PDA

View Full Version : is it worth it?

today
07-02-2008, 07:18 PM
Buying the Wii would you say its worth it?

Whats the high points and low's please.

+rep to all help

Bouncing
07-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Well it depends really.

If you like sports games, then i highly advice it 98%.
If you are obsest with gun games and have a choice of xbox 360 or ps3 get either of them 2.
If you can only get the wii but you like gun games, medal of honour heroes 2 is coming out tomorrow and it will be online too! so thats pretty good.
And guitar hero 3 is very good on it.
But
If you want really high defintion, the wii doesnt have that, but if you want some fun get it, its very good when with friends or for partys!

Niall!
07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
The wii is far better, for gun games you can actually point at where you want to shoot, not just rotate an analog stick.

For sports games, as he said, they are mostly better on the Wii due to the way you play them.

But as he says, if you're looking for extremely good graphics, then I'd give the wii a miss...

today
07-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Are the graphics similar to xBox 360?

I have the ps2 but there crap graphics..
Xbox 360 i love the graphics and is my main console currently.
I've got the DS Lite too for Mario but rather have the Wii for mario..

PaulMacC
07-02-2008, 10:19 PM
The Wii's graphics are in the middle between the PS2 and PS3 if you'd like to say that.

4 words to buy the Wii.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.

today
07-02-2008, 10:24 PM
The Wii's graphics are in the middle between the PS2 and PS3 if you'd like to say that.

4 words to buy the Wii.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl.
i was just looking at that and thought "woah, that looks good!" on their website :P

PaulMacC
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
Smash Bros is pushing the Wii to it's limit.
It's probably going to be the best looking game on the Wii ever.
in my opinion Xbox360 and PS3 are for real-Life graphics.
Mario and Zelda would look extremely stupid in the so called 'real-life graphics'

Homesrfan
08-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Smash Bros is pushing the Wii to it's limit.
It's probably going to be the best looking game on the Wii ever.
in my opinion Xbox360 and PS3 are for real-Life graphics.
Mario and Zelda would look extremely stupid in the so called 'real-life graphics'
Good graphics don't mean 'realistic graphics'. Look at Banjo Kazooie 3 for 360.

Anyways - we definitely will see better looking games for Wii than Brawl. I think SMG already looks better than Brawl. That game had excellent graphics, and had a lot more going on in the screen. Remember that Brawl has mostly pre-rendered backgrounds.

We need more cell-shaded, or unique art style games like Zack and Wiki or Windwaker. I think No More Heroes had a very interesting look, also. Some people call them N64 graphics, but I really dig the style.

Anyways...

Good
- Great Nintendo Titles (Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc)
- New controller mechanism.
- Looks to be ramping up 3rd party support.
- WiiWare coming (buy games online) it has a pretty impressive launch lineup.

Bad
- Worst online system out of the 3.
- Worst graphics out of the 3.

The number one reason you should buy any system is for the games. If you aren't interested in the games, then there is no point in buying it. Wii does have a great lineup, though. It includes many unique things.

PaulMacC
08-02-2008, 12:27 PM

Anyways - we definitely will see better looking games for Wii than Brawl. I think SMG already looks better than Brawl. That game had excellent graphics, and had a lot more going on in the screen. Remember that Brawl has mostly pre-rendered backgrounds.

We need more cell-shaded, or unique art style games like Zack and Wiki or Windwaker. I think No More Heroes had a very interesting look, also. Some people call them N64 graphics, but I really dig the style.

Anyways...

Good
- Great Nintendo Titles (Super Mario Galaxy, Wii Sports, Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Metroid Prime 3, Animal Crossing, Zelda, Mario Kart, etc)

Bad

The number one reason you should buy any system is for the games. If you aren't interested in the games, then there is no point in buying it. Wii does have a great lineup, though. It includes many unique things.

Dude, just cause the Wii hasnt had the best of the online starts doesnt mean it's the worse, Look at Mario Strikers, that game is sweet online

today
08-02-2008, 04:47 PM
how much it cost to play online? ;]

PaulMacC
08-02-2008, 04:48 PM
The Wii Online is free.

Neversoft
08-02-2008, 04:54 PM
Good points:
A new way to play games.
Very fun.
A better variety of games.
It's cheap.
A good selection of single player and multiplayer games.
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Thats enough reason to buy one :P)
Free easy to access internet.
Online play is great.
You're able to download Virtual Console games (N64, NES, Megadrive, etc)
Loads of different channels to check out, it's more than just a console.
Plays gamecube games.

Bad points:
Doesn't play DVDs.
It's still very hard to get hold of.
Remotes + Nunchucks are quite expensive.
Remotes need batteries, so you'll have to keep buying some or buy rechargeable ones.

I'd definitely recommend buying a Wii. :)

today
08-02-2008, 05:00 PM
Good points:
A new way to play games.
Very fun.
A better variety of games.
It's cheap.
A good selection of single player and multiplayer games.
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Thats enough reason to buy one :P)
Free easy to access internet.
Online play is great.
You're able to download Virtual Console games (N64, NES, Megadrive, etc)
Loads of different channels to check out, it's more than just a console.
Plays gamecube games.

Bad points:
Doesn't play DVDs.
It's still very hard to get hold of.
Remotes + Nunchucks are quite expensive.
Remotes need batteries, so you'll have to keep buying some or buy rechargeable ones.

I'd definitely recommend buying a Wii. :)
When you put it like that, i want one!!

My town has loads lol, well Game does.

Andeeh
08-02-2008, 09:25 PM

Anyways...

Good

Bad

took words right out of my mouth the online should hopefully become better if this microphone gets released

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!