PDA

View Full Version : Welcoming Party!

e5
08-02-2008, 01:21 PM
http://www.habbo.co.uk/articles/96-welcoming-party

Habbo's official Welcoming Party meets and greets new Habbos by showing them around and having a friendly chat. Fancy joining in?

If you think back to the first time you entered the Hotel, no doubt you started off by exploring some rooms, felt quite lonely and didn't really know where to go or what to see. Can you remember a time when you thought it would be nice to relax in your own room and have a friendly chat with a welcoming Habbo?

Starting next week (we'll let you all know the day), when new people join Habbo we'll ask them if they'd like to meet someone from the Welcoming Party. If they say yes, we'll send alerts to members of the Welcoming Party Group who are in the hotel at the same time. If the member of the Welcoming Party chooses to accept the invitation, they'll be whisked off to the new person's room to meet them!

In the meantime, we'd like to invite everyone who is interested, to join the Welcoming Party Group. Join today and you'll be ready to start forming some great Habbo friendships!

Lost_Witness

:D I am on the background image lol :P

Robby
08-02-2008, 01:24 PM
Sounds intresting :)

PaulMacC
08-02-2008, 01:25 PM

your mad.

sounds gd.

e5
08-02-2008, 01:45 PM
your mad.

sounds gd.
lol am I now?! :(

@xP
08-02-2008, 01:48 PM
you changed your 'looks' to go on the bg. cheat!

e5
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
No, It was my original look. I was wearing that look when I won my Love Badge, and then
I saw it on the homepage so I reverted back to it, actually.

@xP
08-02-2008, 02:09 PM
No, It was my original look. I was wearing that look when I won my Love Badge, and then

OKAY !!!!!11

Sarah
08-02-2008, 02:28 PM
sounds interesting!

e5
08-02-2008, 02:32 PM
sounds interesting!
Yes, will be :D

Charlie
08-02-2008, 02:34 PM
So, when someone new joins, they can decided whether to meet a person, whos in that group. If they say yes, the persons in the group will be messaged and sent to that room? :S

I bet everyone will be annoyed off the messages by the end of the week.

Jericho
08-02-2008, 02:50 PM

Crowning moment of your life! Keep these memories mate, always nice to have such a great moment in your life too look back on! :l

*** is going on with habbo lately, The dating game? Wow, Lost witness must have reached an all time low.

Antony
08-02-2008, 02:57 PM
Sounds okay. They can get rid of the X program now..? Because isn't that what they're supposed to do.. obviously other than standing in the WL ignoring everyone.

Welcome new habbo's! I like welcoming them :D I am on the background picture on the group homepage! :P I'd like to be a welcomer!

Yeah, we can all change our clothes. You get well too excited over Habbo lol.

e5
08-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Obviously. It is me though.

Anyway saddos on here in the last 2 posts :) Need to grow up and get over yourselves.

Hiro
08-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I agree with Anthony...
It seems like more of a Habbo X job than just Habbos =/
If you want to help newbies then you might aswell be an X, that's all the group is.

e5
08-02-2008, 03:16 PM
I agree with Anthony...
It seems like more of a Habbo X job than just Habbos =/
If you want to help newbies then you might aswell be an X, that's all the group is.
Not really, need to give every habbo a chance.............

Hiro
08-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Not really, need to give every habbo a chance.............

Yeah, but the whole Habbo X program was to help and meet new Habbos, basically a massive meet & greet orgy.
The Habbo X's spend time in the Welcome Lounge, when all you get in there is desperate, horny, 13 year old boys, "CAM PLS!", "ADD ME 4 CAM", etc etc.
It's basically corrupt..

All they've done is brought in a new system that can wipe out the Habbo X system..

gg, HabboUK.

e5
08-02-2008, 03:20 PM
Well they can't make everyone an X so they are letting everyone help.

Hiro
08-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Well they can't make everyone an X so they are letting everyone help.

Exactly...that's why I said they might aswell take down the X system if "everyone" is going to help.
Why have a couple thousand people helping when there is already a similar system in play?

Jericho
08-02-2008, 03:31 PM

Anyway saddos on here in the last 2 posts :) Need to grow up and get over yourselves.]

Says the 13/14 year old who still plays habbo.

Favourtism
08-02-2008, 04:04 PM
]

Says the 13/14 year old who still plays habbo.
Correct me if I am wrong but is Habbo not aimed at Teenagers? I would say most players are 11-15 but there are some older than that.

Sounds interesting.

e5
08-02-2008, 04:06 PM
13/14 still playing habbo? What? Habbo was created for being of my age, so how can it be bad if a 13/14 is STILL playing? How old are you then, 9?

Bibliophobia
08-02-2008, 04:29 PM
paedos can now get people sent to them!!!

Fifteen
08-02-2008, 04:39 PM
oo exciting stuff

e5
08-02-2008, 04:55 PM
paedos can now get people sent to them!!!
LMAO at your way on looking at it!

Finkelstien
08-02-2008, 05:12 PM
Thanks for the update ;).

Pyroka
08-02-2008, 05:45 PM
Hehe, that's a great idea. Shame it'll be so pointless and underused.

Hiro
08-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Hehe, that's a great idea. Shame it'll be so pointless and underused.

Probably to make all the Habbo X wannabes feel "useful".

Jericho
08-02-2008, 05:57 PM
13/14 still playing habbo? What? Habbo was created for being of my age, so how can it be bad if a 13/14 is STILL playing? How old are you then, 9?

Actually im 14. But you spend SO much time on it.. Its almost embarrasing that your in that state of mind where your non-stop on it.

I say that because when I see your posts when you had that Status sig in a few weeks ago, it was always on... pssh.

Blissa
08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
I think this is a really good idea.

It's similar to something Moonglowgirl was doing 'Adopt-a-n00b', where you meet them, become friends and show them around Habbo... I've joined the group and I'm wearing the badge so hopefully I'll get to meet someone.

MissAlice
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Probably to make all the Habbo X wannabes feel "useful".

I reckon you could well be right, after all how many times do we hear it said, you don't need a badge to help ;)

jrh2002
09-02-2008, 03:52 PM
If people wanted to do this nothing stopped them before :s I thought this was the habbo x main job? hmmmmm so if anybody can join it will be great to use the group as a cover to scam newer habbos and like somebody else said would give child molesters that bit more credibilty by wearing a staff group badge. I am not quite sure how habbo make so much money with some of their rediculous decisions i have witnessed over the past 7 years.

cunning
09-02-2008, 06:02 PM

Anyway saddos on here in the last 2 posts :) Need to grow up and get over yourselves.
I agree.

This does sound interesting though.

JackBuddy
10-02-2008, 10:42 AM

you do get excited over habbo though...

Bibliophobia
10-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I reckon you could well be right, after all how many times do we hear it said, you don't need a badge to help ;)

but u do need a badge to palm off all your old friends and become self obsessed!!!

MissAlice
10-02-2008, 05:04 PM
but u do need a badge to palm off all your old friends and become self obsessed!!!

Personally I wouldn't know, so I assume you are speaking from experience ;)

e5
10-02-2008, 06:08 PM
you do get excited over habbo though...
Pathetic comment to make. However you do feel I don't want to hear it. Your opinions are pathetic, hurtful(sometimes) and useless and I don't think anyone really wants to hear them.

If people wanted to do this nothing stopped them before :s I thought this was the habbo x main job? hmmmmm so if anybody can join it will be great to use the group as a cover to scam newer habbos and like somebody else said would give child molesters that bit more credibilty by wearing a staff group badge. I am not quite sure how habbo make so much money with some of their rediculous decisions i have witnessed over the past 7 years.

Noone is making you witness it. You could easily leave.

Boonzeet
10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
El, how come your always on page 1 or 2 of staff groups :P

I always miss out. Which reminds me, it's been over 25 days since I last logged into habbo :O

e5
10-02-2008, 06:40 PM
I think it's because e'' is nearer to A but then again you're B so I don't know.. Maybe I join them quick. There was 37 (I think) people in there when I joined :P

StripedTiger
10-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Well, this is near enough what Habbo X's do, welcome new Habbos and show them the Do's and Don'ts about Habbo Hotel. I do agree with Jrh here, it may be letting more people get involved, but are they letting the right people get involved? They could be any kind of person taking advantage one way or another and it can be unsafe.

It is a nice idea for Habbos to come and welcome new members of the hotel, but they can do that by themselves or in a small group of friends anyway without making such a big scene of things?

The rumours that are zooming around about this group replacing X's is so childish. If X's were going to be made redundant, I'm sure anyone involved in the X programme would know before the general public? Another point I'd like to add is why they would get a group of new X's if they were planning on stopping the programme? It doesnt make sense.

I think I can safely say that it wont be replacing the X programme. Whether it will be an actual group with the alerts and powers may be another matter, as no one knows yet. So all we can do it sit back and see what becomes of it.

PriceTags
10-02-2008, 06:49 PM
I think it's because e'' is nearer to A but then again you're B so I don't know.. Maybe I join them quick. There was 37 (I think) people in there when I joined :P

Groups go in order of date joined.

Pyroka
10-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Well, this is near enough what Habbo X's do, welcome new Habbos and show them the Do's and Don'ts about Habbo Hotel. I do agree with Jrh here, it may be letting more people get involved, but are they letting the right people get involved? They could be any kind of person taking advantage one way or another and it can be unsafe.

It is a nice idea for Habbos to come and welcome new members of the hotel, but they can do that by themselves or in a small group of friends anyway without making such a big scene of things?

The rumours that are zooming around about this group replacing X's is so childish. If X's were going to be made redundant, I'm sure anyone involved in the X programme would know before the general public? Another point I'd like to add is why they would get a group of new X's if they were planning on stopping the programme? It doesnt make sense.

I think I can safely say that it wont be replacing the X programme. Whether it will be an actual group with the alerts and powers may be another matter, as no one knows yet. So all we can do it sit back and see what becomes of it.

To set something straight, I haven't heard nor seen any rumours on HabboxForum or Habbo, stating that Habbo Xs are going to be replaced. There's been opinions sure, & most people would like that to happen with the stir that has happened the past few weeks. I can see them getting replaced with this system in place now, however I feel they won't. X's would know first of course, however I don't see it happening. Sadly.

If you want a good answer to why they would recruit a new X group in the eve of this happening, I suggest you ask your staff co-ordinators. By the way, you could safely say that you will have a normal and happy life, however things can change in an instant. Sorry to use you as an example, but that is the way it is.

Oh, and X's get "alerts and powers" do they? :)

Groups go in order of date joined.

*grin* someones eager methinks.

Boonzeet
10-02-2008, 07:50 PM
irJen is also one of the first few in general :P

Ohwell - someones gotta be there before anyone else!

StripedTiger
10-02-2008, 08:05 PM
To set something straight, I haven't heard nor seen any rumours on HabboxForum or Habbo, stating that Habbo Xs are going to be replaced. There's been opinions sure, & most people would like that to happen with the stir that has happened the past few weeks. I can see them getting replaced with this system in place now, however I feel they won't. X's would know first of course, however I don't see it happening. Sadly.

If you want a good answer to why they would recruit a new X group in the eve of this happening, I suggest you ask your staff co-ordinators. By the way, you could safely say that you will have a normal and happy life, however things can change in an instant. Sorry to use you as an example, but that is the way it is.

Oh, and X's get "alerts and powers" do they? :)

Theres been a few console messages around with the rumour in. A few have spoke about it on habbo too.

I do understand that things could change quite fast, but i do think that they wouldnt have opened applications if there was the slightest bit talk about change. But who knows really, my guess is as good as yours

And no Xs dont get alerts and special powers, i can see what your saying, that both groups have a lot of differences too. I do think that if something like that was to happen, Habbo would make sure the members of the group are trustworthy

Black_Apalachi
11-02-2008, 12:39 AM
Sounds like an alright idea. Judging by above comments, nobody realises that this is only for one day?

Seriously, I don't think anybody cares :(.

Personally I wouldn't know, so I assume you are speaking from experience ;)

Owned, sorry Loz ;).

mlp16
11-02-2008, 01:38 AM
Is it just for one day?

wonder how mahy will join a day

wonder how many clones

e5
11-02-2008, 09:16 AM
Sounds like an alright idea. Judging by above comments, nobody realises that this is only for one day?

Seriously, I don't think anybody cares :(.

Owned, sorry Loz ;).
I didn't want anyone to care. They clearly showed some interest in it otherwise they wouldn't of mentioned it. I said it first and left it at that to begin with. They carried it on . .

Okeanos
12-02-2008, 11:08 PM

People have always been able to scam newbies, and play of the ignorant... this wont change that! This idea just gives people a chance to play a helpful role within the hotel?

Xs are there to answer particular questions and give guidance in the hotel these "welcomers" just spend a few minutes with a newbie welcoming them and maybe explaining about the free furni they received and answer one or two questions

There complexly different things, i would have thoughts Xs would be pleased that more habbos will benefit from others willing to help!

Some Xs need to re think why they became an X, the way some are carrying on its like they think this will undermine them in some way

Asher
13-02-2008, 12:06 AM
It seems like a good idea. Isn't habbo suppose to be about the community aspect, and making friends and what not? ... and i'm sure this welcoming party thing will act as a step towards making newer habbos feel welcomed. I think some of the X's just want to feel like they have a real purpose within habbo, and by habbo introducing this thing, it takes their role away, I guess.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!