room before its full or if the room is full and they enter they better hope a normal habbo leaves..

if the room limit is 26/25 or above when lost_witness enters all Xs cannot play unless the most recent X(s)to enter own up saying they used the override system.

Sharpsterz
06-02-2008, 10:23 PM
Totally They Cant Over Ride

He Doesnt Appear To Be Kicking Them ;s

Bobu
07-02-2008, 09:11 AM
Wouldnt you know :Act is complaining obviously because hes an X

Pyroka
07-02-2008, 11:15 AM
It's sort of silly, since you wouldn't know if they did override in the first place, especially when there used to be that 'rush' to get into a room. They could override being unaware of it really. A bit silly if you ask me, just remove override and give them permenant HC.

mlp16
07-02-2008, 06:20 PM
It's sort of silly, since you wouldn't know if they did override in the first place, especially when there used to be that 'rush' to get into a room. They could override being unaware of it really. A bit silly if you ask me, just remove override and give them permenant HC.

They dont need to be HC to help :) But i wouldnt care if they got that..

Pyroka
07-02-2008, 06:54 PM
They dont need to be HC to help :) But i wouldnt care if they got that..

Well their response would be, "What's our reward for helping the community?!" and as much as I think most of them applied with a reason like, '"I want to apply for Habbo X because I feel I have something to give back to this community". The irony that holds is immense in many senses. I guess though, it would shut them up. They've had perm HC before so it wouldn't take much to restore it, nor would Sulake care too much.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!