PDA

View Full Version : Writers Guild of America Strike could end this week!

iRapid
05-02-2008, 09:15 PM
Contract outlined in Hollywood writers strike

Hollywood's striking writers and major studios have reached the outlines of a new employment contract, resolving key sticking points over how much writers should be paid for work that is distributed over the Internet, people familiar with the negotiations said Saturday.

A final contract could be presented to the Writers Guild of America board as early as Friday, according to three people close to the talks who asked not to be identified because the negotiations are confidential.

The 3-month-old strike is expected to end once the board approves the contract.

Read more... (http://www.irapid.co.uk/showthread.php?p=28406#post28406)

Finally, 24, Prison Break, Heroes, Lost can be written again :D

Wootzeh
05-02-2008, 09:16 PM
HEROES YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Spectate
05-02-2008, 09:17 PM
Would be great for it to end on terms that the writers are happy with. Conveniently happening before the Oscars too. :P

Kenneth
05-02-2008, 09:18 PM
CSI:Miami!!!! Family Guy!!!

Blue
05-02-2008, 09:20 PM
Yay! Family Guy :)

OmgitsAmanda
05-02-2008, 09:23 PM
Yay, more Desperate Housewives xD

brandon
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
Brilliant news :)
Shame it took so long though..

RedStratocas
05-02-2008, 09:31 PM
lol, that link is just to another forum. i'd like to see a real source, cause i haven't heard it. but no matter, i wont believe it till i see it.

Spectate
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
They're reporting it on BBC News 24 at the moment.

"End could be in sight to the writers strike".

iRapid
05-02-2008, 09:35 PM
lol, that link is just to another forum. i'd like to see a real source, cause i haven't heard it. but no matter, i wont believe it till i see it.

LA Times - http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-strike3feb03,0,3280280.story

Just because you havent heard of it, it doesn't mean its not true ;)

RedStratocas
05-02-2008, 09:45 PM
LA Times - http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-strike3feb03,0,3280280.story

Just because you havent heard of it, it doesn't mean its not true ;)

i meant i didn't see a source. and i'm not denying anything, i'm just saying i wont believe it until the writer's strike ACTUALLY ends, because i've heard multiple times that the writer's strike should be ending soon, but it hasn't. so don't put words in my mouth :D

iRapid
05-02-2008, 09:50 PM
i meant i didn't see a source. and i'm not denying anything, i'm just saying i wont believe it until the writer's strike ACTUALLY ends, because i've heard multiple times that the writer's strike should be ending soon, but it hasn't. so don't put words in my mouth :D

Ahh apologies.
I hope its for real this time and that it ends this week or very soon.

RedStratocas
05-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Ahh apologies.
I hope its for real this time and that it ends this week or very soon.

i hope so too. i feel more for the production staff than the writers though, as they're left out of a job and they have nothing to do with it. my favorite shows are already back on, but without their writers, so they aren't as good as they could be. but the daily show is definitely doing pretty good with just jon stewart writing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!