PDA

View Full Version : MMORPG/FPS

Hiro
07-02-2008, 04:28 PM
I need some opinions on this project I am involved in.

We are creating an MMORPG/FPS (Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game & First Person Shooter).

It is going to be set in the near future and is based around gang rivalry (e.g. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas). You will have the opportunity to go into first person mode and third person mode.
It will have voice communication (e.g. Counterstrike).
It will have a destructable cityscape (e.g. attack buildings).
In-game newspaper (daily).
Real-time daylight etc.
NPCs will have their own type of reactions to what players do and waht events occur, their own jobs and lifestyle.
NPC gangs will be there for a PvE aspect of the game, whilst it will be solely based upon PvP.
NPCs will react to player (e.g. Crime committed in broad daylight = police intervention).
Level of crime relates to police response.

Also, there will be planned meetings between the gangs (Leader's only & GMs). Attacks can occur to infiltrate the meetings.

It is still in the development stages, but I need some opinions and ideas of what to add to it.
Thank you. (:

Neil
07-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Maybe the ability to make custom weapons

Like you start with a basic hand gun, then you earn some money training, go to a junk shop and buy parts to make the weapon a bit better, like increase damage, accuracy etc.
And as you earn more money you can buy from better shops that'll allow you to lower recoil or add a scope to your weapon and stuff like that, and obviously you may be able to pick these up on your quests and stuff?

Hiro
07-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Maybe the ability to make custom weapons

Like you start with a basic hand gun, then you earn some money training, go to a junk shop and buy parts to make the weapon a bit better, like increase damage, accuracy etc.
And as you earn more money you can buy from better shops that'll allow you to lower recoil or add a scope to your weapon and stuff like that, and obviously you may be able to pick these up on your quests and stuff?

We actually did have something like that in mind, it will most likely be added (:
But the whole quests tihng will not be picking up items or exp.

Just think "GTA: SA". It's going to be like that on the way you get cash. Stamina etc, will be upgraded by doing different things in-game rather than killing stuff 1000 times over.
Thanks.

Neil
07-02-2008, 04:53 PM
So you do things like real life to get better and all combat will be like PvP?

Hiro
07-02-2008, 04:55 PM
So you do things like real life to get better and all combat will be like PvP?

Yes, although there will be some PvE to it.

Neil
07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Yes, although there will be some PvE to it.

I hope so, not everyone likes PvP, I wouldn't be too keen on the only fighting being PvP, will PvP be open or in an arena?

Hiro
07-02-2008, 05:00 PM
I hope so, not everyone likes PvP, I wouldn't be too keen on the only fighting being PvP, will PvP be open or in an arena?

We are still debating on where to place the PvP. We have had thoughts of "hazard zones" where PvP is always enabled and "Safe Zones" where you have the ability to attack others with PvP on. But, in "Safe Zones", police-like NPCs will infiltrate the attacker and, basically, beat him down.

Only an appropiate amount of "police" will respond to the job.
(e.g. Car-jacking (PvE) - Not a lot of the "police" force will respond, Murder (PvP or PvE) - Would be a full force situation, in "safe zones").

I hope that's cleared bits up.

Neil
07-02-2008, 05:02 PM
We are still debating on where to place the PvP. We have had thoughts of "hazard zones" where PvP is always enabled and "Safe Zones" where you have the ability to attack others with PvP on. But, in "Safe Zones", police-like NPCs will infiltrate the attacker and, basically, beat him down.

That sounds good, open PvP is realistic but it'd be annoying constantly being killed everytime you're trying to buy a gun or something

Gnome
07-02-2008, 05:20 PM
Fight Clubs, Mosh Pits >;D, The ability to take over your own part of town, Or the whole town and then you can build new things/destroy things.

Lubricant
07-02-2008, 05:33 PM
I think you should base PvP around Silkroad Online.

You buy pvp capes allowing you to pvp anyone with a cape anywhere.

Players will eventually start making areas where everyone pvps.

Just don't make it a cape. Seeing as it's a crime game, try badges?

Hiro
07-02-2008, 05:55 PM

Oooh. Nice idea (:
I'll discuss it with the rest of the team, y'never know. It may just happen (:

If it does get implemented, we will want to keep the whole "police" thing intact, so it would still happen, but say if person "A" is wearing a badge, and person "B" isn't. he cannot attack in a safe zone, but in a hazard zone, he can.

Judge Judy
07-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Be able to get a job.

Hiro
07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Be able to get a job.

There will be a chance to get a job. With the mafia and on the legal side.

bo$$
07-02-2008, 09:37 PM

Bandanas ftw. What gangster wears a badge

Hiro
07-02-2008, 09:41 PM
Bandanas ftw. What gangster wears a badge

I don't know about the bandana as it isn't purely based around "gangstas" as they are in San Andreas.
It's a whole range of gangs, the mafia, player-created gangs, punk, triads, russians, chavs, etc.
We still aren't too sure.

Neil
08-02-2008, 02:04 AM
I don't know about the bandana as it isn't purely based around "gangstas" as they are in San Andreas.
It's a whole range of gangs, the mafia, player-created gangs, punk, triads, russians, chavs, etc.
We still aren't too sure.

I donno about most of that, generally in futurisic things "gangs" would be sort of punks, "rebels", bounty hunters and then the law enforcement which is partly corrupt, player-created would be good too as it could come under as "rebel" because there would normally be different rebelions fighting for different things :P

Hiro
08-02-2008, 12:07 PM
I donno about most of that, generally in futurisic things "gangs" would be sort of punks, "rebels", bounty hunters and then the law enforcement which is partly corrupt, player-created would be good too as it could come under as "rebel" because there would normally be different rebelions fighting for different things :P

I was just giving examples to suggest that there would be a range of gangs xD
The player-created gangs would just be like a WoW guild.
I think the rest are just going to be NPCs and you can have the choice to join them, like a faction (if you play WoW).

efq
09-02-2008, 12:41 PM
Ability to become a cop :D

Hiro
09-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Ability to become a cop :D

You mean, instead of joining a "gang", you'd want to be able to join the "police" force?
Hmm, the only way I can suggest that is if there were "player mods", but I'm not sure it would work.
If you can expand on it, I'll try and put it forward to the team.

Originalmoh
19-02-2008, 08:59 AM
Mostly all games like GTA SA are random gangsters and stuff like that. In my opionin i would suggest that the guy you start with should be a Police guy and you have to get to the best gangsters in the city etc

The game would have 3 cities
The LAPD or something in the game
you can enter mostly any vechile eg cars helicopters boats etc
you can open the trunk of the car ( put some guns in the trunk if your going to a battlefield)
you need to always get patrol or the car will stop working
you can call for backup eg normal police if it's a small crime or even the swat etc
sometimes when you've got no mission to do and your just driving about you can be called to a crime eg a hold up in a corner shop etc

Or first you start as a small cop without a gun and just handcuffs and police stick, and you just have to chase people in small crimes eg some guy robbing a purse or something and you chase him

+ on gta san andreas you can climb fences i suggest that would be a great idea.

The best way the game should end would be the guy your working with your partner in the police gets you killed (betrayed) cause he realizes that you will win etc and finally you find out at the end that your partner is in the other gang

oh yea while you are training tobecome a better cop you have to go in courses like fighing with ur fists etc

hope you liked my idea, contact me if you are intrested :D

Synatec
19-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I like the ideaa of being a cop and training cop experience

Great Idea.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!